Topic: Stargate 200th episode.  (Read 2810 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Stargate 200th episode.
« on: August 18, 2006, 11:03:22 pm »
Man how funny and refreshing a show. I hadn't laughed that long in awhile at a TV show.

From the beggining, "who would make a movie after just three episodes" (firefly referance)

to all the other inside jokes. Trek, Team America, etc. One of the more original from a very Original show.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
Re: Stargate 200th episode.
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 12:30:50 am »
I'm glad I recorded this episode on DVD; I loved it. :)

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 01:26:16 pm »
Ah, they should have killed the show when Richard Anderson decided to leave it.  This season with the Farspace guys and the Orai has really sucked.  Stopped watching it almost immediately when I saw the Orai silliness.  Hallowed, my ass.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Iceman

• 1st Lieutenant
  • Lt.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2006, 12:19:39 am »
You realize they're just the gua'ould (or however you spell it) redone, right?

If you think the Ori are silly go watch season 1/2/3 again.
I believe this belongs to you. -Commander Sheehan to Imperial Captain Smithy
"Wedge, it's amazing how deceptive you can be without actually lying." -Tycho Celchu

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 08:07:35 am »
I wish that instead of jumping the opposition up to a new power level yet again they had instead used season 9 to change the playing field altogether.  Once they beat the ascended ancients what is left to do? 
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 09:39:13 am »
Y'know, if it works with Japanese shows (new, more-powerful enemies rise), how come not in Stargate?  Sure, seasons 9 and 10 aren't the best seasons (save for episode 200 in Season 10), but it's entertaining enough.  But it's a matter of taste then, I guess.  Oh well.  You guys missed out on a treat, especially anyone who still calls SG-1's current seasons "Fargate". :)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 10:00:21 am »
Y'know, if it works with Japanese shows (new, more-powerful enemies rise), how come not in Stargate?  Sure, seasons 9 and 10 aren't the best seasons (save for episode 200 in Season 10), but it's entertaining enough.  But it's a matter of taste then, I guess.  Oh well.  You guys missed out on a treat, especially anyone who still calls SG-1's current seasons "Fargate". :)

I don't watch the Japanese shows so I can't say what works there.

I only saw the first half of the 9th season because they changed stations to one I don't get locally.  I expect that when the DVDs come out for Season 9 I'll be buying them.

Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 12:51:55 am »
On-topic, to those who missed it, just a clue for those who haven't seen it but want to watch it: Youtube has a bunch of clips of SG1's 200th episode.  I didn't bother copying the URLs, but perhaps if I get around to it (feeling tired) I might start bookmarking and then listing the URLs.

Offline Sarek

• Commander
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 08:38:33 am »
Looks like this is the last season unless it finds a new home, the Sci Fi Channel has cancelled it.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/TV/08/22/television.stargate.reut/index.html
Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.  – John Adams (1814)

www.lp.org

Offline TheJudge

• Captain
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2006, 10:49:11 am »
The 200th was a great episode...I laughed very hard..and yeah, the farscape seen really was funny to watch! (especially with Ben playing Stark)

It's sad news hearing that its cancelled because I believe Ben and Claudia have reinvigorated the show without makint it too much 'farscape'. 
He who can master the data controls the world.