Topic: Port Royale 2  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
Port Royale 2
« on: December 24, 2005, 01:16:15 am »
Any of you Pirates fans tried Port Royale 2?  Pretty wild game with it's economic system.  Tried avoiding ship combat thus far, I've found by far the fastest way for me to make money isn't by trading but by gambling...at least thus far.  Caught my attention the past two days.
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
Re: Port Royale 2
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 08:58:24 am »
Might give it a go after Christmas bills get paid off.

Thanks for the heads up on another possible good one!
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Dash Jones

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 09:30:00 am »
Yep, I started playing it yesterday.  Haven't gotten that far into it thus far, still trying to build up the colony, and I'm not a pirate yet though I try to avoid them (going the gambling/merchant route).  I didn't think I'd be too much into it, but it's sucked me into it's maw and I'm loving the game.

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

Offline Dash Jones

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2005, 07:16:13 pm »
Well, Piracy didn't pay for me.  I finally got up a Brigandine and a Frigate and took onto piracy, raiding the English convoys for Spain.  Did okay for a while, until the English put a giant price on my head and all their ships ran after me as soon as I entered English waters.  They sunk my ship!!! I have start all over...or almost (still have 120,000).

Learned a lesson, don't start piracy until I get a bigger fleet, and stick to their borders instead of going into the heart of their territories.

-------

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2005, 07:58:02 pm »
Learned a lesson, don't start piracy until I get a bigger fleet, and stick to their borders instead of going into the heart of their territories.

Damn, son... think you're Sir Francis Drake? ;) ALWAYS hit the edges of their territories. Take your cues form our sub tactics in WWII.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."