Topic: New Legacy preview reveals plot details and battle scenarios  (Read 1121 times)

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
From Gamesfirst

Legacy promises a number of these classic battles. Mentioned were the massacres at Khitomer and Wolf 359. Both battles have merely been referenced in the series (although some of Wolf 359 can be glimpsed and the resulting carnage is a sight remembered well by Trek fans). Now will fans not only be able to finally see these events but take part in them as well. It will be interesting to see how these play out since they are both massacres. To play through the traditional viewpoint, or the "good-guys", you have to either alter Star Trek canon or eventually be massacred. It isn't often that you are slaughtered after a successful campaign in a game. Not that it couldn't be done well. Or, on the other hand, you would have to play as the "villains". As much as I am dying to play as the Borg I am not so sure this instance would be the best. I'm not sure how many fans would like to be responsible for killing Captain Sisko's wife and leaving his son motherless at Wolf 359. It will be interesting to see what they do in those instances and to see what other classic scenarios Mad Doc has come up with.

Experiencing Trek battle that were only hinted at might be worth the price of admission.

Legacy will have an all new storyline developed by writers from the series (although they wouldn't give names just yet). It will span all of the series but it is promised not to contain any time travel. It will unfold as Picard pieces together a key mystery. The producer I spoke with was leery of giving too many story details but when pressed he revealed that it would have to do with Regeneration, an Enterprise episode which features the Borg tussling with Archer's Enterprise many years before Picard's first meeting the Biomechanical menace.

"It centers around a character who has been around for a while. She has lived for a very long time."

"She?" I asked, putting the two story details together in my head. He only replied with a smile and a wink.

"Who is Guinan, Alex?"

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline IndyShark

• Last Knight Standing of the late, great KNF, Member GDA
  • Lt. Commander
  • Heghlu'meH QaQ jajvam
Re: New Legacy preview reveals plot details and battle scenarios
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 12:27:57 pm »
Good post Rat Boy. Thanks

I hope this is a good game othewise it will be a long time before we get another Star Trek game.....