Topic: Hi-res video demo of Legacy  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
Hi-res video demo of Legacy
« on: May 21, 2006, 11:23:01 am »
From TG Daily

That Sovereign looks like P81's.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
Re: Hi-res video demo of Legacy
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 01:22:38 pm »
It also looked like from a screenshot or two before that his Galaxy-class was used (I identified his model by his deflector dish in a screenshot).  I hope you're not implying that it was a bad idea or that you forgot he contributed from the game as an article or two you linked to stated.  You also pointed out his Constitution-class was used. (I think most Fed TMP ships there has at least a hint of Rick Knox if not the styling of textures and polygons was not done in his signature style that made his models popular and often kitbashed in the SFC community.)

As I type, I'm watching the video.  The beginning (save the fifteen or so seconds for that little intro) shows the intro to the TWOK scenario, and I think we've seen most of this in a previous video, although nice to see the gameplay in such quality.  Although now they've got the Big-E firing aft torpedoes at the Reliant?  I know they have aft phasers...  I guess its to balance things, though it reminded me of my pondering of the classification of the Miranda-class...  Although the phaser firing from the Big-E needs work since the pulses seem to dissapear when the phaser fire stops...

Although I think the textures on the Sovereign-class need an upgrade or two.  But one thing I noticed for the graphics is that the name and registry number marks looks quite off in terms of accuracy (yet they have P81's models, which had pretty good name and registry marks, at least as far as how he made 'em when he made the models for SFC)...  And I thought the Tactical Cube was from Voyager, not something purely by Mad Doc?

The gameplay looks alright though, not bad.  But ultimately we've seen little new considering what we've seen before in previous videos, although this one has a clearer view.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2006, 01:35:35 pm by Chris Johnson »

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 01:31:33 pm »
Only that it hadn't looked like his Sovereign in other images and clips, though this is the first time we got that good of a look at it.  Obviously they aren't using all of his ships, since he hardly made anything other than Federation ships, save for a Klingon vessel or two.

As for the registry, I'm wondering if there could be some kind of instant registry thing at work here, such as entering your ship's name and number in a screen and a quick-and-dirty texture is applied to the ingame model.  But, the evidence against that is even though the 1701-E was labeled as such, the on-screen display identified it as the U.S.S. Syracuse.

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 01:34:38 pm »
It would be nice to have an instant name and registry thing (if they could make it look good at least).  I almost thought that was the case in SFA when I typed up "USS Agincourt" or "USS Musashi" when I used a Constitution-class online in a multiplayer game of SFA.  In any case, I'm pretty sure you're right.

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 01:41:47 pm »
Well, we've seen names applied to the back of jerseys in sports games and on body armor in games like SWAT 4; what's to stop something like that here?

Offline Chris Johnson

• Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 01:52:32 pm »
*shrug* Well, I never played sports games or SWAT4... I just hope someone can feed this suggestion into Mad Doc Software.

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 02:04:50 pm »
That looks very much like an arcarde game. Fun, but not as good as SFC.

I wish we could have SFC4 with the Andros.

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 02:16:00 am »
I don't know why anyone would assume the Legacy game would really be anything like SFC (tactical assault I can see it's similarities).  Legacy is more of a strategy type game from what I've been gathering, with the nice little trick that you can go down and micromanage individual ships if you so desire.  But overall, it's still a strategy game.

The Graphics are looking great however, I might add.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.