Topic: SFC3: Rebalance Expansion 2.0 Released  (Read 7472 times)

yochenhsieh

SFC3: Rebalance Expansion 2.0 Released
« on: August 06, 2006, 09:10:03 pm »
Get it now at SFC3files!
http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/file/SFC3_Rebalance_Expansion;66996

Whole new damage textures made by me for all stock/mod ships and starbases!
Added missing Polaron-core texture maps!
Remove the shield rings, growing groups, and nebula ion clouds!
Enhanced explosion effect textures!
All canon ships resized to the scale of Ex-Astris-Scientia.org, including the Cube & Warbird!

Screenshots

yochenhsieh

SFC3: Rebalance Expansion 2.5.1 Released
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 05:34:48 am »
http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/file/SFC3_Rebalance_Expansion_Patch;74444

Features:
The notorious "Shield smaller than hull" bug eliminated.
- All ships' hull now completely enclosed in shields.
- All starbases now use B-Armor V. Their shields are removed.
- All listening posts, weapon platforms, asteroid bases, repair docks have upgraded armor, and shields removed.

Scimitar, Soulwolf, Bird of Death slightly made weaker, in case you meet them in SP Campaign and unable to win that mission.

The Borg campaign (not conquest) require you to collect 500 prestige to start first story mission. You may play some duty missions and refit your ship before play "A day in the life".

New Planet textures for all planets. (Special thanks to Fallen_Warrior for usage permission.)
Smoothed 24bit space backgrounds.
New texture for the "clouds" in nebulae.
New tractor beam texture.
Better atmosphere effect.
New Shield effect texture, RaceShieldFX disabled.
Re-enable growing groups.
Adjusted specularity values, most notably on Klingon, Romulan, and Ferengi ships.
Purple plasma leak changed to orange.
Remake some UI pics for the ships.

http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/file/SFC3_Rebalance_Expansion_Patch;74444

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
Re: SFC3: Rebalance Expansion 2.0 Released
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 07:15:00 pm »
Very impressive! I may have to load SFC3 back onto my comuter

Have you added any ships? Can you list the ships in the game?

yochenhsieh

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 08:56:33 pm »
Not many new ships in my mod... Actually, only four of them, and one is a shuttle:
Soulwolf -- Federation Battleship
Bird of Death -- Klingon Battleship
Norexan (Valdore) -- Romulan Dreadnought
Rakellian shuttle (Also used for Pirates)
The stock ships are mostly replaced with new models, or retextured by me. Click my signature to see the ship charts. ;)

The ships is only one part of a mod. In my mod you will see enhanced damage textures, retextured planets, improved texture effects, various spec and arc adjustments, and more. Though I don't have a Dynaverse3 server for you to playing online, I promise you will definitely have a different feel while playing SP campaign and skirmish.

Don't forget that you need to download and install v2.0 before using v2.5.1. :)

« Last Edit: January 03, 2007, 09:53:38 pm by You-Cheng Hsieh »

Offline Toast

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 04:52:28 pm »
Very nice man loaded sfc3 with the mod back up today I recommend folks load this one up it looks impressive. Cheng if you happen to be taking ship requests for later additions id like to see the rom ent bird of prey, rom kcr,and that klink ent raptor  ;D just askin, again bang up job +1 for you bro.

yochenhsieh

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 11:02:44 pm »
Thanks for your praise. I'm glad you like the mod.  :)

As for the ships request... I've got too many ship requests! lol I'll definitely add some ships in the next version. However, since personally I think SFC3 should be a TNG-only game. You probably won't see any Ent-era ships added into it... Hope you won't be disapointed....

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 11:26:34 pm »
Can you explain to me why you removed shields from Starbases?

One of the biggest problems with the game is that the Borg never had shields, which made them rediculously easy to capture.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

yochenhsieh

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2007, 01:41:57 am »
Can you explain to me why you removed shields from Starbases?

One of the biggest problems with the game is that the Borg never had shields, which made them rediculously easy to capture.
It's becuase the shape of shield in SFC3 does not suit starbases well. In order to make the whole starbases completely enclosed in shields, I have to make shield sizes very large for them. It's so large that you can hit and knock down the shields when you're still far far a way from a starbase, and that's one thing I don't want to see. If I just keep the shield size of starbases remain as is, it looks weird when you hit the shield, and some parts of the starbase is still "outside" of the shields.

I can understand your concern about capturing. I will increase the number of marines of Borg and starbases for balancing. In the mean time, if you have any suggestions for this issue, please do reply here. I want to know about different opinions.

Thanks.

Offline [ISC]Phaser

• Fleet Admiral
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • "Fire in the Bowl"
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2007, 06:25:21 am »
Very nice man loaded sfc3 with the mod back up today I recommend folks load this one up it looks impressive. Cheng if you happen to be taking ship requests for later additions id like to see the rom ent bird of prey, rom kcr,and that klink ent raptor  ;D just askin, again bang up job +1 for you bro.
Thanks for your praise. I'm glad you like the mod.  :)

As for the ships request... I've got too many ship requests! lol I'll definitely add some ships in the next version. However, since personally I think SFC3 should be a TNG-only game. You probably won't see any Ent-era ships added into it... Hope you won't be disapointed....

Let me know what ships you want in  "your game"  Toast i'll add them for ya!!

yochenhsieh

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2007, 06:10:43 am »
I should explain why I don't want to add too many ships in my mod...

First, my internet connection is not fast enough for me to upload large files. A 50 MB file usually take me 30 minutes to upload, sometimes it takes more. Therefore I would like to make the mod as small as possible, the best way to do it is not to add too many ships.

Second, I make all damage textures for every ship myself. Though personally I'm very proud of the damage textures I've created, it is a very time-comsuming and boring process. So I'd like to just take a rest for a few months and do something different.

Hope you can understand that.

Offline Toast

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2007, 09:23:34 am »
I bet you do have alot of requests for ships and I cant blame you a bit for taking a break quality vs quantity  yeah dont wanna overload it, you have the market cornered on the eye candy added IMHO I did add the hidden mines FX1 mod to add to the no shield rings feel for my own use kinda cool.
Let me know what ships you want in  "your game"  Toast I'll add them for ya!!
I have 4 picked out Phaser  ;D

yochenhsieh

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 09:55:26 pm »
SFC3: Rebalance Expansion switcher
http://starfleetcommand3.filefront.com/file/SFC3_Rebalance_Expansion_switcher;76676

Two self-extractors for switching between stock and mod.(shortcuts created on desktop.)
Increase marines for borg ships and all stations.
Rescale shuttles smaller.
Improved damage textures for the Cube.

Offline Toast

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2007, 01:35:57 am »
A few more ships dude i dled and poped in the trekmods Rom stormbird from battleclinic messin around a bit size wasnt right next to your ktinga but its a sweet looking ship http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/dock.php?start=350&r=romulan .