Topic: Civilization IV  (Read 20986 times)

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
Re: Civilization IV
« Reply #120 on: March 20, 2006, 09:08:22 pm »
Yeah, I've been hearing about the Civ 4 Warlords expansion for a couple of days now.  I'm not planning on buying it right away either.  After seeing how they handled the Civ III expansions, I think waiting is the prudent thing to do.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #121 on: March 21, 2006, 07:35:30 am »
Has anyone tried the "Mods" that came with the game?  I'm 45 turns from finishing the Greek World mod, and holy crap, it's hard on settler.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #122 on: March 21, 2006, 09:26:44 am »
The only one I've tried so far is the North African Scenario, as the Germans.  Its a walk in the park on Noble.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #123 on: March 21, 2006, 09:29:25 am »
The Greek World One, staring about 200 AD, a stack of 8-10 units of barbarians will just appear next to one of your towns.. sometimes in 3-4 places at once.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #124 on: March 21, 2006, 09:32:16 am »
I've been playing the 'Ice Age' scenario.  A lot.  It, however, is really just a slightly different Earth map.

I fiddled around with the American Revolution one some though.  It was rather cool.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #125 on: March 21, 2006, 09:48:34 am »
I've done the Ice Age Scenario a couple of times.  It struck me as odd that I could walk from Austrailia to France, but other than that its pretty good.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #126 on: March 21, 2006, 10:47:09 am »
Well with so much water frozen sea levels were supposedly a lot lower.

Be neat if stuff started melting in that one...suck if that happened and you had a nice, big city right where the Straights of Gibraltar were going to be.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
Civ IV 1.61 Patch Released!
« Reply #127 on: April 14, 2006, 06:14:55 pm »
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=166928

Some of the more notable changes: Multiplayer fixes. Financial trait toned down. Chopping toned down. SDI Fix.