Topic: USS Iowa (Fed BB) Updated 11-02  (Read 3759 times)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
Re: USS Iowa (Fed BB) Updated 11-02
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2005, 08:50:50 am »
Thanks Buzz, I'll look for AV on MSN. I think I'll use your 2 (Iowa TNG) (Alabama TMP), as my paramiters, and keep the MIssouri within the tec of those two eras as my extremes. I'll hopefully have a WIP ready prior to the Holidays, if not it'll be early next week.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2005, 09:31:30 am »
That's  cool ..

Although I'd prefer to see the Missouri more toward the Iowa.  The Alabama should remain unique  (if that's cool with ya !)

thanks
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2005, 04:19:20 pm »
That's  cool ..

Although I'd prefer to see the Missouri more toward the Iowa.  The Alabama should remain unique  (if that's cool with ya !)

thanks

Actually my plan is to have it look like neither one of them, but to continue the tech progression that you have already established  ;). I may also incorporate some of the Missouri design elements though I highly doubt it.

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2005, 04:47:03 pm »
hmmm

rats ..  I was kinda hoping we would find a happy-go-between and create one that incorporated aspects of both models.

IMHO ..   the Ambassador is a good model reference.  That way we are not going too far TNG.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2005, 06:24:49 pm »
hmmm

rats ..  I was kinda hoping we would find a happy-go-between and create one that incorporated aspects of both models.

IMHO ..   the Ambassador is a good model reference.  That way we are not going too far TNG.

I have alway considered the Excelsior and Constellation the Late TMP/Early TNG era ships. I'd really like to keep away from Constitution refit year ships and not go as far as the Ambassadors, something happily in between. Like I said I'm gonna take a few days and review this, then I'll post a couple of diff wips. If any of them go anywhere, we can take it from there. If not we can start again from scratch.

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2005, 06:37:22 pm »
hmmm

I have alway considered the Excelsior and Constellation the Late TMP/Early TNG era ships. I'd really like to keep away from Constitution refit year ships and not go as far as the Ambassadors, something happily in between. Like I said I'm gonna take a few days and review this, then I'll post a couple of diff wips. If any of them go anywhere, we can take it from there. If not we can start again from scratch.

sounds good ...

mean time I guess I'll mess around with the textures on the Iowa !