Topic: NWN 2  (Read 6705 times)

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
Re: NWN 2
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2006, 03:20:12 pm »
I know of the content, but a lot of it wasn't even done and was dropped before even being done, so you only have outlines and other items for it.

There is some other content that has been left in, from what I understand a few people are trying to incorporate it back into the game in an unofficial mod of their own.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2006, 04:18:07 pm »
I have kinda touched base with those trying With Kotor; the Adding the Robot/Droid Planet for example.
To this day, I feel sorry for Ann, who's hubby worked on this project. It was still excellent work IMHO, Just like Pnuemonics work with the original Ds add on and DS 2.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2006, 09:50:30 pm »
My copy is reserved... how about ya'll?
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2006, 11:38:26 pm »
I haven't pre-ordered yet, But It's till the first of the month (well ok the second).

I figure, I'll Risk life and limb one more time around the 15th, and make the trip into town, and Pre-order about $500.00 bucks worth of Games, consoles, etc. Hell, I'm even thinking about picking up that DS thingamijig, for the new ST game.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Grim

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2006, 06:49:03 am »
Going to wait until there is more clarification on the DM client before i decide whether or not to buy.

Offline Storvick_XC

• IFT Fleet Captain
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2006, 06:08:03 pm »
already pre-ordered the last limited edition box the store in my area had. (according to 4 of the stores in my area, they are selling through the limited edition boxes fast.)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2006, 11:08:53 pm »
Looks like NWN2 is made for Windows XP only.  That means I won't be getting it.  Too bad.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2006, 11:13:25 pm »
C;mon Nem, I know you dislike Microsoft, But If I can give NWN a chance, I know you can also.

If not I'll have to drag your Canadian Butt down here and Put linux on all my systems. I figure if you can talk the talk...  ;D ;D ;D

Stephen

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2006, 06:44:31 am »
C;mon Nem, I know you dislike Microsoft, But If I can give NWN a chance, I know you can also.

If not I'll have to drag your Canadian Butt down here and Put linux on all my systems. I figure if you can talk the talk...  ;D ;D ;D

Stephen

So long as they have the activation nonsense, the WGA spyware and continually engage in illegal acts I have no desire to buy their software.  You wouldn't want me to support an organization that engages in criminal acts and abuses their customers now would you?

Try Ubuntu Linux.  Its a Live CD, which means that though you can install Ubuntu normally you can also run it directly from the CD without removing or otherwise affecting the other OS on your system.  It is also configured more as a Windows replacement which is useful for novices.

It unfortunate the Atari chose not to support other operating systems as was done with NWN1.  They cut off a small but growing market segment, including me.
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2006, 01:45:58 pm »
Proof of Microsofts Evil Ways and plans to take over

Offline _Rondo_GE The OutLaw

• Commodore
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2006, 02:51:48 am »
so where's the cool link...?  I thought Buiwhere was out of the picture...ughhhh

Offline _Rondo_GE The OutLaw

• Commodore
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2006, 03:17:59 am »

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2006, 06:30:41 am »
so where's the cool link...?  I thought Buiwhere was out of the picture...ughhhh

the BioWare Aurora EngineTM, which will power the upcoming Neverwinter Nights 2 from Obsidian Entertainment and Atari

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2006, 09:22:08 pm »
It looks like NWN2 works on Win2K Pro.  So I may get it in a few weeks.

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2006, 01:20:08 am »

IMHO save your money.  At least wait until it has some patches to help the game out a little (well maybe a whole lot).  As it stands now I really don't think it's worth the money.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2006, 06:42:09 pm »

IMHO save your money.  At least wait until it has some patches to help the game out a little (well maybe a whole lot).  As it stands now I really don't think it's worth the money.

If I mention in the right ears that it works on Win2K I can put pretty good odds on being given it as a Christmas gift so it wouldn't be my money.  That was already the plan as until Christmas and certain other things are over and done with I won't have the time for gaming anyhow.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #36 on: December 25, 2006, 08:29:41 pm »
If I mention in the right ears that it works on Win2K I can put pretty good odds on being given it as a Christmas gift so it wouldn't be my money.  That was already the plan as until Christmas and certain other things are over and done with I won't have the time for gaming anyhow.

As predicted I was given NWN2 and I then immediately pulled out the NWN2 World Builders guide I had already bought to go with it.  :)

I may install Tuesday night or Wednesday depending on how other things go.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2006, 11:21:09 pm »
Installed it yesterday just got it functioning.  Now to download the 115 mb patch on dialup again.