Topic: BattleMaster & Succession Wars  (Read 7009 times)

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
Re: BattleMaster & Succession Wars
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2006, 12:21:55 pm »
If I get it... and you need a ride somewhere.... let's talk price.... ;D
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 12:26:36 pm »
hehe...I've got plenty of JumpShips of my own, I've got three Overlord DropShips, with a Monolith to carry them.  ;D
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 12:28:23 pm »
If you have mechs for hire, the dropships will show up.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2006, 12:30:20 pm »
For those still looking...

http://www.successionwars.com/cin/viewtopic.php?p=11722#11722

This has a list of the TO&E's for the units....

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2006, 12:31:03 pm »
Wow.... this is sweet looking... reminds me of a game we once held back in the hayday of our table top games

I started playing Battletech after learning how to play SFB. Veteran players in our group were a bit stunned that a noob was kicking their arses and taking names.  :2gun:

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2006, 12:33:34 pm »
That is something I miss about the 90s...we were playing Table-Top BattleTech at least once a week...  then we all grew up and moved on...  :'(
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2006, 12:37:56 pm »
hehe...I've got plenty of JumpShips of my own, I've got three Overlord DropShips, with a Monolith to carry them.  ;D

Yeah, but I am looking for side profits as well....

I got 2 dropships (not sure of the type but probably Overlords by the weight and # of mechs they can carry) and 3 jumpships to carry them.... might as well have a jump ship or two earning money while the troops are sloughing thru the mud....

48 mechs, 12 aeromechs, and 24 vehicles round out my numbers....

Not a small unit... but not exactly large either...

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2006, 12:40:04 pm »
Actually...the 242nd Hussars...I have their roster here...somewhere...let me look through it for you.  ;D

Ok...I don't have it...must have been before I archived my PMs...

From what I remember, through contact with the player that had them before you (he moved on to a Marik Position IIRC) your DropShips are Excaliburs.  I don't remember if we talked about what your JumpShips are.

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2006, 12:50:58 pm »
Actually...the 242nd Hussars...I have their roster here...somewhere...let me look through it for you.  ;D

That would be great... love to know what everything actually is....

And remember... I will provide shipping for a fee... confidentiality guaranteed.... for a price....

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2006, 01:44:45 pm »

Ok...I don't have it...must have been before I archived my PMs...

From what I remember, through contact with the player that had them before you (he moved on to a Marik Position IIRC) your DropShips are Excaliburs.  I don't remember if we talked about what your JumpShips are.

Any idea how to contact him/her?

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2006, 01:54:50 pm »
He is still a mercenary, his command is the Narhal's Raiders.

There's two ways of doing this:  One you can contact him, his callsign is havoc, he may or may not have the information with him now.
Two: you can contact Mendrugo, he assigned all the forces in the game, and after you have been confirmed for the position by El Roy, he will give you your complete roster, which may be more detailed than the one havoc could provide you with.

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2006, 02:05:51 pm »
kewl

I will wait on Mendrugo for a bit

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2006, 08:51:12 am »
BTW, just wanted to say thanks for letting me know about this Battlemaster game... it is fun & rather addicting

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2006, 09:16:33 am »
Okay, once into the succession wars web site, how do I actually play?
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

• XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2006, 09:26:08 am »
Okay, once into the succession wars web site, how do I actually play?

Apparently, the game is not started yet... but I would like to also know that... I think it may be much like Battlemaster where you direct everything... where to go, when to go, what to do once you get there...  then the computer calculates winners and losers.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2006, 12:47:13 pm »
Aye...it is much like BattleMaster, although instead of turns being twice a day (as it is in BattleMaster) turns will be once a week. (one Game month)

The biggest hiccup to starting the game is the site developer, speck.  He spends nine months out of the year at school. (which is fine by me) but then when summer rolls along and he has three and a half months to work on it, he goes off to three conventions, each of which takes two weeks of prep (for him) and another week of time.  Leaving him with only six weeks here and there during the summer to actually DO anything with the game.  Every summer its the same thing, and its starting to get annoying.  However, Mendrugo (the game designer) has hit upon a solution that, if it works, will allow us to start WITHOUT speck, probably by October.

Offline Father Ted

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2006, 04:37:43 pm »
However, Mendrugo (the game designer) has hit upon a solution that, if it works, will allow us to start WITHOUT speck, probably by October.

Can he fix the login section? I'm still saddled with a bizarre alpha-numeric password that I'd love to change to something I can remember, or even better, make it remember me after I login once.

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2006, 08:40:33 pm »
You should be able to change your password by going to the profile link at the top of the screen.  It will ask you for your old password and then get you to confirm your new password twice.

Offline Father Ted

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2006, 08:08:19 am »
Oops, I was referring to the Battlemaster login. My bad.

BTW, Bear, they updated the faction list, apparently last night. We both got our first choice. ;)

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2006, 10:56:23 am »
Not sure on that one... I think you can do it via Edit Data...

For whatever reason the web site has an aversion to IE,  Firefox will remember your password if you want it to.