Topic: Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars  (Read 1698 times)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars
« on: May 23, 2006, 07:58:37 am »
Did anybody see it last night? What did you think?

Overall I enjoyed it, though the cheese got a bit stringy in places, but the dry humour made up for it.

I quite liked the real technological issue it explored, a favorite axe of mine to grind, though I have pretty much ground that axe down to the heel, even to the point of grinding my fingers half off on the stone...

I was also fascinated by the two references to "Sleestaks", which took me off-guard. It looks like I was not the only one with an obsessive fear of the Sleestaks as a child: http://www.circa1973.net/bossanova/?p=469

The four hour extravaganza also explains why the last Stargate season was ridiculously short (like six shows was it?). It looks like Browder and Black were otherwise quite occupied with their first love.

The space battles and effects were awesome, I loved the ships. I was thinking SFC mods the whole time, lol. There was a bit too much repetitive ground battle action for my taste though, more glorious space battles would have been nice, but I suppose the tired old Miami-Vice style ground battle scenes are a lot easier on a production's budget.

Who was our big Farscape fan here? 3dot14? Or was it Strafer?

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Farscape: The Peacekeeper Wars
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 10:29:40 am »
It's funny, I never Really cared for the few episodes I saw, but when I saw The PeaceKeeper wars, I realized what I had been missing out on. So know, I'm trying to catch re-runs again.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War