Topic: Dyna VS Cugs 2v2 Tourney(saturday night /nov26/05)  (Read 19165 times)

Offline Austin

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: Dyna VS Cugs 2v2 Tourney(saturday night /nov26/05)
« Reply #80 on: November 27, 2005, 03:48:15 pm »
Messy needs to stfu sometimes...

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2005, 04:40:05 pm »
Agreed Austin, nice to hear from you, and btw, Warchild went down in the first round to Green and myself in a VGG.

Offline FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

• Administrator
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #82 on: November 27, 2005, 05:47:22 pm »
" irritated at the running from the previous round *wink wink XC*. I mean, I can see the logic if running = win.."

Well ,tactics are about wining.
I recommend  bolstering your patience threshold.

One small tactical hint for you,try to force your tactic upon the enemy.

Btw complaining is not a Orion pirates feature last time i checked, i fear you got to get more creative in countering  a unwelcomed tactic.;)

Manipulating the game through ,changing ships ,breaking agreements about game speeds etc, will not let you  gain any  respect from us.

FRA.E.Kehakoul_XC

Director - Diplomatic Division

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #83 on: November 27, 2005, 05:50:08 pm »
             ty for "ALL", the input re:problems some of you experienced and also the positive feedback  :)  I'll talk to Josh about all of it.I too had an oppratunity to see some of the ,well....vulgarity in the GSA lobby,and it was disheartenning,especially when taking into context why this tourney was being held;that being,to bring two great communities together.The diehards of SFC,and some new people.

As for the bpv's and era's ,they were produced by a battle generator by Cugs,and i believe they produced them fairly.This was a great tourney which needs to be tweaked in some areas just like the dynaverse campaigns for maximum enjoyment by as many people as possible.Maybe in the next tourney(hopefully there will be one),we can do it diferently,so that dynaverse doesn't eliminate dynaverse players,smaller bpv's,diferent map sizes and terrains,who knows,maybe,whoever you fly against will pick your race that you have to fly and vice versa.maybe a frigate war or lite cruiser war.I think it is important to remember,that the Cugs players have thier likes and dislikes too,and maybe they are in thier forums ,saying similar stuff about what we like to fly in.The point is,we all have to be adaptive.Were not always going to get to fly in the ships or era's that we like,but neither will they.Josh worked just as hard to get his Cugs players out,as i did to get Dyna players out for this event,and he was very accomadating to compromises.

I don't mean to be preachy,and i am sorry if it sounds that way,but just think of the goals we were trying to achieve,and that was to meet new peeps,and talk to them about dynaverse,just as it was Cugs goal,re: the same for thier league.I know one thing as result of this tourney,i was very proud of the numbers we got out,and i think we could have more,if not for real life issues.

I would like to try another one in a week or two if both sides are interested ,but i'll start another thread for the interest part for y'all to reply     Once again  THANK YOU!!   ;D

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2005, 06:44:46 pm »
The 'Battle Generator' needs to be tightened up a bit. And there is something I loathe about how FS did OP+ 4.0, he added in all the 1st gen X ships into the late era. So if you play late era, ur really playing the 1st gen X era in most cases. I'd like to see the random battle generator dish out only a 33% chance that X tech will be available in a late era match. Late era matches just suck on GSA when everything is available.

Offline KBF-Crim

• 1st Deacon ,Church of Taldren
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
  • Crim,son of Rus'l
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2005, 07:05:39 pm »
Had fun in last night's tourney, though I didn't make it past the first round. My wing (a ladder player) must have been somewhat inexperienced as he said he flew Fed, but didn't know what a CLC was. (go figure) 
 Unfortunately, I got to see the flaming in the lobby, as others did here also, and have to attribute that to a "fleet attitude". Some fleets thrive on that crap, though usually not all of that fleet's members condone it. As long as they are a "winning" fleet, they'll put up with it, sad to say.

Played several 3v3 fun games with different players, mostly CUGS guys and Crim came in for atleast 3 games while I was there. Lots of fun had by all. Including watching Crim, who was on my team, charge into all 3 of our opponents ships with his K-DXD. He finally broke their tractor and ran away for repairs. lol      <S> Crim

Wraith 413

The first match at 115 was my favorite... ;)

Yeah...the blood lust  turned me into a berserker (and the beers)....We did win that one ;) though

Offline Austin

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #86 on: November 27, 2005, 07:11:53 pm »
Trying to tire your opponant is not a tactic... and it's wasteful and pointless especially against me and messy... We don't stop.

Offline FPF-Tobin Dax

• D.Net VIP
  • Commander
« Reply #87 on: November 27, 2005, 07:21:24 pm »
The previous week, I was taunted for simply outrunning plasma. Are we supposed to just run in, hit emergency stop and go boom? Earn your win, corner your opponent. Tactics.
Suspected leader of Prime Industries, #1 Pirate Cartel

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #88 on: November 27, 2005, 07:30:01 pm »
Trying to tire your opponant is not a tactic... and it's wasteful and pointless especially against me and messy... We don't stop.

U remind me of me when I was new at this game and cocky as hell...

Actually, tiring your opponent is a tactic. Apparently, you claim to be immune to it, either that or ignorant. Just because it doesnt work on you doesnt mean its not a tactic and wont work on others. Try not to act so brazen to the point you think you are the hottest ticket. You'll get punched soon enough. Everyone does.

Offline Wraith 413

• Lt.
  • Alliance Trooper
« Reply #89 on: November 27, 2005, 08:51:16 pm »
 Yes, we did win that one, Crim. lol 

TT,
Thanks for putting this together, sorry I didn't say that in my earlier post.  I think that every other weekend for a tourney would work. But if the number of players are there, I 'd say go with 3v3's instead. Just mho.  <S>

Wraith 413

Offline _Rondo_GE The OutLaw

• Commodore
« Reply #90 on: November 27, 2005, 09:30:58 pm »
Actually, Mess said it was decided at the beginning by ships in the last round... I was thinking it too...

X or no X, Messy owns with Mauler and that CLX was going to die by proxy anyways... GG it was though... However, I feel dirty for butplugging my second to last round opponants with duel H-XCF. Me and mess never do that, just did it for fun because we we're really irritated at the running from the previous round *wink wink XC*. I mean, I can see the logic if running = win... but geeze, some of us can barely take any of that waiting... However, we we're determined to win because Warchild won last, and we couldn't allow that to happen again! Lol, j/k, but was fun.

GL in the future guys... and Messy probably would say "LOL I PWNT U," if he were here right now.. And if anyone knows me well enough, you know why I put up with him, lol. 2 reasons. You can ask me in the GSA OP Lobby

Well it certainly lays down the gauntlet for the skill vs cheese argument.  I won't complain but now that I know the kind of tactics you use I don't think it will be a problem in the future.

However.

Just ONCE I would like to see Tournament ships used in an SFC Tournament.  But I'm afraid that might scare off too many headcases. 

But duh...

Offline DIFJosh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #91 on: November 27, 2005, 10:21:50 pm »
Thanks to all who Attended (We had 61 people show up in Game Spy Lobby) The Saturday 11/26/05 CUGS/DynaVerse 2v2 Match Up Battle Tourney. We had 22 Teams/44 entrants Sign up and Compete in the Tourney, which started at 10:30 pm est. Terms for each round were as follows:

Round 1

173 mid med map sp 9

Round 2

215 mid med map sp8

Round 3
137 late med map sp9

Round 4

349 Adv med map sp8

Round 5
256 late med map sp9

Round 6
116 early med map sp8

Congrats to Our Winners
1st place XE-Austin/XE-MessuUpGood
2nd place Dizzy/Risky
3rd place Slider-Icop/Rondo

Remember You heard it hear first from your SFC Community Angel

DIFJosh(CUGS)

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #92 on: November 27, 2005, 10:32:25 pm »
I have a question

How come Slider/Rondo get 3rd for losing in semi-finals when there were 2 teams that lost in semi-finals?  Perhaps they should both be mentioned?

Offline DIFJosh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #93 on: November 27, 2005, 10:33:23 pm »
Remember you heard it here first from your SFC Community Angel

DIFJosh

ALSO: Players please provide information on the following:
1) Should we have a time limit on matches ie: some matches took over 2 hours +
2) any corrections on rules ie: lag/drop
3) any suggestion to make Tourney better

762_XC

« Reply #94 on: November 27, 2005, 10:36:38 pm »
I would love to have a "hardcore" tourney - no X ships, tugs, heavy war destroyers, BPV's primarily in the 100-200 range.

Offline DIFJosh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #95 on: November 27, 2005, 10:41:33 pm »
How come Slider  answer: Slider/ Rondo got to round 4.  Dizzy/Risky  vs  Dfly/Green was a 3rd round match in which Dizzy/Risky won and then recieved a bye in round 4. This is why Dfly/Green didnt recieve 3rd place but possibly in furture, we could have a match off  for 3rd  depending on how many peeps fly. Jeff (DIFJmet) is still learning  how to run a tourney but all and all he think he did a good job

DIFJosh

Offline DIFJosh

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #96 on: November 27, 2005, 10:46:23 pm »
as for Tourney Ships  sounds kewl. Its always about what you the Community want. Remember our Slogan at CUGS is " We do this for Community Sake" if you want it, lets talk, then do it

DIFJosh

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #97 on: November 27, 2005, 10:52:21 pm »
Jeff (DIFJmet) is still learning  how to run a tourney but all and all he think he did a good job
DIFJosh

sorry about that DIFJmet,u did an excellent job of setting up battle generator and running the rounds.especially as it put you in the role of not being able to fly in it yourself.TY and DAM FINE WORK  :)

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2005, 02:28:49 am »

ALSO: Players please provide information on the following:
1) Should we have a time limit on matches ie: some matches took over 2 hours +
2) any corrections on rules ie: lag/drop
3) any suggestion to make Tourney better

Time limit for each match should be 60 mins and winners chosen on most internals. Final match shouldnt be timed.

Lags/drops: Somehow a match needs to be played. If this requires getting an admin in to figure it out cuz some players are dumb then so be it. Admins need to babysit if players cant figure it out for themselves. sigh

Tighten up the battle generator. The bpv's and era's should be better used to generate ship bpv's geared more toward CA/CL hulls and go up and down a bit from there. (Example: Early era the mean average for CA/CL is lower than it is for the late era, so the bpv starting range average should be lower in the eearly and higher in the late.)

Late era should also include matches with and without X tech. This is a fault of the interaction between Firesoul's YFA and the Multiplayer's selecting YFA from the list. (Example: In mid era selection matches you cant buy a F-CLC, despite it being available in the mid era at 2275. But in the late era match when a CLC is available, you can instead buy Xtech. This is a discrepancy I have always loathed ever since OP+ came out.)

Offline FPF-DieHard

• DDO Junkie
  • Captain
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2005, 07:41:13 am »

Time limit for each match should be 60 mins and winners chosen on most internals. Final match shouldnt be timed.

60 Minutes is just getting started  ;D
Who'd thunk that Star-castling was the root of all evil . . .