Topic: ANY INTEREST IN ANOTHER TOURNEY?  (Read 1670 times)

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
ANY INTEREST IN ANOTHER TOURNEY?
« on: November 27, 2005, 06:01:49 pm »
so,you guys burnt out on tourney play?? do you want to challenge Cugs again,maybe with difernet set up ie: era's ,ship size, terrains,who picks the race YOU fly in(you or your opponent)?  In what type of time frame should this occur? 1,2 weeks.

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
Re: ANY INTEREST IN ANOTHER TOURNEY?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 06:29:36 pm »
Yuppers.   count me in.  perhaps 2 weeks.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 06:47:06 pm »
Tighten up the random battle generator, limit Xtech in late era matches and put time limits on games decided by most internals.

Gotta start the matches earlier... I cant stay up till 4:30am waiting to play a match... I was so tired I couldnt shoot straight.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 07:22:25 pm »
Perhaps afer christmas and new years are over.....
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Wraith 413

• Lt.
  • Alliance Trooper
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 08:53:24 pm »
 Posted this in the other CUGS thread.

TT,
Thanks for putting this together, sorry I didn't say that in my earlier post.  I think that every other weekend for a tourney would work. But if the number of players are there, I 'd say go with 3v3's instead. Just mho.  <S>

Wraith 413

Offline _Rondo_GE The OutLaw

• Commodore
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 09:32:22 pm »
Shoot I thought we were just getting started?  Hate to end on a sour note really...

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 10:59:28 pm »

TT,
Thanks for putting this together, sorry I didn't say that in my earlier post.  I think that every other weekend for a tourney would work. But if the number of players are there, I 'd say go with 3v3's instead. Just mho.  <S>

Wraith 413
  TY Wraith ,is was fun,and on behalf of Josh a,DIFJmet and myself,everyone is welcome  :)   i like the 3v3 idea,but i do have concerns for the peeps on dial up.As a player that is usually on dial up,and hopefully will be again(long story) i have concerns that they would be discriminated against re: lag and drops.......however,if everyone is willing to try,without complaining IF it happens,then i would certainly be willing to try one(maybe even next one) as a 3v3,say in 2 weeks,so SFC/OP longing can build up to a fever pitch again  :)    WOW!!!!! 22 TEAMS  Just incredible.... welldone Cugs and Dynaverse players,hope springs eternal,that this game will live on with loyal players such as yourselves 

Offline KHH-MiniMe

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2005, 05:29:25 pm »

TT,

Wraith 413
  TY Wraith ,is was fun,and on behalf of Josh a,DIFJmet and myself,everyone is welcome  :)   i like the 3v3 idea,but i do have concerns for the peeps on dial up.As a player that is usually on dial up,and hopefully will be again(long story) i have concerns that they would be discriminated against re: lag and drops.......however,if everyone is willing to try,without complaining IF it happens,then i would certainly be willing to try one(maybe even next one) as a 3v3,say in 2 weeks,so SFC/OP longing can build up to a fever pitch again  :)    WOW!!!!! 22 TEAMS  Just incredible.... welldone Cugs and Dynaverse players,hope springs eternal,that this game will live on with loyal players such as yourselves 

Keep the cable TT

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2005, 07:16:25 pm »
Sounds good.  My only inputs are:

- Ban X tech or make "Adv" mean Late era with 1st GenX allowed.

- May want to go for speed 7 or 8 (not 9).

- I like Open Med maps...removes a lot of variables...but am game for planets, holes & astroids, just no Sun or Nebs.

- The 1 hour time limit is okay w/ me, but many players who prefer plasma may disagree.  Dizzy's idea of scoring internals to verify would overcome that difference, but how do we end the game at 1 hour and check internals?  Is there a tweak or something that can "call" the game at 1 hour and allow us to check damage w/o forfeiting/blowing up our ship?

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2005, 10:32:14 pm »
I disagree with the 1 hour ruling.  As in our game Green that lasted forever, had the numbers been taken at 1/2 hour, 1 hour, or even 1 1/2 hours, I am positive we would have soundly lost.  At the 2 hour mark I would bet the total internals would have finally swung our way.  If it had not, I beleive the total points lost for fighter count would have made it to the total of your ship or more, and in that aspect, we would also finally pull ahead.  As it turns out, it was won by us just under 2 1/2 hours.  The results prior to that time were totally different to the end result.

Using a time limit, especially as short as 1 hour will make flying many of the plasma ships pointless.  May as well ask that all people must fly direct fire ships only.

I do understand that having a tourney last till the wee hours of the morning is hard on people, but start them earlier, or, like I have seen before, make rounds 1 and 2 on one week, and the following rounds the next week.  This way no major nutter hours needed consecutively.  Just a suggestion.  AS per using 2 weeks method, if say players may not be able to make the second Saturday start, all that would be needed is to let the 3rd round people know that they must schedule and complete round 3 BEFORE the set time for the following Saturday.  That way if they decide to fly immediately they could, or they can schedule for any time within the next 165 hours or so. 

Of course, with a 3v3, this most likely wont matter as there will be many less total teams. example 44 players were 22 teams of 2, but would only be 15 teams with 45 players, therefore less games in total, less rounds.

Offline Hexx

• Sexy Shoeless Lyran God Of War
  • Captain
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2005, 04:20:52 pm »

Using a time limit, especially as short as 1 hour will make flying many of the plasma ships pointless.  May as well ask that all people must fly direct fire ships only.

I'll second this.
Courageously Protesting "Lyran Pelt Day"

Offline Sanfeng

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2005, 04:36:59 pm »
barring unforeseen party invites... Id like to get some more tourney action.

wished I stayed for the last one, but sounds like it was good just to pack the gsa lobby with so many sfcers.

Offline Herr Burt

• Putting the "B" back into SFC
  • Lt. Junior Grade
  • Providing for the Providers
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2005, 04:41:57 pm »

Perhaps we could play using the Tournament-sized map.   ;)

-S'Cipio
Happy Warmongering!

Offline Green

• I'm not a
  • Commander
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2005, 06:18:29 pm »
May as well ask that all people must fly direct fire ships only.

I agree.  Thus my "plasma players may not" like it comment.  As for me, as long as the rule is known before the race is selected, it doesn't bother me.

Still think it is moot anyway since I don't know how internals can be checked at an hour, two hours, or any time limit.

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2005, 07:04:15 pm »
all games when flying have a chronological clock at the top right hand edge of the screen.  when it hits one hour, you take a picture, then forfeit out, then take stats and picture of all internals scored for both teams.  It can be done by both teams to verify results.  The only slight contention issue is timing it to the hour as close as possible.  Once one team forfeits out, there could be no further internals scored on the other team so the numbers for both teams would have to be very near identical.

Offline Sanfeng

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005, 07:31:44 pm »
one hour isnt a long enough time limit imo... Id think 3v3 and an earlier start time... definatly an earlier start time. And/or carry the tourney over a couple days...