Topic: Godzilla : Tokyo SOS (spoilers)  (Read 1761 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Godzilla : Tokyo SOS (spoilers)
« on: December 30, 2005, 03:41:53 pm »
Just got done watching this, and while It's fresh on my mind, I thought I'd do a lil' Mini review.

The Characters:

Godzilla : Hey It wouldn't be a Godzilla DVD without the Big Guy.

Mecha Godzilla: this is the latest incarnation, of MG. In Godzilla against Mecha Godzilla, MG, was built from the bones of the Original Godzilla who of course died in an Oxygen bomb, during the movie. DNA Memory and New tech helped to creat MG who got a royal Butt whoopin, even with his new weapon, Absolute Zero.

Mothra: I've always considered Mothra to be at his highest, as a Poetic Japanese character, he is the same this time, If Mao Sa Tung (sp) was Japanese, Mothra comes to town, and says, return MG's bones to the sea. No man should ever get in the way of nature, and If his soul isn't returned to his final resting place, you're all going to die.

The synopsis:

after recieving the warning, and rushing to get MG rebuilt, Godzilla destroys an American Navy sub, MegaGuiras washes up on shore dead, and the whole of Japan is in a panic. During the first fight with Mothra, Big G almost kills the flying bug, and there is a scene where he rips one of his legs off. They Rush MG to save Mothra. MG is quickly broken, and a new Mothras... yep you read that right... Mothras IE. Twins, are born. Mothra gives her life to save the two Mothra Larvae.

The mechanic HEro, repairs MG, and just when he's about to Kill godzilla, He goes errant... that's all I'm going to say, as I don't want to ruin the movie.

Special Effects:

Same old special effects, Big G's Breath takes abit longer to activate, they showed a few scars from his Previous battles, and there where some genuinly funny scenes, like when one of the Larvae try's to Bite hold of Big G's tail, but misses.

Music:

At first I was disappointed, Instead of the Familiar Soundtrack we all know and love, It was replaced with a Very Regal Piece using Baritones in the upper octives and plenty of horns In "F" . The more Emperial sound quickly grew on me, and I find that Toho went back to It's Roots, Music wise.

Summary:

In summary, I'd recommend this to anyone, IT doesn't hurt to have seen the last fight Between Big G against Mecha G, but there's plenty of flashbacks, which explain It. Maybe not as good as the 90's era of Godzilla from Japan, But the best of the Mellinium series.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War