Topic: New SFC-like game coming to PSP and Nintendo DS  (Read 5308 times)

Offline FPF-AJTK

• You make it to the second commercial if your a
  • Lt.
  • Founding Member of the BLUE PLAGUE
Re: New SFC-like game coming to PSP and Nintendo DS
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2006, 05:40:16 pm »
Yes, the PSP has horrid loading times, no doubt. However, I can play BattleFront2 all week with no problems. I do have a car charger that i can stick it with when it goes low. Id have to say a KEY factor in the reason the DS would outsell the PSP?

DS is what, $100-150? PSP is $250. If your getting it only for games, and have no desire to use the other stuff, why pay the extra Benjamin? If however, you want a system that is basically a handheld pc, and is bios upgradeable, there is only one choice.
RE-VER-SE: To move backwards, retrograde; movement that is not forward in nature.

[img]http://pages.sbcglobal.net/wanderer/_uimages/AJTK.jpg

Offline Ferretlxix_XC

• Methane Breathing Weasel Capt. & Halo/RvB fanatic
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
  • Hydran Capt Xeno Corp, XC clan overlord Halo 2
Re: New SFC-like game coming to PSP and Nintendo DS
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2006, 07:28:24 pm »
I read about this earlier on a Game informer mag.  I like the DS and it's potential because the Big N likes to do different things with their games instead of the same ol' re-hash of genres thrown into our faces (Here's something that's completely different, another shooter but with more guns and matrix like effects!!  Oh wow!). 

Right now my wife (Alienlxix) is getting the boys a couple of the Mario cart edition DSs for their upcoming B-days and I'll probably get one for her since she is an Animal Crossing addict.  Since they'll have one each, I'll probably get one to for the Advance wars, Star Trek Tactical Assault, and the upcoming Mech Warrior game.  There are probably a few others Maybe Lunar but, those are the main reasons for me to get one.

I think the PSP just feel like a really cheaply built over priced Piece of crap for what they are offereing.  For it's mission, I'd rather have a more flexible (but more expensive) Laptop.