Topic: Pity the Fool who doesn't watch my new show.  (Read 1620 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Pity the Fool who doesn't watch my new show.
« on: May 04, 2006, 10:23:19 am »
http://www.tv.com/story/story.html&story_id=630

Everyone's favorite Mohawk-sporting bodyguard will share his wisdom in a TV Land reality pilot with the working title of I Pity the Fool.

Former A-Team star Mr. T has signed a deal with TV Land to appear in I Pity the Fool, a reality pilot produced by Lions Gate Television, the network said yesterday.

The show, which is set to begin production in October, will showcase Mr. T's sensitive side as he offers help to fans in need of a little personal coaching. The muscle-bound actor will let his trademark personality shine as he takes on the role of a "motivational guru" who helps people improve their personal or professional lives. Mr. T will blend anecdotes from his own life--perhaps touching on his impoverished childhood and his battle with T-cell lymphoma--with self-improvement concepts such as "teamwork" and "determination" as he becomes what the network calls a "catalyst for change."

TV Land executive Sal Maniaci stated, "We are very excited to work with Mr. T and Lions Gate on I Pity the Fool. By putting Mr. T in an unfamiliar environment, viewers will have the experience of seeing him back up his famous words and attitude with concrete actions."

"We believe Mr. T's larger-than-life personality, disarming style, and unique perspective on life will be a breath of fresh air in reality television," added Lions Gate programming and production president Kevin Beggs. "TV Land has shared our enthusiasm about this project from the beginning, and we're delighted to be in business with the network."

Mr. T, born Laurence Tureaud, has guest-starred in shows like The Simpsons and Saturday Night Live, has appeared in films such as Not Another Teen Movie and Rocky III, and has partnered with Hulk Hogan in the WWF's WrestleMania franchise.

----------------------------------------------

I wonder If they will let him have a chainsaw on the set?

stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Re: Pity the Fool who doesn't watch my new show.
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 07:21:54 pm »
Lol, that will be a hoot!

762_XC

Re: Pity the Fool who doesn't watch my new show.
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 11:57:00 pm »
Oh noes.