Topic: Does CBS own Trek now??  (Read 2860 times)

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
Does CBS own Trek now??
« on: February 17, 2006, 06:32:31 pm »
Bethesda Software had to get license from CBS to make the forthcoming games, so does that mean that CBS now owns Trek and no longer Paramount?  Similarly, is this part of the reason Enterprise went bye-bye on UPN and that one of those guys Braga I think got the gig at CBS to do that Threshold show??

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Sten

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Does CBS own Trek now??
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2006, 10:17:21 pm »
Viacom owns both CBS and UPN.

Since UPN and the WB will be going bye bye and merging this year who knows who owns what.

Offline Midnight Tech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Tech Support Forum..."We are offering free computer support for everyone"
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2006, 10:27:31 pm »
They did a little reorganize,reshuffle, and divesting and that division is now known as CBS Corporation .  Part of this "messing" includes selling off the Paramount Parks...so enjoy your 2006 season passes!
For computer problems, check out Tech Support Forum!

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2006, 12:32:07 pm »
It's Interesting you mentioned this. My son bought the wife some John Wayne movies for her Birthday, and I noticed the same Packaging on two as being CBS and the other Being Paramount. Leptons question was one of those Deja vue moments.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2006, 01:57:32 pm »
This would be CBS's golden opportunity to redeem itself for the huge blunder of passing on the Star Trek pilot when it was first offered to them, since of course Desilu was working with CBS.  Time for a new Trek show, CBS.  You owe us.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 02:42:34 pm »
I wouldn't say they owe us.  But considering that they nolonger have the contingent of morons they used to, CBS could do much better than UPN did in regards to ratings.  However, they might have to can one of the CSI shows.  Somehow I don't see that happening.
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline Darth Sidious

• Lt.
  • One Winged Angel
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2006, 02:51:46 pm »
I wouldn't say they owe us.  But considering that they nolonger have the contingent of morons they used to, CBS could do much better than UPN did in regards to ratings.  However, they might have to can one of the CSI shows.  Somehow I don't see that happening.

Nah, just another spinoff:

CSI: Federation
 ::)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2006, 03:05:07 pm »

In this Episode, A Trill is seperated from It's host, In a sleasy bar on Risa.

Next week, a Murder at Rura Pentha.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2006, 12:44:25 am »

In this Episode, A Trill is seperated from It's host, In a sleasy bar on Risa.

Next week, a Murder at Rura Pentha.

Stephen

You know, I think they could pull that off...  look at Star Trek VI!
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.