Topic: Silver Surfer Movie!!!!!!!  (Read 4111 times)

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
Re: Silver Surfer Movie!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2006, 03:14:03 pm »
I always thought the Silver Surfer was a good guy.
Only in America .....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2006, 03:15:36 pm »
Not always, when he first appeared, he was the herald of galactus.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline jualdeaux

• The Quiet One
  • Global Moderator
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2006, 03:16:35 pm »
Thanks.

And it would be cool if they used Joe's tune in the movie somewhere.
Only in America .....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 08:19:41 pm »
Not always, when he first appeared, he was the herald of galactus.

Stephen

Even there you could argue he was being a good guy as he chose to serve Galactus to save his own world at the price of never seeing it again.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 11:13:06 pm »
He's a complicated guy ;)

Anyway, the trailer looks really cool.  When I was younger (back in the mid-90s, so not that long ago for you old people ;) ) there was a bunch of Marvel comic book characters made into TV shows (X-Men and Spiderman were the big ones, but there was also Fantastic Four, for example).  I remember watching an episode of Fantastic Four that had the rise of the Silver Surfer and thought he was pretty cool.  Then about a year or two later, they gave the Silver Surfer his own TV show, which I watched until it was cancelled (which wasn't very long).  His surfboard really seems to set him appart for me and make him seem really cool.  He's definitely one of my favorite Marvel characters.

As for the movie, I heard the first one sucked, so I never watched it.  But, hopefully, this one'll be good, so I'll think about giving it a chance.  The Silver Surfer will definitely make it better ;)
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2006, 09:23:27 am »
Heh, OT and OFf Forum. Any of you Play Marvel Ultimate Alliance? The surfers an unlockable, and is cool as all get out.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2006, 04:27:44 pm »
Heh, OT and OFf Forum. Any of you Play Marvel Ultimate Alliance? The surfers an unlockable, and is cool as all get out.

Stephen

It's a weak game.   The Characters all felt the "same" for lack of a better word.   With "Justice League:  Heroes" the characters all seem and play different.  Batman is not Flash, etc . .  .    MUA all seemed like different skins of the same

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2006, 06:04:13 pm »
I don't know Die Hard, I kinda enjoyed the game. My first time through, i did the FF4, second time, the avengers, and third time , was of a team of my own making.

SS, Thor, Spidey, and of course Jessica Drew.

IT is very much like Xmen Legends 1/2 , but on the ps2, I thought IT was ok, with enough differance between people.

Of course the challenge missions where entertaining IMHO. Man I did blades's and CA's I don;t know how many times before i Figured it out.

Stephen

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2006, 11:25:49 pm »

Stephen

No but I did play the TSR Marvel Superheroes role playing game (pen and paper game).  Had some fun doing so though there was a discussion of lynching my character one night (right after he saved everyone at great risk to himself - ungrateful wretches ;)).

Come to think of it there have been a few times other gamers have discussed lynching me.  I wonder why?
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2007, 05:28:40 pm »

Stephen

No but I did play the TSR Marvel Superheroes role playing game (pen and paper game).  Had some fun doing so though there was a discussion of lynching my character one night (right after he saved everyone at great risk to himself - ungrateful wretches ;)).

Come to think of it there have been a few times other gamers have discussed lynching me.  I wonder why?

I loved that game, I especially loved how ACURATE the stats were to the power levels of the characters.   In the fight where Steve Rogers (Orignal Captain America) fights his replacement it took the EXACT number of punches needed to knock him out in the game as he took before he fell in the comic.

Check out these sights for online stats from that game:
http://www.angelfire.com/comics/benriely/index.html

and for more fun, DC guys comverted to Marvel (though I disagree with SOME of his conclusions, particularly the FIGHTING scores).
http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/dcuniverse/

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2007, 07:53:56 pm »
I loved that game, I especially loved how ACURATE the stats were to the power levels of the characters.   In the fight where Steve Rogers (Orignal Captain America) fights his replacement it took the EXACT number of punches needed to knock him out in the game as he took before he fell in the comic.

Check out these sights for online stats from that game:
http://www.angelfire.com/comics/benriely/index.html

and for more fun, DC guys comverted to Marvel (though I disagree with SOME of his conclusions, particularly the FIGHTING scores).
http://www.angelfire.com/mi2/dcuniverse/

I enjoyed it a fair bit, especially once the GM understood that a given attack vs a specific defense might result in the defense being stronger or weaker.  My character (Darkling) for example drew power from an "anti life dimension" (think negative material plane in D&D), organic defenses (like the Hulk) didn't work to well vs him, tech defenses worked very well, robots were almost totally resistant.  He couldn't carry a living being when he teleported (through that dimension) without killing it.  It made for interesting strenghts and weaknesses.

Offline RazalYllib

• Imperial Romulan Information Service-senior advisor
  • Lt.
    • IRIS
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2007, 06:00:41 pm »
Trailer ROX!!!

Serious Drool on the keyboard....

Surfer fx looked a little rough, hope they tweak a little.
Comes a time when the blind man takes your hand
Says "don't you see?"
Gotta make it somehow
On the dreams you still believe
Don't give it up
You got an empty cup
Only love can fill
Only love can fill

Offline Death_Merchant

• Commander
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 03:29:03 pm »
Trailer ROX!!!

Serious Drool on the keyboard....

Surfer fx looked a little rough, hope they tweak a little.
Perhaps even rougher than you think......
Some folks over at aintitcoolnews, with way too much time on their hands, took a close look at Surfer.
Seems he's not modest.....

More than 'nuf said
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely regarded as a bad move." - Douglas Adams (1952-2001)