Topic: Players running firewalls will have their IP banned  (Read 5073 times)

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
Re: Players running firewalls will have their IP banned
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2006, 10:10:37 pm »
indirect thankyou.

Nah. That's like a back-handed compliment. It's self serving to login, play and post kills. Saying thank you is on a whole 'nuther level.

Offline likkerpig

• Commander
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2006, 10:37:40 pm »
indirect thankyou.

Nah. That's like a back-handed compliment. It's self serving to login, play and post kills. Saying thank you is on a whole 'nuther level.

Alright... the heaps of praise you have gotten for what you have done haven't been enough.
I guess we failed.
Eh, old game, one less die hard won't matter.
You apparently want people to give more thanks than they were willing.
Apparerently they won't live up to your level of thanks-giving.
So why not end the pity party and f*ck off?
That is what I'm going to do, now that it has come to this level.
Good luck on getting others to smoke your pole in order to get a server.

"Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby."

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2006, 11:26:06 pm »
indirect thankyou.

Alright... the heaps of praise you have gotten for what you have done haven't been enough.
I guess we failed.
Eh, old game, one less die hard won't matter.
You apparently want people to give more thanks than they were willing.
Apparerently they won't live up to your level of thanks-giving.
So why not end the pity party and f*ck off?
That is what I'm going to do, now that it has come to this level.
Good luck on getting others to smoke your pole in order to get a server.

Not that I'd ever want to be cast in the defending Dizzy role ~ although he can usually do that himself well enough
Sides I think Dizzy and Lepton just dislike each other enough to completely overreact to anything involving the other.

But-yeah running a server can be a bitch, yes you (and others of course) have sent notes saying thanks, and yes it's cool to read about the PVP
battles that people had and enjoyed on your server.-Although I'm with Dizzy on this one, I post log on ,fight PVP and post kills to
amuse myself-not to say thanks to as server admin.
 But really- the negative comments and emails can really outweigh the positive ones easily.
The litany that you can get range from "this doesn't work, here's a suggestion.." which are OK (imo) to "this is stupid, I'm never playing again" which I'd really like to be able to say FU, have fun- instead I've tended to try and send notes back to them trying to keep people around.
Dizzy's run them for alt longer than I have, I'm sure he's better at dealing with the negative , but it's still gotta add up.
I mean how may people still play the game? maybe 200 at most? (and that's stretching it).
For this the number of people we have do servers are
-Bonk
-Dizzy
-Jeff's
-Burt's
-DH
-Me

I know I'm probably missing a few but still..
Bonk is great and easily the most important member of the community , but his servers are really set up for long term and not the
fast and furious one's that people seem to prefer
Jeff and Burt both (imo) run fantastic servers, but they only do about one a year between them (if that)
I've got a million ideas (all genius of course) but am clueless about the tech side of things, so I need a techie to do anything
DH seems to be missing in action, and I think was kinda tired of the bitching that goes on about servers anyway

Kinda leaves Dizzy who keeps coming back for more on a semi-regular basis

Yeah I think he's entitled to do what he wants.

As for the firewall thing- it's actually originally as far as I know Bonk's idea, I was on a server when he kept coming on TS ranting about people turning them off
Some of us did- and the connections improved.
Remember if you drop from a mission you're not only affecting yourself, you're affecting up to 5 other people as well.
If software firewalls are casuing the issue I say ban people until they turn them off

Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2006, 02:06:49 am »
Holy crap, I did not expect this to go downhill so fast, this is a technical issue people sheesh!

Thread locked. (subject to review)

And after I made such an excellent explantion post about firewalls too...
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 02:17:33 am by Bonk »

762_XC

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2006, 03:08:35 pm »
Lepton and likker,

:carmen: