Topic: SGO6 Shiplist Donors?  (Read 1769 times)

el-Karnak

SGO6 Shiplist Donors?
« on: September 02, 2006, 12:11:53 am »
I noticed that the Andros are using Tigerheart as the donor race. Does that mean the NPC Tholian ships would go in the same race?

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
Re: SGO6 Shiplist Donors?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 02:53:15 pm »
the tigers and syndicates were moved to the top of the list entirely for race donation. This avoids out of place races. You can add whatever you want to the tigers. I put the andros there so as to make it easy for me, but they arnt really andros as we all know, they are androgemadens, transvestites bent over on taking the galaxy from behind!

el-Karnak

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2006, 11:12:16 pm »
Hmmm, well the Andros and Tholians in the GAW-enabled EEK scripts are playable, so I have to pick a race to hard-code them to in the scripts in order to turn on tac. warp, web snares, etc. for the appropriate race.  For example, we can't have a frog I-CCZ or a Klink K-C7 doing tac. warps all over the place. :P

When I work with other shiplist designers,

For Andros: Bonk used OrionPrime,  and GAWRod use WyldeFire.

For Tholians: Bonk always used OrionKorgath and GAWRod used OrionOrion.

Which Orion Pirate race is best suited for Andros and for Tholians. Or, does it matter?

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2006, 11:32:46 pm »
Well I wouldnt use tigerheart. It's the only PF cartel and is too important because of that fact. I'd use beast raiders... They arnt as balanced a cartel as the others and monsters are easily moved from race to race. So as a default for all future server admins, that'd be my bet.

el-Karnak

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 10:38:04 pm »
Andros need PFs so I will have to stick with Tigerheart for them. I can use BeastRaiders for the Tholians.

Does anyone have any Tholian shiplist hanging around with models. I'd like to play around with them. ;D

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 04:39:24 am »
Andro ships can be donored. It needs to be tested to see if your code would work on donors.

Engone doubling works for donors in our list, but this feature can be turned off.

el-Karnak

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 08:43:52 am »
Andro ships can be donored. It needs to be tested to see if your code would work on donors.

Engone doubling works for donors in our list, but this feature can be turned off.

2 years ago, Bonk took entire Pirate race and converted them to Andro and we were tac warping all over the place and using TR beams to attack enemy AI. We did a lot of fun PvAI battles.  He used OrionPrime for his Andros.

Last night, I went and modularized a lot of the code that runs the "special features" so that one code change in one place will affect the whole mission pack. Now, we can change the Andro and Tholian races really quickly on the fly.

By any chance, do you still have your Tholian shiplist and models from SG3?

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2006, 09:11:49 am »
I have the whole installer.

762_XC

« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2006, 10:35:17 am »
I'd use beast raiders... They arnt as balanced a cartel as the others and monsters are easily moved from race to race. So as a default for all future server admins, that'd be my bet.

Plus they have really cool taunts.

el-Karnak

« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 09:41:15 am »
I have the whole installer.

Cool, do you have it on a FTP or web site anywhere?

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 10:45:52 am »
I can email it to u or upload it somewhere... Mb i can attach it to a post... lemee see.

Nope its 1 mb max attachment. I'll upload it to dynanet and give u the link.

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 06:57:18 pm »
I can email it to u or upload it somewhere... Mb i can attach it to a post... lemee see.

Nope its 1 mb max attachment. I'll upload it to dynanet and give u the link.

Dizzy, perhaps you should start looking for a new home for your email?  Many of us can send up to 10 MB as an attachment, and it is free

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 07:49:02 pm »
i can mail it. I cant attach it to this post. Dyna posts top at 1mb