Topic: Warp Doubling Utility  (Read 2036 times)

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
Warp Doubling Utility
« on: February 07, 2006, 01:21:41 pm »
Thought I'd give this its own thread as it's buried in the UAW thread. It might be useful for other admins and players. The compiled executable and simple NSIS script are in the attached zip file.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
Re: Warp Doubling Utility
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2006, 10:43:48 am »
A silent version that can be called from a batch file using a parameter to either enable or disable doubling as desired (just run it with the right parameter for the desired config, it will not produce duplicate ini entries, so don't worry about that). File is attached, including the silent executable, the NSIS script and example batch files.

Usage:

to disable warp doubling:
Code: [Select]
SilentDoubling.exe /DOUBLING=disable

to enable warp doubling:
SilentDoubling.exe /DOUBLING=enable

to override the OP installation folder detected from the registry use the /D parameter (disabling warp doubling in this example):
SilentDoubling.exe /DOUBLING=disable /D=C:\Program Files\Foo
I have not tested this function though and am not sure if it can use relative paths. NSIS says not to put it in quotes even if there are spaces in the path. The script detects the OP installation folder from the registry which will be correct in all cases anyway, unless the user has multiple OP installs and is running OP from a folder other than the one it was last installed to... (I really wish people wouldn't do that - its so much simpler to make copies of the folder and cycle them through the actual install location indicated in the registry by renaming the folders.) But I would welcome feedback if anyone is willing to test the /D parameter using relative paths, if that works then this is not really an issue for batch installers.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2006, 11:16:02 am »
Why would u want silent doubling?

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 12:11:13 pm »
Why would u want silent doubling?

The installer is silent. (i.e. no visible window and automatic). SilentDoubling.exe only affects whether or not warp doubling is enabled, it does not modify sounds files it only edits the ini entry. (download and read the NSIS script if curious to see how it works) When doubling is enabled, it will still make its normal sounds as long as your sounds files are intact. I can see how the utility's name might be misleading... it made sense to me though.  :P

Edit: its intended for use by admins and modders who use clickteam(free)/MSI batch file combo installers who are unfamiliar with the use of NSIS themselves, allowing for an easy way to enable or disable warp doubling.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 01:07:12 pm by Bonk »