Topic: Klingon Civil War  (Read 20798 times)

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
Re: Klingon Civil War
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2005, 06:02:21 pm »
-C7's WILL be available as mentioned, likely there will be accounts created at the start with a C7 in it.
and- more importantly- Yes, I mean it- if you get your C7 caught in a range 50 tractor and killed, or if you get caught by
a bad lag jump, if you get hit by a weird 2x dmg bug- the ship is gone.

I forsee much bitching... :P
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2005, 07:39:58 pm »
Frignaught gonna be available?

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2005, 08:23:28 pm »
Frignaught gonna be available?

It may be, won't count for the "slot" though with the .67 move cost, so I'm not sure how useful it will be.
D7W will (I think) be the most common
D5L has better powercurve + Disrupter arcs so matches up (imo) fairly well
D5W is again comparable to both

FWL will be useful in certain areas

Not sure where the F6 fits in, but I can leave it in if people want.

Ships that won't be available are
-any carriers
-any Dreads
-any of the NCA's other than the D5W (no DWL/DDW/DWD)
-The FDW (Might leave the FD7K in, don't think it's as good as a D7W,but...)
-any drone ship
-no PF tenders
-likely (but not definate) no PF's
I like the idea of a sqaudron of 3(not 6) PF's (all purchased from yrads) as a legal fleet
but haven't actually looked at it yet. 6PF's are to easy to set drone waves up with, 3 might be a fun match for a FWL
- I'm (seriously) tempted to throw "penal" ships in and require people to fly them for an hour/whatver
 if they lose PVP or something, but not sure how many would do so  ;D

« Last Edit: December 02, 2005, 08:37:08 pm by Hexx »
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2005, 10:00:45 pm »
It may be...

Good.  Hate to see more then 3 ships available to fly during the campaign.  It is of critical importance that you remove all ships that carry weapons that might possibly result in your death during the game (penal ships...BRILLIANT!).

After all, you are Hexx...Denouncer of Drones, Foe of Fighters, Punisher of Plasma, ALL HAIL HEXX!   OVERLORD OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND FLUFFY BUNNIES!!!

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2005, 10:30:14 pm »
It may be...

Good.  Hate to see more then 3 ships available to fly during the campaign.  It is of critical importance that you remove all ships that carry weapons that might possibly result in your death during the game (penal ships...BRILLIANT!).

After all, you are Hexx...Denouncer of Drones, Foe of Fighters, Punisher of Plasma, ALL HAIL HEXX!   OVERLORD OF ALL THAT IS GOOD AND FLUFFY BUNNIES!!!

I'll put you down as one of the 'Why can't I fly a D5D?" PM's  ;D

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2005, 01:38:39 am »
It may be...

But Green you look so cool piloting the F5B......

:P

Offline Khalee1

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2005, 04:49:31 pm »
Sounds like it might be interesting What kind a ship lists and files would I need. I dont normaly do on line stuff As I really only have 1 or 2 days I can get on, And I dont have a orginal op ship list eihter as im useing Firsouls ship list, and ships I make.

I supose I could uninstall and reinstall everything for this tho.

Offline Hexx

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2005, 08:16:34 pm »
Sounds like it might be interesting What kind a ship lists and files would I need. I dont normaly do on line stuff As I really only have 1 or 2 days I can get on, And I dont have a orginal op ship list eihter as im useing Firsouls ship list, and ships I make.

I supose I could uninstall and reinstall everything for this tho.

Well there will be a shiplist, based off of FS list, also you'll need a mission pack (to be determined)
and uhm, I think that's it.
You shouldn't have to actually uninstall anything if you're using OP+ 4.0 , just plug the shiplist
and missions in and you'd be good to go.

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2005, 10:00:04 pm »
Hexx
Insert funny name here.
Dyna Server Admin
Lt. Commander

Okay.  What bonehead made Hexx an Admin?

Frey!!!! 

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2005, 10:25:43 pm »
You're little Avatar needs the beard he had for Mirror, Green.
Or is it K'green now...? :P
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline KBF-maQmIgh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2005, 10:28:05 pm »
As stated in the opening post:
The fate of the Empire will be determined by the D7's & D5's
F5's & E4's
F5B's & D7B's will be available for those of you talking smack about "what real Klingon's fly" Enjoy. 

A REAL Klingon warrior can win in anything against a foe without honor. :-) personally I am beginning to respect the D6 :-)

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2005, 01:52:56 am »
KCW will be a (hopefully) 3 week server covering 3 years (or maybe one real long year)MAP

The map is fairly large (40 x40ish)
-Each faction controls one Homeworld hex, the 6 hexes surrounding it, and 5-10 (ish) target hexes spread across
the empire .Everything else is neutral.

You may need to do some serious testing to make sure all houses have a shipyard with enough ship choices in it considering each empire's economy will be so tiny. However, since all special ships and DN's will not be available (how do you plan on doing this, as the kit is sensitive to what it has to choose from to generate AI and not introduce DB errors) but on the flip side, that creates a boredom issue, especially with a 3 week server.

A 10 day or 2 week server would be better. With just one race, and only a handful of ships allowed, I can see myself getting bored fairly quickly, and let's not forget there is no time scale or tech tree to exploit. 3 weeks is too long.

Also, it'd be nice to have different model folders for some of our house ships. If its true our ship selection will be tight, then it'd be easy to setup seperate folders for all our command ships, like the D5/7L and W's. That'd be way cool. I can't wait to see what a pink D7L would look like. ;D

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2005, 12:23:29 pm »
You might get bored?  Heaven forbid.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass.  It's Hex's first server I believe.  I'm sure he welcomes suggestions and advice on technical issues, but I don't think he has any obligation to entertain you.  I'd love to see a server with limited ship selection at one tech level.  It's a great leveling of the playing field.  Sorry you won't be able to buy your way into a BB and roll over the map.  You'll have to live with a cruiser.  I'm sure you will do fine.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2005, 12:33:53 pm »
Everything seemed to work pretty good on Mirror (which was Hexx's..wasn't it?), of course, Mirror was only 2 sides, not 6-8.
Besides, it things go Sour, think of all the bitching we can do at Hexx... ;D
He loves all those nice PMs we send him... :P

I'm sure he'll get it all worked out...
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2005, 01:53:53 pm »
Hexx BETTER get it worked out...

Or we'll hand him over to Howard...

Offline KMF-Paladin

• Black Knight
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2005, 02:23:09 pm »
DO IT!

Klingon Mercinary Force

"Have Starship- Will travel"

"For the Honor! For the Glory! But mostly for the Money!"

Offline Strat

• Retired
  • EAW Update Crew
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2005, 05:37:28 pm »
So Far I love all the rules except the loss of a C7 because of a stinkn bug.

LOL

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2005, 11:03:44 pm »
You might get bored?  Heaven forbid.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass.  I'd love to see a server with limited ship selection at one tech level.  It's a great leveling of the playing field.
Oh goodness! Someone like me who has the courage to speak out against someone and say the unpopular! I love it. Lepton, I respectfully disagree. Variety has and will always be the key to this game's longevity.

That said, wtf is Hexx going with FS's shiplist of there are only 5 or 6 ships avaialble? The kit would run better faster cheaper if he stuck to stock and based kcw off that.

It's Hex's first server I believe. 
And lets not let anyone forget it either. He should be put under the microscope and be lashed for the slightest mistake. Afterwards we will take turns dousing him in salt.

I'm sure he welcomes suggestions and advice on technical issues, but I don't think he has any obligation to entertain you.
Hexx is obliged to tickle my balls whenever and wherever technical or not. The question is if it entertains ME.  

Sorry you won't be able to buy your way into a BB and roll over the map.  You'll have to live with a cruiser.  I'm sure you will do fine.
I'm the best pvp player left in this community. Last server proved it. Dont mistake it, few kills were even scored in my BB. Most kills saw me in a smaller ship spanking someone bigger. I expect more of the same. I just have to watch out for bear. ;)

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2005, 12:09:20 am »
How does your head fit through a door?  Is there nothing in your own life to bolster your self-worth or do you merely play the part of a self-centered ego-manical braggard as some way of entertaining yourself and maybe one or two others?

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline KAT Chuut-Ritt

• Vice Admiral
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2005, 12:32:55 am »

I just have to watch out for bear. ;)

I wouldn't worry about Bear I'd worry about the rocks this time, and your wingman especially if he challanges you to take out the ai alone while his finger lingers over the T-bomb button  ;D

<Snicker>.