Topic: Weapons question  (Read 1269 times)

Offline hokus83

• Lt. Junior Grade
Weapons question
« on: March 26, 2006, 05:18:21 pm »
Is it possible to be able to use AMD/ADD on lager ships other than small fighters and missals? Also the hidden OptW weapon in the game is there any way to make it work by adding a texture file or just adding it properly in the Spec file

is there anyway to add weapons from SFC3 to SFC2OP, I am also wondering if all the weapons from SFC2OP are in SFC3 since the textures seem to be in folder that came with the game.

3. are there any hidden weapons beside the DROD, TRBL/H and DROM that work

i have have dubble posted or posted in the wrong form sorry i am new

Offline Overmind

• Borg Collective
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • « Resistance is Futile »
    • http://overmind.50megs.com
Re: Weapons question
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 02:29:30 am »
Weapons are hard-coded. You can't add more.
Individuality is irrelevant. Self-determination is irrelevant. Negotiation is irrelevant.
Termination is inevitable. Assimilation is inevitable. The End is inevitable.
Fun is illogical. Confort is illogical. Recreation is illogical.
The Standard is inefficient. Peace is inefficient. Diplomacy is inefficient.
Emotion is a design flaw. The Reality is Unreal. The Truth is classified.

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2006, 03:43:33 am »
1. Because SFC OP is based on SFB, the AMD's are based on ADD's of SFB.  ADD's were strictly designed to destroy fighters and missile/drones, they just don't have the "punch" to really damage ships of size class 5 or larger.  As a matter of fact, if I'm not mistaken, I thought I read once in SFB that explained ADD's as actually advanced forms of cannons that fire projectiles, but It has been a long time and I may be wrong on this.

2.  I highly doubt it.  I have notice this aswell, and Activision/Taldern might have thought about adding in code to allow this, but to my knowlege I have not seen any SFC OP weapons in SFC3 or vis versa.

3.  I thought I might have heard one more weapon/feature, but its been so long now, I can't remember.  Not too many people talk about this with OP anymore.
"I sure am glad I like SFB!" - Magnum357 (me)

Offline hokus83

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 02:57:09 pm »
darn