Topic: PF's for SFC1  (Read 1731 times)

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
PF's for SFC1
« on: January 11, 2006, 12:32:29 am »
I'm thinking about making a modified shiplist for SFC1 where PF's are added to the game, but I'm not sure how to approach it.  I was thinking about either modifiying the Hydran fighter slots so that each race can pick PF's.  Not sure which ship in each race would converted to PF tenders though, maybe replace scouts since they are pretty much useless in the game anyways. 

So anybody know what would be the best way to make PF's out of this?  Any suggestions?
"I sure am glad I like SFB!" - Magnum357 (me)

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
Re: PF's for SFC1
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2006, 01:37:43 am »
As I look into how to do this, I'm wondering if its easier just to make the other races use Fighters instead.  I can't seem to find way too effectively portray all the PF's that are present in SFB.  I thought about modifiying shuttles, but that would not work as all ships would be potential PF Tenders.  I thought about Hydran Fighters files to represent PF's, but this does drastically decrease the effectiveness of Hydrans.  Maybe this is a little tougher then I thought.   ::)

Offline LongTooth

• Lt.
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2006, 02:39:10 am »
Not sure (as it was a long time back) but as far as I remember you cant add fighters/pfs to the other races in sfc1

yochenhsieh

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2006, 08:15:12 pm »
Not sure (as it was a long time back) but as far as I remember you cant add fighters/pfs to the other races in sfc1
You can do that, actually. But every races will only use the hft model as fighter.

Offline Magnum357

• Lt.
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2006, 10:06:38 pm »
Ya, I was trying to modify it that way aswell, but when I try to give the Fighters missiles for example, the game will not allow the fighters to launch them during combat.   I'm not even sure if they can use Photons and other heavy weapons from other races.