Topic: BSG season 3.0 spoilers thread.  (Read 43023 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
BSG season 3.0 spoilers thread.
« on: October 06, 2006, 08:28:14 pm »
I really figured Either Judge or Bear would have the thread made already... Slackers...  ;D

Anyway, even the first five minuts had me going, all the time I'm thinking There is now way that Starbuck is going to be a kept women, no way at all, and when she decided to act, man did she ever. That's the ruthless Gal I've came to know and love.

The Insurgents are a good storyline so far, and seeing Sloan standing up like a man for once,well It's about time that one eyed bugger did something right.

Stephen

Edit, your right Judge, My bad on thinking it was 2.5
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 11:50:43 am by Stephen NCC -73070 »
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
Re: BSG season 2.5 spoilers thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 12:42:17 am »
It's season Three now, Stephen. 

I guess we should just post about BSG here...it fits best as compared to the other two threads tonight.  The Leoben/Starbuck scenes are just downright creepy.  Starbuck shanking Leoben is just right...and I love the fact that she's killed him five times so far...and then he pulls the mind-frack on her with the little girl.  Robert was screaming at the screen for her to kill her (considering he's so liberal he makes me look conservative that's saying something). 

I was waiting for the whole suicide bomber scenes to reach a moral judgment by the show's writers and I was so pleased that they DIDN'T fall into that trap.  Tigh loved using them, and Roslin slapped him for doing it (both literally and metaphorically).  Tigh's line about sometimes thinking she had ice water in her veins and other times she's a mushy bleeding heart was classic (especially when you consider it was Tigh who plotted to help her steal the election last year and failed). 

I loved that Galactica Boomer is now married to Helo and that Helo is now the XO of Galactica.  Her storyline has been something I've loved to watch...and I can't wait to see how she reacts when she learns her daughter is alive and well and that Adama helped hide the baby, letting Boomer think she'd died in childbirth.  She's back in uniform of the Colonies for now...but how long will that last when she finds her child?

Another thing I enjoyed was Elen Tigh's story line and her fracking a Cavil model for husband only to be led into a trap.  Just proves the Cylons arent' totally inept at managing humanity. 

As far as Lee Adama's fat suit...the sooner it's gone, the better because I like the eye candy that he's been up to now...but it's a good plot device (and looks damn real).  Having him lead the Pegasus in search of Earth while his father goes back for the rest of humanity was a good storyline plot development that I'll enjoy seeing play out.

So many little moments, and scenes, like Roslin's heart-to-heart with Zarek and Zarek wishing she'd succeeded in stealing the election was just wonderful.  Ii can't wait for next week...
He who can master the data controls the world.

Offline Bartok

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 12:50:06 am »
And how about Caprica 6 gettin a cap in the head....

seems the Cylons are becoming more and more like us ... I guess that cylon on cylon violence might also escalate...... the character development / arc is unsurpassed.....

Was also pleasantly surprised when it didn't wrap up in 1 hour and went a full 2  ;D  I haven't been following the blogs too closely, it might've been mentioned that it was going to be 2 hours but I didn't know in advance.... pleasant surprise

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 11:45:47 am »

seems the Cylons are becoming more and more like us ... I guess that cylon on cylon violence might also escalate...... the character development / arc is unsurpassed.....

Was also pleasantly surprised when it didn't wrap up in 1 hour and went a full 2  ;D  I haven't been following the blogs too closely, it might've been mentioned that it was going to be 2 hours but I didn't know in advance.... pleasant surprise

Yeah, they decided to show the first two episodes together instead of splitting them up.  The bad news is they aren't adding an extra episode to the season...but that's okay I guess. 

Another bit of news is that they aren't breaking this season up like they normally do nowadays.  There will be no mid-season break.  All of this season will be shown, a new episode each week, over the next twenty weeks. 

Offline Iceman

• 1st Lieutenant
  • Lt.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 03:00:35 pm »

Yeah, they decided to show the first two episodes together instead of splitting them up.  The bad news is they aren't adding an extra episode to the season...but that's okay I guess. 

Another bit of news is that they aren't breaking this season up like they normally do nowadays.  There will be no mid-season break.  All of this season will be shown, a new episode each week, over the next twenty weeks. 

Thank god, hated that.

Did anyone else watch the webisodes? It helps alot to understand Duck. Such a great guy, totally destroyed by the violence around him.

And Jammer...poor Jammer. The kid just can't seem to do anything "right" in anyones eyes but his own. It's obvious that's weighing heavily.

So, taking bets, where'd the firefight Callie heard come from? Boomer's group, or Roslin's group? I'll stay out of it for now.
I believe this belongs to you. -Commander Sheehan to Imperial Captain Smithy
"Wedge, it's amazing how deceptive you can be without actually lying." -Tycho Celchu

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
Re: BSG season 3.0 spoilers thread.
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 03:17:42 pm »
Given the size o a planet I'd have to say Roslin's group but...
There has to be something else. (Like they'll kill her now)
I'd go with the firing squad either got ambushed or into a firefight with the NCP members.

Anyone else laugh at the "Fat Ass" comment?
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline stoneyface

• Dark Lord of the Spliff
  • Lt. Commander
  • i reject your reality and substitute my own
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 03:48:43 pm »
loved it!!!

here be spoilers!

my guess (i say more than guess) that the shots heard were NOT cylon. the sound effect thet used was not the cylon arm-gun sound heard in the first two seasons. i would say that jammer(with the possibility of jammer and the presidents aide) set up a double cross. did you notice that the ncp guys took off running just before the cylons started marching up? also the rate of fire wasn't an even steady firing but chaotic and random like a group of humans firing. so, like i said, it wasn't the cylons firing but the cylons being double crossed and rosalyn's group actually being saved. there is an odd chance that it is the boomer group that we hear but i doubt it. we know that tigh's wife gave the plans and the map to the cylons and i am sure that they have something special planned for us viewers on that groups outcome.

i loved the fat-ass joke! they really did up the adama being soft bit. he is soooo ugly fat!

starbuck is just setting up leobon for a fall.

the webisodes are great. anyone know if they were public domain or not because i could upload them for everyone if need be ;)

mr. president...i want you sooooooo dead! you mutha fraking traitor!!!

cant wait for the rest of the season. whoo hoo!!!
BlackOps agent for XenoCorp...

"Sic gorgiamos allos subjectos nunc" - we gladly feast on those who would subdue us...

DMT = Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.   -Nietzsche was pietzsche-

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 03:55:02 pm »
I don't think the webepsidoes are public. ~ In any event I know they were not available for outside of the US.
They (obviously) weren't hard to track down. But from what I've heard they seem to be asking youtube etc to take them
down. Of cours they keep showing up so I assume for some reaosn youtube etc aren't blocking them completely.

762_XC

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2006, 11:49:51 am »
One aspect that has me chuckling is, what's going to happen to Baltar when they pick up and leave New Caprica?

Sitting in a high chair on a base star I suppose.  ;D

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2006, 12:04:58 pm »
It's either got to be that he's a Cylon (which will be one of the biggest TV stupidities ever)
or he's done something like set up an ambush of the execution squad.

Or maybe he will be sitting in a high chair (don't knock it) surrounded by a ship full of Sixes..

762_XC

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2006, 12:25:21 pm »
Making him a cylon would be jumping the biggest shark in the universe. That would be colossally dumb.

Anywho, my two favorite scenes:

Boomer getting re-commissioned (well I guess for that model it was the first time). It stretched the limits of suspension of disbelief, that her relationship with Adama could have thawed to that point, but there was something gratifying seeing her in uniform again. And yes, what happens when/if she finds the baby will be explosive, as well as Maya's reaction when she finds out the baby is half cylon.

The Roslin/Zarek scene. Those two have such a complex relationship, sometimes friends, sometimes enemies, that every meeting between them is a fascinating development.

Best line: "Frak you Sharon, you frakked up toaster!" LOL

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2006, 12:36:14 pm »
I think the Sharon being recommissioned storyline is the one that suffered the most from the 'jump' forward of a year.  Adama was pretty angry with her (for damn good reasons) all second season, but there were hints of his softening.  First of all, he sees her as a person with certain rights, even if she was a cylon.  Remember when the Pegasus officer tried to rape her?  He wasn't as pissed at Tyrol and Helo for saving her from being raped as he was at Cain trying to execute them.  Even then, Sharon wasn't just a toaster to be treated any way people wanted. 

Also, Adama didn't quite like participating in the hiding of her baby. 

In this season, did you notice that he went to her to talk about the situation and get her advice?  That was clue #1 how serious the change was.  Clue #2, the door to her cell was left open.  She wasn't being watched by guards whlie she was talking to Adama, he trusted her enough to sit and drink tea with her while discussing things he would not discuss with his own son.  Also, look at the background behind him.  A plain, barren cell has been turned into some pretty comfy quarters with nice furniture and everything.

Finally, he allowed his Executive Officer, Karl G. Agathon, to marry her. 

There must be a lot of back-story there.  With his son not on the ship, losing his edge, his best crewmembers (Tyrol, Starbuck, Dualla) either on the planet or the Pegasus, who else did he have to turn to for heart-to-heart talks?  Boomer has obviously filled that role over the last year, and maybe, just maybe, he believes he's learned enough about her from regular talks over the course of that year that he can now trust her on this mission.  Notice, he's learned a lot more about cylon capabilities too, as did Starbuck from her talk with Sharon.  Another factor was the talk itself.  Notice Boomer's comment about having to reconcile herself to her betrayal of her people.  Reconciling to a single act isn't exactly easy, but it is not all that hard.  Reconciling yourself to a lifetime of betrayal is much harder, and that's maybe what Boomer has had to do...

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2006, 12:47:36 pm »
I think there are a few things missing- I assume "flashbacks" are on order.
Like- what happened with the Cylons? Obviously not everything has been forgiven ...

Still want to see if/how they redeem Baltar. I mean he was pretty much a unredeemable git before this.
But now- if the insurgency is willing to send suicide  bombers to try and kill him?

I mean man- they're po'd at Gaeda (sp?).Don't even want to think about what's in store for Baltar.
More I think about it the more I thin t00l hit it- can see him serving as advisor of some kinda after they leave New Caprica.

I liked how Zarek tried to pull Roslin back- but didn't stand in front of her.
Really wish that character would get a bit more airtime.

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2006, 02:14:12 pm »
An interesting little tidbit I haven't seen mentioned much:

When Three (Lucy Lawless cylon) was talking to Six about the humans and Baltar, she calls the Six model "Caprica" as if it was an identity that separates her from all the other Six models.  Later we see how easily all the models except Eight (Sharon Valeri) accept the execution of Caprica Six in order to force Baltar to sign.  There are definite splits appearing amongst the cylons...

Offline Villa64

• NCC-64E
  • Captain
  • Knuckle Dragger
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2006, 02:32:03 pm »
Maybe I got taken in at the end, but I imagined a "Malmedy Massacre" where maybe a few feigned death in the next episode (the stars, of course).

Also that if the Cylons hit the landing party and survive the encounter, then surprise is blown strategically, and those "dozen more base ships" have reason to show up, as discussed in the staff meeting aboard Galactica.

Seems like there is tons of plot to be tied up here, right at the beginning of ... well, of next week.
Engaging the precious snowflakes of the world.

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2006, 05:17:54 pm »
There are some (fairly) big spoliers in this interview
*You have been warned*

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2006/10/battlestar_gala.html#more

Although personlly I think it might be a joke. Usually they're a bit more careful about revealing this stuff.

762_XC

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2006, 07:35:20 pm »
An interesting little tidbit I haven't seen mentioned much:

When Three (Lucy Lawless cylon) was talking to Six about the humans and Baltar, she calls the Six model "Caprica" as if it was an identity that separates her from all the other Six models.  Later we see how easily all the models except Eight (Sharon Valeri) accept the execution of Caprica Six in order to force Baltar to sign.  There are definite splits appearing amongst the cylons...

Why would they not accept it? They know she's not really dead.

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2006, 10:47:59 am »
Um... didn't the insurgents hit the 'cloning' facilities?

I think Caprica Six is gone for good... at least outside of Baltar's head...

If you remember the episode based on Caprica, they started calling her Caprica Six then...
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Death_Merchant

• Commander
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2006, 11:03:11 am »
The Brother Caval Cylon specifically stated to Baltar after Caprica 6 was shot "She'll be back, unlike you if he pulls the trigger."

The Cylons (skin jobs) continue to resurrect. The Centurions do not, and are not sentient.

Ron Moore's podcast for this episode speaks of a storyline involving the Resistance capturing, holding, torturing, and keeping alive a few skinjobs. That was to be the real reason for the crackdown: Cylons simply disappearing -> and that's more frightening to them than being killed & resurrected. Instead, the storyline focused on the suicide bombings for dramatic reasons.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2006, 11:57:27 am »
The Duck storyline in the webisodes was nicely done, and showed why he was the suicide bomber in the police graduation ceremony.  He'd refused to join the Resistance at first, because he was married and they were trying to have a baby.  She was killed during a cylon raid on the temple, where she was praying.  Nora had asked Duck to go with her, but he'd declined because he didn't believe in the Gods.  At first he blamed Tigh because Tigh had hidden weapons in the temple, but his anger at the cylons grew...until he joined the Police Corps as a double agent, with Tigh's approval (or at least Tyrol's).

The woman suicide bomber hit the power grid, not the cloning faciility.  As far as we know, they've built another Resurrection ship and are using it now.  So while the New Caprica residents have to deal with 50% of their power generation facilities being destroyed, and taking weeks to rebuild, the Cylons at least can come back.

When Doral shot Caprica Six, the line "now there's TWO incidents of cylon on cylon violence" went through my head.  They'd just finished mentioning the time that Caprica Six bashed in #3's head with a rock (Lucy Lawless Cylon).  I'm pretty sure shooting Caprica Six was intentinally done, decided on in advance.  It's both payback for Caprica's killing of #3, and it is also a signal that the 'lovey dovey' Caprica and Boomer models are in disfavor along with their plan to 'coexist' with the humans.

Almost forgot...we do know several things more about the Cylon raiders than we do the centurions.  We know the Raiders are animalistic in their intelligence, not really at the same level of thinking as the skin jobs.  We also know that they ARE resurrected just like the skin jobs.  In the 2nd season episode "Scar", Boomer tells Starbuck that the raider 'scar' is probably filled with rage after having been killed over and over again by the colonials.  That was why he was so good...because he'd died several times and gotten better...but he was also filled with rage because 'dying hurts'.  Now if the raiders are resurrected, why wouldn't they resurrect the Centurions?  They are still capable of learning from their mistakes, just like the raiders, and it would make them better warriors...