Topic: BIG MySQL Test - Run#1 Friday Nov. 25th 8PM Central  (Read 13666 times)

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
Re: BIG MySQL Test - Run#1 Friday Nov. 25th 8PM Central
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2005, 07:38:39 am »
Hoi Folks,

Just got back online in my new place in Dartmouth, NS. With the exception of work and domestic stuff I should be ready for Friday, more like 3am Sat., but I have Sat. and Sun. off.

Great work!

Take care

drb

heya Drb,Mutt is only minutes away from you,in eastern passage  :)  he is presently out to sea,but he should be arriving back this coming week some time.as for myself,i am 45 minutes away from dartmouth in upper rawdon,but temporarily(i hope) living across the bridge from you in clayton park.we should hook up sometime,when Mutt gets back

Offline CaptJosh

• Lt.
« Reply #61 on: November 27, 2005, 07:08:42 am »
Well, we got about 20 players on for about 2 hours and the debug server did not crash, but as it turns out, after I took a look at the server we did find an error that was caught by the debugger that would probably crash a release build.

So this is progress! I won't schedule another load test until I've had a chance to go over the results with the rest of the development group. Once we have modified the code it will be back to the testing grind!

A big hearty thank you to all who turned out to help! This is good!  ;D

Good for you, man. At least it's not like  I crash I could reproduce unless I was running a build hooked into a remote debug session on a game I'm a beta tester for. Hopefully if you can get the serverkit debugged fully the last holdout on giving us the client-side source will finally realize that it's worthwhile to let this community have at it.
CaptJosh

There are only 10 kinds of people in the world;
those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Midnight Tech

• Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Junior Grade
    • Tech Support Forum..."We are offering free computer support for everyone"
« Reply #62 on: November 27, 2005, 01:10:41 pm »
Another error perhaps? I had a "investigate the cargo container" mission not end properly in the SQL test.
For computer problems, check out Tech Support Forum!

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #63 on: November 27, 2005, 01:27:54 pm »
I got an assert failure in the asynchronous data handler code in the switch project about a dozen times, I'm not really interested in mission errors at this point (most of them probably resulted from people maxing out the cpu by forfeiting missions) These forfeits may also have been the cause of the error in the switch code but its hard to say for sure. We know forfeits are a problem and murder on the server cpu use. I am looking for a way to disable the option to forfeit so that the problem is forever eliminated. Thanks for the report though!

Offline drb

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #64 on: November 27, 2005, 03:09:42 pm »
Hoi TraumaTech,

heya Drb,Mutt is only minutes away from you,in eastern passage    he is presently out to sea,but he should be arriving back this coming week some time.as for myself,i am 45 minutes away from dartmouth in upper rawdon,but temporarily(i hope) living across the bridge from you in clayton park.we should hook up sometime,when Mutt gets back

Sounds good. I work late, shifts end at about 3am each morning, with every other weekend off.  I have a buddy who heads out to Shearwater every so often, he might be willing to give me a lift a little further down the road. We have many options if you move to Claton Park. When I lived on the Bedford Hwy. I played pool at Dooley's in Claton Park, always enjoyed that pool hall.

I'll send a pm as soon as I look at my schedule.

Hey! Hexx, are you still in the area?

Take care

drb

Offline TraumaTech

• DON'T PISS OFF THE KITTY
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt.
« Reply #65 on: November 27, 2005, 06:12:27 pm »
Hoi TraumaTech,

Sounds good. I work late, shifts end at about 3am each morning, with every other weekend off.  I have a buddy who heads out to Shearwater every so often, he might be willing to give me a lift a little further down the road. We have many options if you move to Claton Park. When I lived on the Bedford Hwy. I played pool at Dooley's in Claton Park, always enjoyed that pool hall.

I'll send a pm as soon as I look at my schedule.

Hey! Hexx, are you still in the area?

Take care

drb

excellent........ Mutt and i hit Dooley's every now and then as well         

Offline GDA-Kel

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2005, 09:33:15 am »
Hey SQL Dev Team!

Just wanted to say 'congrats' on the progress you have made so far and to wish you continued success in further testing. 

Another thread got me thinking about the SQL kit again and I wondered if you had the complete kit up and running for your test.  I recall that I disabled several of the 'pieces' of the kit when I was running my EAW servers.  I beleive I disabled the news server, the shipyard server, and the econ server. 

From all your research into the workings of the code, do you have a pretty good idea of what info is passed between the server and the players?  For example, what ports are used to pass what info, and the format of that passed info?  Just curious....

Again...Great job!!!

GDA-Kel
Gorn Dragon Alliance

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #67 on: November 30, 2005, 10:17:09 am »
Thanks Kel! Tracey and I are going over the results now...

I am running all servers on The Forge, only turning down the news frequency and probablility. Its pretty stable but does not see high load reallly.

What info is passed between the server and players? Lots from what I can tell , lol.  All info is passed over the direcplay 7 ports (47624 tcp and 2300-2400 tcp&udp) at least I think so... (but the kit will build without directx)  and port 7 for tcp and udp pings (do not forward) we're just getting into the switch code now, at it popped up in this test as a probable issue. Some of the info passed follows  an abortion of the Gamespy SDK (check luigi auriemma's site for some details). Gamespy refuses to acknowledge us and will not provide an updated SDK.  :(  Some of the info follows the obsolete WON SDK which is included in the kit source but is a bit arcane to figure out without the documentation. I guess I can't really answer your question properly now, but hopefully soon!

Offline worfhonour

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #68 on: December 29, 2005, 05:37:09 am »
Hi,
Sorry I missed the Test >:(

Let me know when your testing again i'll be there.

WorfHonour ;D

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
« Reply #69 on: December 29, 2005, 09:16:47 am »
Roger. THe next test will probably be just a little after KCW finishes. (around the end of January)

762_XC

« Reply #70 on: December 29, 2005, 12:34:59 pm »
w00t