Topic: Discussion about Keldon....  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
Discussion about Keldon....
« on: August 01, 2006, 06:38:56 pm »
Ok, I have been discussing this design with some of my friends here and there....apparantly it was made because it was easy to add a few bits here and there and make a new ship. But a few important points were brought to my attention....

1) The keldon appeared in only one episode, and was used by the Obsidian order.

2) The keldon had cloaking capability.

During the conversation, the following comment was made..."the additions to the original Galor model were intended to set it apart, but could be interpreted as the additional systems needed for the cloak..."

I found this comment interesting, and started some research. I actually found that the ship appeared in two episodes, not one...Defiant and The Die is Cast. In both episodes, it is a ship operated by the Obsidian Order. The second episode shows the ship cloaking.

So, my contention would be this, with the Hendor I am working on. I added a Keldon-like module on the top, and remove it on lower versions of the ship (ill be posting pics shortly)...so I was thinking of creating three versions of the Hendor, all named differently. One version, the lightest version, is about the same size as the Galor, and is basically a more modern Galor replacement that is meant as a match for a Galaxy class. The second version was created due to the war with the Klingons, has wing extensions and the added module on the top, and can cloak. Finally, the third version has the extended warp engines. Each version adds more armor and phaser elements as well.

Comments welcome.
Never let your ego think or act for you..........me.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: Discussion about Keldon....
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 08:39:58 pm »
I think a special ops version (Obsidian Order) would be outstanding.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 11:00:05 pm »
there need to be some visual differences that seem practicle. We already have 4 sizes of bop and 3 very similar pvash, I'd watch how much you do this.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 12:34:06 am »
there need to be some visual differences that seem practicle. We already have 4 sizes of bop and 3 very similar pvash, I'd watch how much you do this.

Maybe the ones for the Obsidian order could have a darker feel to them....color wise. Ya know a paint scheme that sets them apart.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Raven Night

• Modeler
  • Lt.
  • Models - Textures
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 06:25:29 am »
Yea, after messing with the design for a while, I think I'm going to stick with only two versions, one with the extended warp nacelles and one without. The stripped version is way too much to do, and when I strip it it just doesnt look right...the tail is too long and the bottom and top modules look like they are in the wrong place. i still have to rebuild the ventral side of the hull, but basically the main part of the body is completed.
Never let your ego think or act for you..........me.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 10:18:09 am »
Agreed one regular, one special for the obsidian order.

Something like what Achilles does with his textures or different?

I'm not sure, Obviously it should have Obsidian Order markings on it. Maybe a darker overall hull (same standard cardie color just darker) and perhaps some different accents on the hull.

Offline MajorRacal

• Lt. Junior Grade
    • MajorRacal's Micro Shipyards
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 05:42:27 pm »
I don't think the hulls need to be a different shade just because they belong to the Obsidian Order (who weren't supposed to have warships in the first place)...  It would seem to make more sense (at least to me) that they would construct their fleet, covert or otherwise, to blend in with the legitimate fleet to negate suspicion and any direct link to clandestine activity.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 10:31:37 pm »
I don't think the hulls need to be a different shade just because they belong to the Obsidian Order (who weren't supposed to have warships in the first place)...  It would seem to make more sense (at least to me) that they would construct their fleet, covert or otherwise, to blend in with the legitimate fleet to negate suspicion and any direct link to clandestine activity.

Agreed but there's no eye candy in doing it that way  ;)