Topic: Neverwinter Nights  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Neverwinter Nights
« on: February 10, 2006, 10:51:35 am »
I purchased and downloaded the 3 "Premium Modules" last evening and started playing Kingmaker.  Thus far, it's worth the very small fee (I think $22 for all 3). 

The only annoying feature is the way it checks with Bioware every time you launch.. or load a saved game, to validate your CD key on the add-on module.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Re: Neverwinter Nights
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 10:55:54 am »
Shoot I picked up NWN Diamond awhile back for $20.00. It doesn't do the internet check with the cd in the drive. But yeah the games are pretty cool. I liked that Flaming guy , He was one of my first picks in the game.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 11:39:58 am »
I'm hinking about buying the CD for Kingmaker now that I've beaten all the other modules for NWN with my Cleric/Rouge.

I can't wait for NWN2 to come out. Have they said anything else about the timetable for it yet?
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 11:52:50 am »
I know It's def. after March when Oblivian comes out, I'm thinking a late Summer early Fall game. man talk about Memories, back when NWN, Dungeon Siege, and Morrowind all came out within a small amount of time of each other. I've actually been thinking about doing a small dyna team when It hits the shelves to Put some old classic games together. Heh, I still have the old list of people who agreed I could Lampoon them on the old Taldren boards.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 02:54:35 pm »
I'm hinking about buying the CD for Kingmaker now that I've beaten all the other modules for NWN with my Cleric/Rouge.

I can't wait for NWN2 to come out. Have they said anything else about the timetable for it yet?

The last time I heard, they were talking about sometime in the first half of the year, that's been a while though and may have been pushed back.  I can't wait for NWN 2 myself, I hope the multiplayer is a lot better this time around.

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2006, 11:55:08 am »
There's a new trailer floating around for NWN2 that says "Spring 2006."  Considering how Atari's been in dire financial straights recently, it's possible that they're holding off on websites and advertising until its closer to release time.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • No Replacement For Displacement
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2006, 12:00:47 pm »
I uninstalled NWN from my PC (still have the cds and keys in case I want to reinstall.)  Could never find a late TNG uniform for it (hey, they've already got Elfs, Ewoks, Lightsabers, Stargates, and Orcs.  What's a little more geekyness gonna hurt?)

Wouldn't mind playing it if I could find some people from Dynaverse online.

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2006, 04:59:20 pm »
I uninstalled NWN from my PC (still have the cds and keys in case I want to reinstall.)  Could never find a late TNG uniform for it (hey, they've already got Elfs, Ewoks, Lightsabers, Stargates, and Orcs.  What's a little more geekyness gonna hurt?)

Wouldn't mind playing it if I could find some people from Dynaverse online.

I've even seen Halo's Master Chief.  I deleted most of the extra stuff since I don't play that game anymore, but I still have the core CD's.

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2006, 12:58:24 am »
"Seen" being the operative word for me.  I downloaded the MC Override/hak and it kept crashing the toolset everytime I tried assembling it.  My PC isn't that great.

Offline AcePylut

• Captain
  • Bear Down, Chicago Bears
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2006, 03:25:09 pm »
Why don't you stop messing around with the single player campaigns, and hop onto multiplayer.

Go to Persistant World Action, and head to The Three Towns server,

I play online there, as does Voidwar, SFCJB, and a couple others.
If you care about the environment, it's better to eat a Salad in a Hummer than a Cheeseburger in a Prius.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2006, 03:27:08 pm »
Why don't you stop messing around with the single player campaigns, and hop onto multiplayer.

Go to Persistant World Action, and head to The Three Towns server,

I play online there, as does Voidwar, SFCJB, and a couple others.

You know what, I think I just may do that!
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline AcePylut

• Captain
  • Bear Down, Chicago Bears
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2006, 04:30:53 pm »
Funny enough, there's a player on there that took the name "Dracho Oberon", and wondered if it was maybe you.

I was thinking of Dynaverse... and you and that dude called "oberon" with the big green frog signature.

Anyhow, I play late at nite, 9PM Central Time onward, on Server A, the mans server... not server B, the server for the wussies that can't handle themselves in a fight.

I have a number of Chars to look up:

"Mayhem follower of Arioch"
"Cara Anjinsama"
"Jeanna Wadd"
"Bhaalspawn"
"King Leonidas"

and my log in handle "theblacklord".
If you care about the environment, it's better to eat a Salad in a Hummer than a Cheeseburger in a Prius.

Offline Grim

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2006, 11:00:54 am »
I might join up with you guys also :)

Offline AlchemistiD

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2006, 01:48:56 am »
I recently reinstalled Neverwinter nights (HOTU won't install T_T).  I also dusted off an old module you guys might find amusing.  Closest thing I could get to a Starfleet uniform.

Dynaverse, represent!

BTW, I found this, in the NWvault.  Klingon fans may enjoy it:  http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Models.Detail&id=274
« Last Edit: March 06, 2006, 02:16:08 am by AlchemistiD »