Poll

Would You Play A "Storm Season III" Server ?

Yes
33 (100%)
No
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Topic: Server Poll  (Read 16016 times)

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
Re: Server Poll
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2005, 11:00:48 pm »
Take off your anti-dizzy tinted glasses, Wanderer. I'd not intentionally provoke Bonk. He's my buddy. And you dont need to go defending him. He's perfectly capable of doing that himself. Now, to clear up a mess you seem to be starting before it becomes a mess, I was going further than crim by letting know that SGO5 had a penalty box rule. If this crap is gonna be discussed, that's an important part of the equation. Peeps on my server that found their capital ship blown up were restricted to lesser ships for 12 hours. My reasoning was to make a DN kill mean something. It doesnt if the killed DN player just goes and buys another one and is in the same hex 30 mins later.

Are you gonna come running to my defense at a pin drop that can be taken the wrong way, bro?

Offline Riskyllama

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt.
  • Risky
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2005, 11:09:58 pm »
I read it wrong too, until I remembered the penalty box thingy...I dont remember seeing wanderer on SGO5 so he might not've known about it. Frankly I didnt see many of the FPF on SGO5 other than tobin and diehard though. But back to the subject at hand, now we know....and knowing is half the battle.
Everything is sweetened by risk. ~Alexander Smith

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2005, 11:10:11 pm »
Did in any way you think you are banned for 1 hour from flying at all? or from flying another DN?  I hope not. 

On my server he'd be banned from flying another DN for 12 hours.

<sigh>...is it really necessary to provoke people, bro?

Is his handle DIZZY....yes I think it is... ;)

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2005, 11:12:05 pm »
Take off your anti-dizzy tinted glasses, Wanderer. I'd not intentionally provoke Bonk. He's my buddy. And you dont need to go defending him. He's perfectly capable of doing that himself. Now, to clear up a mess you seem to be starting before it becomes a mess, I was going further than crim by letting know that SGO5 had a penalty box rule. If this crap is gonna be discussed, that's an important part of the equation. Peeps on my server that found their capital ship blown up were restricted to lesser ships for 12 hours. My reasoning was to make a DN kill mean something. It doesnt if the killed DN player just goes and buys another one and is in the same hex 30 mins later.

Are you gonna come running to my defense at a pin drop that can be taken the wrong way, bro?

Stew Phew

;D

Offline KBF MalaK

• Just Another Target
  • Lt.
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2005, 11:13:07 pm »
i REALLY hate the 'hex flipping thingy', so I'm gonna ask:
Is it possible to rig the server to allow a hex flip ONLY if won in a PvP match ?

I know it's a strech as you can have a DN sitting on a strategically important hex to 'hold' it , you could thus keep it prisoner allowing other hexxes to be DN free.

The other side of the coin is actually the problem bro....

If a team wanted to hold space.....all they have to do is stay out of those hexes and avoid the PvP battles....thus the hexes wont flip at all...

HMmmmm
Ya, thats a big FAT monkey wrench.

But it  could still go neutral.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2005, 11:51:57 pm by MalaK »
"Artificial Intelligence is not a suitable substitute for natural stupidity"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

Offline FPF-Wanderer

• Order of Battle Wonk
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Trek Nerd Since 1976
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2005, 11:43:26 pm »
Take off your anti-dizzy tinted glasses, Wanderer.

Well, you do have that effect on people, Diz.  You have to reap what you sow.  Let's face it, you do have a history of berating folks, putting them down, trying to provoke, and making a general asshat of yourself.  Not all the time, by any stretch, or even a majority of the time, but it is true that you have a history of this sort of behavior.  The fact that you italicised 'bro' to throw it back in my face is a perfect example.  You would get more of the accolades that you desire for your contributions to the community if you tried to use more civility and tact in your posts instead of falling back on trash talk.

And, yes, it's true, I didn't play on SGO5, so I did not know about the 12 hour rule.  I apologize.  But I'm sure that you can see where your one line statement could be taken out of context as a slam, particularly with your history.

At any rate, I'm putting out my hand to you.  I hope that you take it.  If not <shrug> there's not much else I can say.
Alliance SAC, SG4 / Alliance SAC, RDSL / Federation A/RM: AOTK, SSII, GW4 / Federation Chief of Staff / Member of the Flying Circus / Alliance Map Guy

Offline FPF-SCM_TraceyG_XC

• Empress of the Empire
  • Commander
« Reply #126 on: December 02, 2005, 12:00:01 am »
I read it wrong too, until I remembered the penalty box thingy...I dont remember seeing wanderer on SGO5 so he might not've known about it. Frankly I didnt see many of the FPF on SGO5 other than tobin and diehard though. But back to the subject at hand, now we know....and knowing is half the battle.

I was there...
Captain FPF-TraceyG, Federation Protection Fleet

SFC2.net Admin member
SFC3.net Admin member
Voting member of the DGA
Member of XenoCorp, Squadron Commodore

Offline Riskyllama

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Lt.
  • Risky
« Reply #127 on: December 02, 2005, 12:04:39 am »
aye but due to time differences i dont think i saw you but once or so.
Everything is sweetened by risk. ~Alexander Smith

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #128 on: December 02, 2005, 12:05:18 am »
If Capt. Jeff is running it I'm there.  My favorite servers EVER were Storm Season I and Storm Season II.  I might even be able to drag a couple of old folkes outta retirement for one of Jeff's specials.

Offline FPF-SCM_TraceyG_XC

• Empress of the Empire
  • Commander
« Reply #129 on: December 02, 2005, 12:20:09 am »
aye but due to time differences i dont think i saw you but once or so.

True... I was flying as Huntress of Lyra
Captain FPF-TraceyG, Federation Protection Fleet

SFC2.net Admin member
SFC3.net Admin member
Voting member of the DGA
Member of XenoCorp, Squadron Commodore

Offline CaptJosh

• Lt.
« Reply #130 on: December 02, 2005, 09:03:37 am »
She even had her Huntres of Lyra pic as her sig on the sfc2.net forum. Meee-YOWser. :D
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.