Topic: Alliance-class Super Battlecruiser  (Read 1894 times)

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
Alliance-class Super Battlecruiser
« on: December 13, 2005, 04:04:56 pm »
I don't have any decent photo-editing software (or any sort of artistic skills :p ) But I had an idea for a class of battlecruiser that would be launched between the Excelsior and Ambassador classes, around 2310-2315 or so.

USS Alliance  NX-9000  Super-heavy Battlecruiser (sold to the Federation Council as Long-Range Explorer) Designation F-SBCx

power: 75 warp, 18 impulse, 15 batteries  total: 108

F-SBC USS Alliance NX-9000
12 phX, 4phG, 4phot, 6photH, 4droG, sensor rating 8, 6 tractors, 6 transporters

F-SBCF (fast variant) USS Entante NX-9012
12phX, 4phG, 10phot, 4droG, sensor rating 8, 6 tractors, 6 transporters

F-SBCB (bombardment variant) USS Treaty NX-9018
12phX, 4phG, 4phot, 4droG, 6droB, sensor rating 20, 4 tractors, 4 transporters

So I was wondering if any of you could build that, and if anyone has a better idea on how to arm her speak up on that as well.
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
Re: Alliance-class Super Battlecruiser
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 06:16:07 pm »
several of your pix seem  to be leading to  your documenets  folder.  I think   perhaps  without the upper nacelles it  might be cool.  Not sure about 4 nacelles  though,  looks a  bit busy

Edit: you might want  to  consider  making it a  bit refit while  you're at it.  Extra  impulse because the rear 2 will be blocked and useless by your  pod, and the fancier nacelles
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 06:33:54 pm by Starforce2 »

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2005, 06:21:33 pm »
I can't quite make out what you're doing with the thing on top of the secondary hull.  It looks promising, but it would be better if you could give us a clearer picture of what you want.

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2005, 12:50:15 am »
It from what I can discern from the pics, looks almost identical if not identical to several schematics over at Starship Schematic Database, but definately need to see some clearer pics please.

-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Jaeih t`Radaik

• "I'm the unknown Commander, who makes the Empire look so good."
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Elements willing, we shall prevail!
    • Federation Starbase 23
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2005, 06:29:44 am »
Maxillius, no offense, but it just looks like another overarmed monstrosity that the UFP would never build. I could believe in it as a super-long-range research cruiser, with Constellation-style nacelle arrangement and a pre-Dominion war Nebula-style sensor package.

I love seeing cool Fred ships too, but arming them wih more weaponry than a Prometheus (another totoal fan-boy creation, albeit a canon one) is a bit daft.
"I'm just observing. You know, making observations."
"Great. We'll stick a telescope in your head and put a dome over it, and we can call you an observatory."
Paris and Rory, from "The Gilmore Girls."

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2005, 03:22:46 pm »
I also believe the Excelsior model packs over at Battleclinic contain several ships that may fit your requests.

-MP

ModelsPlease, resident "Model Junkie" recovering from a tragic crayon sharpener accident.

Offline Starforce2

• Bridge Commander Ambassador
  • Commander
    • Nightsoft SFC File Dump
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2005, 07:30:22 pm »
Maxillius, no offense, but it just looks like another overarmed monstrosity that the UFP would never build. I could believe in it as a super-long-range research cruiser, with Constellation-style nacelle arrangement and a pre-Dominion war Nebula-style sensor package.

I love seeing cool Fred ships too, but arming them wih more weaponry than a Prometheus (another totoal fan-boy creation, albeit a canon one) is a bit daft.

Well,  nobody said it was pretty.  Go look at the overlord  class,  that sticks another secondary hull on top of the saucer and a nacelle on top  of that. Now that is an ugly monstrosity. ;)

Offline ModelsPlease

• Retired Model Junkie
  • Commander
  • ModelsPlease
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2005, 03:19:10 am »
Time was when I first started coming to the forums, I couldn't model, texture, kitbach etc. I would have to ask for ships I wanted to see in game. Thanks to people like GAFY?, Mackie, Atheorhaven, Manitoba, and Wolfsglenn, just to name a few I saw many of my requests come to fluition. Now that I can bash and texture, who am I not to hook someone else up so...............

Here ya go

http://www.battleclinic.com/docks/files/dist/index.php/file,73d8a10d3a5f9888af18bba3c685e6d3.rar

Enjoy !!!!!
 ;D :thumbsup:
-MP

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 09:06:07 am »
 :D [stimpy] joy!!! [/stimpy]

You rock :)  Downloading when I get back to my windows machine!!!!
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.