Topic: Report: Trek XI alive and going retro; "Alias," "Lost" creator to direct  (Read 1957 times)

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
From CNN

Prequel concept?  Again?

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
I think they are testing the waters with Kirk / Spock actors other than Shatner / Nimoy.  If the public accepts the new actors, it opens many more possibilities.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
I think there was a good reason this idea was rejected over and over.  But, if this is what they are going to do, I hope that they at least make sure they have an understanding of Kirk and Spock's early life.  The original series did give them a life (Spock, especially, is interesting in the fact that his choice to be there is hated by his father).  I'm not going to expect too much, but I'll do my best to keep an open mind (at least until more solid news exists).

New Trek is at least good.
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."