Topic: If Only...  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
If Only...
« on: April 19, 2006, 09:15:09 pm »
" As you were... I'll make this as simple as possible. The Klingon Empire has roughly 50 years of life  left to it."
  " For full details, I am turning the briefing over to our special Federation Envoy.."

" Good morning. Two months ago a Federation starship monitored an explosion on the Klingon moon Praxis. We believe it was caused
  by overmining and insufficent safety precautions. The moon's decimation means an almost eighty percent loss of available energy and
  a deadly pollution of their ozone. They will have depleted their supply of oxygen in less than half a century. Due to their enormous military
  budget, the Klingon economy does not have the resources with which to combat this catastrophe. Last  month, at the behest of the Vulcan Ambassador,
  I opened a dialogue with Gorkon, Chancellor of the Klingon high council. He proposes to commence negotiations at once. "

" Negotiations for what?"

" The dismantling of our space stations and star bases along the Neutral Zone. An end to seventy years of unremitting hostility,which the Klingons can no longer
   afford. If the Klingons sue for peace, we could accumulate savings in defense expenditures, leaving the Federation ecomony free to grapple with urgent social problems"

" Bill, are we talking about mothballing Starfleet?"

" I'm sure our exploration and science programs would not be  affected, but the facts speak for themselves, Captain".

And on 5 seperate worlds, intelligence operatives looked at each other and smiled...

While working out a rough draft for Katfight (or wahtver I'm calling it) popped the ol STVI in the DVD player. With Start Trek writing at it's finest (seriously, has anyone tried to go back to watching TNG after BSG/Firefly etc? Horrible ,horrible stuff) . And noticed this. Imagine a Universe where this had taken place, Starfleet and te Klingon Navy both mothballed most of their military might. Ignoring reports of the so called minor powers pouring money into new technologies. Ignoring pleas from allies to keep up some semblance of strength. After all.. even with the reduced fleets who would dare challenge the big 2?

Less than a year later the first Kzin and Hydran ships cross into Klingon space. Less than a week after this Kzin raiders atrike into Federation space. At the same time Romulan ships move into the Federation, with the Gorn/Romulan Border so heavily fortified with the new PF's both sides have developed the Gorn have no choice but to reluctantly move into the Federation to oppose the Romulans.
Soon after the Lyran move into Klingon space to secure resources and territory before either of their enemies can do so. 

- The most oft referreed to problem we have with servers seems to be that A) There aren't enough Feds and B) The Klinks have the largest group of players left.
So- would anyone be interested in playing on a server with the 5 minor races fighting over the territory of the big 2?

Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Bartok

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: If Only...
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 10:15:59 pm »
YES -

I like your premise.  While I've historically flown Klingon, a server where "the big 2" are out of the running (it sounds like they might not be "playable"?)

Neat - a welcome change, now, do I fly Mirak, Gorn or Hyrdan.... hmmmm

cheers

Offline likkerpig

• Commander
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 10:36:56 pm »
Heh, everyone knew the feds and klinks were (more than) kissing cousins...
Why is it a suprise that the fed communism spread to the klinkon empire? Sheesh, either that or herpes was gonna bring it down...
"Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby."

Offline Riskyllama

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt.
  • Risky
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 10:41:15 pm »
and the ISC?
Everything is sweetened by risk. ~Alexander Smith

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 11:41:33 pm »
Very interesting idea. 

Offline likkerpig

• Commander
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 12:22:14 am »
and the ISC?

I dunno...hung around for sloppy seconds or cleanup or something like that... frogs like slime, enough for most of us to know...
"Atheism is a religion like not collecting stamps is a hobby."

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 04:14:20 am »
Originally, this was my idea that I LOANED to hexx... Erh herm, now... Let's see. Yes, my brilliant idea also was to have the K+F's FYA for all their ships pushed back about 7 years... to represent their technological stagnation due to the peace and mothballed fleets, etc... Make it real interesting in pvp, muhahahaha.

Or did I sell Hexx this idea...? I'll have to look into this some more... But it is a truly brilliant concept.

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2006, 03:19:19 pm »
Originally, this was my idea that I LOANED to hexx... Erh herm, now... Let's see. Yes, my brilliant idea also was to have the K+F's FYA for all their ships pushed back about 7 years... to represent their technological stagnation due to the peace and mothballed fleets, etc... Make it real interesting in pvp, muhahahaha.

Or did I sell Hexx this idea...? I'll have to look into this some more... But it is a truly brilliant concept.

??

Please, the last discussion I remember having with you was as to why you haven't done Mia Kirshner as a Slave Girl yet.. yes just watched
"Not Another Teen Movie" again..what a classic.. and her dressed in that school girl outfit...mmmmmm...now where was I??..
Ah yes
School Girl outifts..
No wait.. wrong site

Anyway server would basically have the 5 minor powers as playable races, Feds & Klinks wouldn't be, and the ISC is too busy doing whatver it is they do at the far end of the Galaxy.
Home territory of each of the races would likley be inviolate, or at the very least extremely high DV throughout, the idea is to be conquering
Fed/Klink territory rather than fighting through the fixed defences your enemies have had years to build up.
Each race would (if it works..dunno if I've ever gotten a straight answer) on their own, with their own racial VP's based on whatver pseudo-historic
policies I'd think they have. Most of a races VP's would be based in their main opponents territory (ter.. that doesn't look right)
Hydrans would be in Klingon space, Kzin would have in both, Roms in Fed space, Gorn and Lyrans would receive points for "protecting" Fed/Klink space respectively.
That being said there's really nothing to stop the Lyrans from conquering Earth so..

Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2006, 03:35:55 pm »
Did I misread it? The klinks and feds are playable vs the other 5 minor races? If so I'd definitely play it. Sounds very cool.