Topic: DNLs: Besides the Fed, which ones are OTT?  (Read 27673 times)

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
Re: DNLs: Besides the Fed, which ones are OTT?
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2006, 08:57:19 pm »
I think the DNL's could be somewhat fixe simply with fleeting rules
Say that you can't have more than one specialty and one metal in a fleet.
CAll the DNL as both a special and metal and it won't be able to wing with either.
DNL and two CS+ will still be nasty, but not as bad as 2xCF's or a CF and a plasma boat with them.

I guess maybe fleeting rules should be the way to go with everything, this was no ships get modified and there is less bickering.

Plus of course I can claim I solved all the problems on the D2.

That's gotta get me a few freebies dwon at the pub.
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline FPF-Paladin

• 'Thou shalt not CAD.' - DH
  • Lt.
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2006, 09:24:05 pm »
What can a Paladin do against a Rom?

Easy.  I can run the b*stard around the map, make him waste his plasma, and kick in a few shields for good measure...

Oh wait.  You mean the hydran ship don't you...  :smackhead:

hehe,

Yes.  Shameless post whore I am.
~Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it. ~

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2006, 10:01:45 pm »

and real Feds fly the BCF anyway  :P.

Real feds fly a plasma boat  :rofl:

Wouldn't "real Feds" fly the BCJ ?   ;D  Just kidding as I know the BCJ is a piece of crap.

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2006, 10:45:34 pm »
There has to be someone besides me who prefers the BCG... I mean you
all can't be that stupid...

Offline FPF-Paladin

• 'Thou shalt not CAD.' - DH
  • Lt.
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2006, 11:19:54 pm »

You're right.  I'm probably stupider.. I have this love affair with the BCE :P

Hehe, I've flown the BCJ... dangerous thing to get in front of but after the first volley it's not great.  BCF... spent a loooot of time in one of those, as far as viable PvPers I can't imagine why you'd want a BCG instead.

Getting OT though...

I'd like to see the FYA changed but that's probably it.  It's too hard to prune some ships in some eras and not others.. like say the entirety of the ISC :P
~Life cannot find reasons to sustain it, cannot be a source of decent mutual regard, unless each of us resolves to breathe such qualities into it. ~

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2006, 11:41:07 pm »

Why don't you just cut off our balls? You neutered the DNH without consulting anyone who flies Fed regularly, you refuse to fix the BCG, and now you want to add the DNL to your list because YOU think it's over the top. Forgive me if I'm a little skeptical, but who died and made you RM?  >:(

Ted, STFU and stay off the Alter wine.  Anything we've done int eh SGO BETA list is just that:  BETA.  We are testing things, nothing is written in stone.  The DNL is probrably never going to get touched.

The BCG is not broken with 6 Drone control.   It's not a drone ship, and real Feds fly the BCF anyway  :P.

As far as who made me "RM,"  RMs haven't had any say in shiplist desgin for 4 years.  Rememeber AOTK?

The "G" in BCG stands for guided missile in case you forgot, arsehole. If we have to alter Klink ships to make them more competitive, let's fix the BCG while we're at it. And no, I will not STFU on this.  :carmen:

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline GDA-Agave

• That's MR. Planet Battering Ram to you buddy!!
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
  • Fear my tequila breath!!!
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2006, 11:51:35 pm »
The Gorn DNL is certainly not OTT.  Its basicly a CCH on a bigger hull.   Sure it's got a nice powercurve, but it can be beaten like most plasma ships.

Now, saying that, I do think it should be restricted by fleeting rules like any other Gorn DN.

One of the few, the proud, THE GORN!!
Gorn Dragon Alliance - Protecting Ghdar and the Bruce Way!

Gorn Dragon Templar
"Protecting the roads to Brucedom for all travelers of faith"

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2006, 12:39:28 am »

Why don't you just cut off our balls? You neutered the DNH without consulting anyone who flies Fed regularly, you refuse to fix the BCG, and now you want to add the DNL to your list because YOU think it's over the top. Forgive me if I'm a little skeptical, but who died and made you RM?  >:(

Ted, STFU and stay off the Alter wine.  Anything we've done int eh SGO BETA list is just that:  BETA.  We are testing things, nothing is written in stone.  The DNL is probrably never going to get touched.

The BCG is not broken with 6 Drone control.   It's not a drone ship, and real Feds fly the BCF anyway  :P.

As far as who made me "RM,"  RMs haven't had any say in shiplist desgin for 4 years.  Rememeber AOTK?

The "G" in BCG stands for guided missile in case you forgot, arsehole. If we have to alter Klink ships to make them more competitive, let's fix the BCG while we're at it. And no, I will not STFU on this.  :carmen:

?? Am I missing something?
BCG has 4 racks and 6 control in SFB, and 4 racks and 6 control in the shiplist..

Offline Capt Jeff

• 1AF
  • Lt.
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2006, 05:33:52 am »

BCG is mediocre at best.   Not enough of anything to be a threat.  Power curve is not good, though, save the BCE, is best for Feds.  BCJ is a waste of time.  Maybe if it had, say 44 power  ;) .    And it comes out so late, it's funny.  BCE is too late as well.  Maybe with some drone defense, it could work.   Whenever I fly a Fed BCH (which is rare on a rules heavy campaign), I'll stick with a BCF.

The DNL must be OTT, it's just fun to fly, which can't be good  ;)
Capt Jeff

Former SFC2.NET Administrator
C.O., Heavy Command Cruiser
USS Crasher NCC 1733

1AF---Friendship, Honor, Fun.  It's what we Play For.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2006, 06:55:33 am »

Glad to see we are both keeping our sense of humor.  The Drone control in SFB is 6, it's not broken. 

Wanna fly a BCG with 12 Drone control?  Wait until 2283, it comes with F14s also  ;D
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2006, 07:22:11 am »
BCG is mediocre at best. 

I have NEVER lost a BCG to a C7 captain in all the years I've been playing this game. C7 Captains are too used to flying against that BCF cheese boat to know what a real ship can do.

Offline Icehawk

• Commodore 9thFleet
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2006, 08:58:14 am »
i enjoy all these warfare lol to a point hehe but did the pilots of the p-51 say now wait we cant fly it its better than the 109 lets go back to the old piece of junk we were flyn to balance

**** We are the Blue Guard we are watching ****

762_XC

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2006, 09:18:13 am »
Ted, keep it cool please.

el-Karnak

« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2006, 11:01:17 am »

and real Feds fly the BCF anyway  :P.

Real feds fly a plasma boat  :rofl:

Wouldn't "real Feds" fly the BCJ ?   ;D  Just kidding as I know the BCJ is a piece of crap.

F-BCF is my favorite Fed ship, but I also come from an ISC background where Plasma torps are more prevalent. The ship has an awesome alpha strike with 4 x O/L Photons (4 * 16 = 64 pts.), 2 x Pla-F (2 * 20 = 40 pts.), 2 x DroneIV (2 * 24 = 48 pts), plus 10 x Phaser 1s with 8 firing forward.  This ships has very versatile array of armaments with Photons, Plasma torps, drone racks, AMDs, couple Phaser 3s, and lotsa Phaser 1s.

My F-BCF also helped blow up Dizzy. That counts for a lot of points too. ;D

Offline Capt Jeff

• 1AF
  • Lt.
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2006, 11:03:37 am »
BCG is mediocre at best. 

I have NEVER lost a BCG to a C7 captain in all the years I've been playing this game. C7 Captains are too used to flying against that BCF cheese boat to know what a real ship can do.

Please explain what gives you a advantage in a BCG vs C7 fight.
Capt Jeff

Former SFC2.NET Administrator
C.O., Heavy Command Cruiser
USS Crasher NCC 1733

1AF---Friendship, Honor, Fun.  It's what we Play For.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2006, 12:14:18 pm »
BCG is mediocre at best. 

the Klingons have a better BCH, the Feds a better Heavy Dread.  It's the circle of life . . .

I'm sure hexx can provide you with an itemized list of ships the balance tips slightly in the Fed's favor
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 12:25:32 pm by FPF-DieHard »

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2006, 12:39:57 pm »
BCG is mediocre at best. 

the Klingons have a better BCH, the Feds a better Heavy Dread.  It's the circle of life . . .

I'm sure hexx can provide you with an itemized list of ships the balance tips slightly in the Fed's favor

You want the PDF or Word version?

BTW- I will be flying nothing other than a BCG on SS3 , and will easily demonstrate it's superiority over the C7 in every battle.

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2006, 12:41:38 pm »
BCG is mediocre at best. 

Excel, it's easier with nice alligned Collumns :)

Offline Riskyllama

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt.
  • Risky
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2006, 01:16:14 pm »

BTW- I will be flying nothing other than a BCG on SS3 , and will easily demonstrate it's superiority over the C7 in every battle.

PDF is fine for me.
Oh and if I tell you I'm in a C7, you'll come to me Hexx? This just keeps getting easier and easier.
Everything is sweetened by risk. ~Alexander Smith

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2006, 01:31:08 pm »
BCG is mediocre at best. 

MAGIC PHOTONS!  ;D