Topic: Newb Vs. Noob  (Read 1339 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Newb Vs. Noob
« on: September 18, 2006, 01:06:17 pm »
I thought it was funny.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
Re: Newb Vs. Noob
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2006, 01:42:56 pm »
ROFLMAO! During AOTK, BobG and I picked up a noob fresh from SFC3 who constantly ignored our guidance and would race ahead at 31 in a CLC while Bob and I hung back and loaded our weapons. After the AI blew up the noob, Bob and I went in and killed them quickly and efficiently. This happened about 2-3 times, and then, he logged off, thankfully for Starfleet, never to be heard from again on the D2. Big difference between newbs who want to learn and noobs who think they're James Tiberius Kirk the first time out of the chute.  :banghead:

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2006, 04:07:57 pm »
OMG, Father Ted, wasn't he the same guy that was doing range 8+ alpha strikes on AI and wondering why he couldn't kill them?

Unless I am talking about another one, who for the life of him, could not understand that OL photons were the order for the day when it came to AI....
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Father Ted

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 07:37:38 pm »
A lot of D3'ers came out for AOTK, thinking that the games were the same. Most never made it past the speed 31, range 8 alpha that only got them blown up by AI that were smarter than they were.

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2006, 08:48:20 am »
A lot of D3'ers came out for AOTK, thinking that the games were the same. Most never made it past the speed 31, range 8 alpha that only got them blown up by AI that were smarter than they were.

OMG  I had two D3'ers try to take me out in AOTK2. The 1st was flying a D7W against me in my Z-DF+. He gave me the opportunity to run for the border, but I told him that I like a Challenge ;D  I figured out that this guy was a Newb to D2 when he tried to hit me with a Alpha strike at range 12 :o So I did what any good kitty would have done. I drooped a SP, then hooked him and let loose with six Type IV drones through his #1 shield.  The next Thing I saw was this player asking "WTF kind of ship is that". He had no Idea on how to defend him self from Drones. It was a fun encounter because I spent the next hour doing 1v1 with this guy to teach him the basics of Drone Def. ;D

The 2nd guy was a Noob!!!  I had taken a Planetary Assalt and found that it was guarded by someone named Maravitch in a R-PRA. I follwed my AI help which were a CD and a DF+. I was in a Z-DWD. The Guy was Smack talking the whole time. As I got closer I saw that he fired a alpha strike against the CD which launched a WW. I flew up and locked him in a Lv 4 tractor. It was just one of the best timed strikes I had ever been in on. At the same time the CD, the DF and I launched our drones at him. When they all hit, this guy starts to call me a cheater and all sorts of other things. He kept going on about how I was cheating because he could not launch his WW. As I was explaining to him that you can't launch any shuttles while your being held by a Tractor, the DF and the CD launched another Drone wave and he went BOOM. This guy then called me a few more names then just before he logged off the server he said "We never had to put up with this BS on any of the D3 Servers"  Noob! ;D

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Father Ted

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2006, 11:29:17 am »

OMG  I had two D3'ers try to take me out in AOTK2. The 1st was flying a D7W against me in my Z-DF+. He gave me the opportunity to run for the border, but I told him that I like a Challenge ;D  I figured out that this guy was a Newb to D2 when he tried to hit me with a Alpha strike at range 12 :o So I did what any good kitty would have done. I drooped a SP, then hooked him and let loose with six Type IV drones through his #1 shield.  The next Thing I saw was this player asking "WTF kind of ship is that". He had no Idea on how to defend him self from Drones. It was a fun encounter because I spent the next hour doing 1v1 with this guy to teach him the basics of Drone Def. ;D

The 2nd guy was a Noob!!!  I had taken a Planetary Assalt and found that it was guarded by someone named Maravitch in a R-PRA. I follwed my AI help which were a CD and a DF+. I was in a Z-DWD. The Guy was Smack talking the whole time. As I got closer I saw that he fired a alpha strike against the CD which launched a WW. I flew up and locked him in a Lv 4 tractor. It was just one of the best timed strikes I had ever been in on. At the same time the CD, the DF and I launched our drones at him. When they all hit, this guy starts to call me a cheater and all sorts of other things. He kept going on about how I was cheating because he could not launch his WW. As I was explaining to him that you can't launch any shuttles while your being held by a Tractor, the DF and the CD launched another Drone wave and he went BOOM. This guy then called me a few more names then just before he logged off the server he said "We never had to put up with this BS on any of the D3 Servers"  Noob! ;D

It kinda sorta reminds me of the season I coached Little League Baseball about 10 years ago. The kids were 8-9 year olds just learning the basics, but no matter how hard you tried to explain: "If you're on base and the batter pops up, don't run!" So naturally, the moment that popup came, they were off to the races. A lot of D3'ers were the same way on AOTK.  :banghead: