Topic: Freelancer On Line  (Read 1628 times)

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
  • It's Not News. It's CNN
Freelancer On Line
« on: September 12, 2006, 11:47:33 pm »
In the Times between Major Dyna Severs. I spend my time playing Freelancer on line. The first server that I would like to tell you about is the EFS server out of England. It is a very well run server that can be very fun to play and also have you screaming Bloody Murder ;D

There is a Mod you need to Down Load, and you can grt it here.http://efs.proboards22.com/index.cgi
There are new systems, and the pirates have been modified....LV 10 weapons and Shields :o

The next server I play on is called  "The Void" another Mod that is out of this world. Downloads are Here.http://www.voidserver.com/
New Ships,weapons,systems, all new game almost ;D
What makes this server so fun is that I have never seen less then 35 people on at any one time.

And Jack If you love privateer you would go nuts with Freelancer..... It rocks!!!!!!!

[img width=600 height=150]

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
Re: Freelancer On Line
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 12:17:33 pm »
Is it free now? If not, where can I get it? I take it that it is an old game that I missed out on. I got bored with Privateer.  :)

I'm waiting for 2 games to get released, Pacific storm and that new Star Trek combat game. Though I doubt I'll play the Star Trek one past TOS and refit periods. The later Star Treks just didn't hold me like the original crew period did.

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 05:44:41 am »
Is it free now? If not, where can I get it? I take it that it is an old game that I missed out on. I got bored with Privateer. 

Jack both servers are free, they just ask for donations. You can probably pick up the game in most bargain bins, or if not you could get the game for cheep on Amazon or E-Bay.

I think the server that you would like is "The Void"  lots of trading at the start of the game so you can make money to buy better ships and equipment. You start the server in a piece of crap little ship. But you are neutral towads most everyone so its easy at first to trade goods. The most profitable run in the beginning is to buy Beryllium at Manchester Station in the New London sector for 195. Fly to "The Ring" in the New Berlin system and sell it for 1200. Then buy Engine parts at "The Ring" for 225. Fly to New London and sell them for 1195. ;D

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 11:57:50 am »
Shoot Lyrkiller grabbed me a copy awhile back, and I think it was around 20 bucks down there in Tx. I may have to check those servers out Soreyes.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Soreyes

• Commander
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 03:25:34 am »
Shoot Lyrkiller grabbed me a copy awhile back, and I think it was around 20 bucks down there in Tx. I may have to check those servers out Soreyes.

Stephen

The funnything about the Void is that there a whole lot of Russans on the the server.... and they can be a fun bunch, or if you happen to piss one of them off you could be hunted down by the rest :o   How was I to know that Transport that I attempted to Pirate last week held a whole bunch of Nomad weapons and shealds that Vasilly was transporting to another system :o ;D  (They were mad at me BUT in a good fun sort of way) ;D

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 04:05:47 pm »

Stephen

The funnything about the Void is that there a whole lot of Russans on the the server.... and they can be a fun bunch, or if you happen to piss one of them off you could be hunted down by the rest :o   How was I to know that Transport that I attempted to Pirate last week held a whole bunch of Nomad weapons and shealds that Vasilly was transporting to another system :o ;D  (They were mad at me BUT in a good fun sort of way) ;D

Well man, you gotta be carefull having to much fun with the Russians. :) I mean I care alot about all my brothers in the corp, but I especially worry about you.

I've never seen a man compete so damn hard with Fred Sanford in my life when It comes to the big one. ;)

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2006, 03:46:32 am »

Stephen

Where were all those Russian dudes for EAW and OP? They do not like Star Trek?  ;D