Taldrenites > General Starfleet Command Forum

SFC3.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module d3d8.dll

<< < (4/4)

spiderhole:
Did you ever find a solution to this problem?  I'm runninng into the exact same issue with my new machine.  e6600, 7950GT, XP Pro (32bit), dx9c.

Thanks,
M

S31-Riptide:
try setting your resolution to 16 bit...

spiderhole:
did some more searching and found the "disable visual themes" checkbox fixes it for me.

Thanks,
M

T' Kang:
Hail All
I have been playing in the sandbox for a bit. I am catching up with the annual rebuild on the hardware/network now. As expected I ran into the usual teething hassles (Old Program-New Hardware). Most machines are Intel/ATI (ASUS). This is with the ATI 7.4 CCC/Driver set.

I played a little last night loading SFC3 to see what is up. SFC3 is 32-bit. On the Vista-64 machine it runs in XP mode with the CRT monitors. With the normal install of SFC3 (patched to 534b, disabling visual themes, etc.), I ran into the unhandled exceptions on the DVI output to the LCD widescreens (16:9). I have not seen (and probably not want to see) a LCD with a native resolution of 1280x1024.  ::)

The temp DVI workaround is:
1) set the sfc.ini as [3D] resmode=2 {1280x1024}
2) set the desktop area to 1280x1024 32-bit@60Hz
3) set the Image Scaling to use centered timings (most fill-screen settings error with DX8)

This seems to work. I hope it helps.  :P

Does anyone know a fix or mod to add Visual Resolution settings?  :huh:
I am assuming that the 4:3 display format is hard coded in the .exe and .q3. If this can be modded, I would love to know how.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version