Topic: Webmap Accounts Explained.  (Read 994 times)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Webmap Accounts Explained.
« on: July 18, 2006, 09:09:32 am »
To use the features like the webyards, transfers and wormholes on the webmap (or the upcoming new Online Campaign Interface (OCI) ;)):

It is really a pretty simple matter...

Lets say JohnDoe has a Dynaverse.net forums account with an email address example@example.com and wants to play on a server that uses a webmap or OCI.

JohnDoe need only create a Gamespy Arcade account that uses the identical email address example@example.com (case of all characters must match as well).

Then JohnDoe then logs on to the Dynaverse with that GSA account and creates a character on the server in question.

Then JohnDoe is then free to use the active webmap features because the emails for the accounts match. He need only be logged in on the forums or login on the webmap (OCI) when prompted.

The transfers feature of the webmap will then allow the character to change races - eliminating the need for multiple accounts on the server and alloing a single forums/GSA account to work across multiple races on a Dynaverse server.

I do it this way so that I can use the forums login authentication (I do not have access to the GSA auth servers, though I have tried to find the info in StarfleetOP.exe with my trusty hex editor...;)). Also this will allow me to associate player stats with forums accounts for possible further integration with the forums.

I cannot really use just the GSA info as I cannot access their auth servers (easliy - perhaps if I have another look at the outdated GSA API I might be able to - they will not provide us the latest one...) and using just the charactername and gsa email as I have done in the past would potentially allow others to login to the webmap on your account and mess with your character.

Clear as mud? Its really not that complcated. Please ask here if you have any questions or suggestions.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 09:30:43 am by Bonk »