Topic: Anyone watch the Shield?  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Anyone watch the Shield?
« on: March 18, 2006, 06:59:37 pm »
Just curious if I caught that right, that the season finale is this week. I just doesn't seem that the season should be over this soon.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
Re: Anyone watch the Shield?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 01:23:10 pm »
"Battlestar Galactica" ended it's season last week. Cable runs on a different schedule than network shows.

As it is, I've never been able to get into "The Shield". The characters are all hard-edged without any sympathy that would make one "root" for them.

BSG and "24" have people that you like(who can't help but adore Chloe?), and want to succeed. That's why they do well and "The Shield" sort of rots in obscurity. The morning DJ's I listen to love the show, but I can't make the connection. "Rescue Me", if it ever comes back, is a much better, and a lot funnier, show.

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline Iceman

• 1st Lieutenant
  • Lt.
Re: Anyone watch the Shield?
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 06:08:46 pm »
I like the Shield, and Rescue Me was amazing while it was on. I think in the Shield you're just forced to look into the characters a lot more to find that soft spot.
I believe this belongs to you. -Commander Sheehan to Imperial Captain Smithy
"Wedge, it's amazing how deceptive you can be without actually lying." -Tycho Celchu