Topic: Spidey 3 is Black.  (Read 8665 times)

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
Re: Spidey 3 is Black.
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2006, 12:02:45 am »
Unless they plan to completely reverse the rolls, kill MJ, and have Gwen be the one who comforts Peter later.   :o  OK, that would have impact.

Yeah, it would bugger up the entire franchise and turn an old comic fan COMPLETELY from any future movies.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2006, 07:17:30 pm »
If that picture were accurate I would be wondering if they were going to try and insert the Gwen Stacy storyline.

Well, it looks like Gwen Stacy is in this next Spidey flick, played by Bryce Dallas Howard.

Dang I'm good.   
 :dance:
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Commander La'ra

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2006, 08:43:22 pm »
Thanks but no.

'Gwendy' was a fricking prude.

MJ is fun and sexy.

They should have stuck with MJ; how in hell they gonna work Gwen into the storyline now? ::)

As a woman who Peter potential loves as much or more than MJ?  They'll have to be more 'adult' with it than the comics were about his relationships, but that could be a good thing.

I agree with you, though.  MJ is a much more compelling character.
"Dialogue from a play, Hamlet to Horatio: 'There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy.' Dialogue from a play written long before men took to the sky. There are more things in heaven and earth, and in the sky, than perhaps can be dreamt of. And somewhere in between heaven, the sky, the earth, lies the Twilight Zone."
                                                                 ---------Rod Serling, The Last Flight

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • No Replacement For Displacement
« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2006, 01:57:31 pm »
Unless they plan to completely reverse the rolls, kill MJ, and have Gwen be the one who comforts Peter later.   Shocked  OK, that would have impact.

And then Pete wakes up one morning two years "later" to find MJ in the shower.

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2006, 02:32:53 pm »
good god, i was just about to start a tirade... thankfully its just the suit :p
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2006, 09:14:47 am »
Unless they plan to completely reverse the rolls, kill MJ, and have Gwen be the one who comforts Peter later.   Shocked  OK, that would have impact.

I hear they've hired Patrick Duffy to take over the role of Uncle Ben in Spiderman IV. ;)
-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2006, 11:30:04 am »
Spidey vs. The Man from Atlantis!  Yeah! ;)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2006, 07:24:19 pm »

Spiderman apparently now has the memories of an alternate reality where he married Gwen Stacey and raised a family.
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • No Replacement For Displacement
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2006, 04:26:26 am »
Spiderman apparently now has the memories of an alternate reality where he married Gwen Stacey and raised a family.

I'd forgotten about that! 

...oh dear god...I'm giving them ideas aren't I?

Ratner doesn't go here...does he?

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2006, 09:16:51 am »
Link to article

Future applications could include an adhesive to repair aircraft, skin grafts or even a Spiderman-style suit.

New suit for Spiderman 4?

Do we really want Spiderman suits that work?  Burglaries get a lot easier when you can stroll up the wall to the lesser protected upper stories.