Topic: What Star Trek games do you have?  (Read 2195 times)

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
What Star Trek games do you have?
« on: November 27, 2005, 10:09:20 pm »
The topic is pretty simple as far as curiosity goes.  To be a little more detailed, what Star Trek games do you have now?  What did you used to have that was Star Trek, or just tried out but never got?  Mods of non-Trek games aren't included, though.

What I have right now (not necessarily installed) are the following:

• Star Trek: Generations (I never tried that game out.  Never did.  Might never will.)
  • Star Trek: Starship Creator (This wasn't really a game, was it?  I tried it for a while but it got boring, even after trying to mod it.  I thought I had lost it, but I recently found it on accident in a collection of CDs I have.)
  • Star Trek: Starfleet Academy (I liked playing this game back in 1998 and probably 1999, had some fun times and not-so fun times with this game.)
  • Star Trek: Klingon Academy (I lost that again, I want to find it again and reinstall it.  Fun fun game to play for a space combat sim.)
  • Star Trek: Starfleet Command (the only SFC I have installed so far when once again dealing with space problems and sorting it out)
  • Star Trek: Starfleet Command - Neutral Zone (My dad mistaked it for a newer version rather than a slightly-extended demo version of SFC.)
  • Star Trek: Starfleet Command - Volume II - Empires at War (I got this along with Armada 1 in Christmas 2000)
  • Star Trek: Starfleet Command - Orion Pirates
  • Star Trek: Armada 1 (Tried it out a bit... I actually have two copies of this.  The first one was in Christmas 2000 when I also got SFC Volume II)
  • Star Trek: Armada 2 (This came with another copy of Armada 1 and another Trek game with the expansion pack for that Trek game.  So far I never tried it out; I prefered SFC in strategic combat and really wanted the other Trek game for it, but still... *shrug* I can try it out.)
  • Star Trek: Bridge Commander (Or as I like to call it, Klingon Academy Lite.  Sure, nice graphics and TNG-era, but offers less in gameplay.  Got this on my sixteenth birthday, played it for a while in the summer, but got bored with it.)
  • Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force (I got this and the expansion pack along with Armada 1 and Armada 2, and was the game I wanted.  Around February 2004 I lost this along with most other data.  Each time I try reinstalling it, it freezes up.  I believe Pak0.pk3 is corrupted, and I really want to get back into this game.  If anyone has this game, can anyone help me with this?  It'll be really appreciated if you can; I like this game.)

I believe that's it, off the back of my head.  Never really picked up any of the board games that were Trek-ish, not even the Monopoly ones that I was somewhat interested in years ago.  But as far as Trek Games I had or tried out, they are the following:

• Star Trek: 25th Anniversary (Thanks Dash, for mentioning this.  I remember playing some of it now around ten years ago, though as a kid I found combatting those pirate ships tough, or the battle simulations with the Republic, and remember that different Starship class, forgot what it was.  A tug or something like that?  The Ptolemy? *shrug* As a kid I remember being bored with the landing party missions.)
  • Star Trek: Starfleet Academy (Super NES version - Rented it once or twice, prefered the PC version that I had later on, though I prefer KA over SFA)
  • Star Trek: Starfleet Command III (Or SFC Lite, set in the TNG-era.  I never picked up on this, never was interested.  And as far as modding goes, the previous SFC games were easier.  I later gave it away to another relative of mine.)
  • Star Trek: Elite Force II (I tried the demo version, it was nice but people prefered the first, and I do too.)

So, what Trek games do you have/did you used to have/only just tried out?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2005, 02:11:15 am by Chris Johnson »

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
Re: What Star Trek games do you have?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2005, 10:18:39 pm »
Hmm...

Have now

Star Trek: New Worlds (stinky game)
SFC (entire series, well I, II, OP, and III, no gold in there)
Star Fleet Academy
Klingon Academy
Armada
Armada 2
Birth of the Federation
Bridge Commander
Starship Creator
25th Anniversary (picked this up at a second hand bookstore, didn't cooperate too well with my OS however)
DS9: Dominion Wars (I did use the function of bringing in ships and crew from Starship creator to this).

Had and might still somewhere

Hidden Evil

Can't recall others off the top of my head...

"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 12:11:43 am »
Only SFC:OP installed at the moment, but I have SFC and SFCII lying around somewhere.

I had SFC3 but gave it away to someone here on the forums- I don't even remember who, LOL... that's how little I cared for it. I hated the whole 'good guy, bad guy' thing that was put intoit's storyline.

I had Birth of the Federation, but I never really liked it all that much.

None of the other Trek games even caught my eye.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Javora

• America for Americans first.
  • Commander
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 06:38:16 am »
I have SFC II, SFC OP, and SFC III although none of them are installed.  Haven't had much time for gaming lately and when I do it has been spent on Guild War and Battlefield 2/SF.

Offline Grim

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2005, 07:20:43 am »
SFC Series- entire series
Star Trek: New Worlds
Star Trek: Generations
Star Trek TNG: A Final Unity
Star Trek: Bridge Commander
Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force
Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force Expansion Pack
Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force 2
DS9: Dominion Wars

Offline Lepton

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2005, 11:08:22 am »
SFC I, II, OP, III
Starfleet Academy

That's it and SFA bit.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E521
AMD64x2 5000+
2G DDR2 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4850 512MB GDDR3
250GB SATA HD

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2005, 11:11:24 am »
Here's my entire collection

25th Anniversary
Judgement Rites
A Final Unity
Klingon
Borg
Starfleet Academy (and Checkov's Lost Missions expansion)
Klingon Academy
Klingon Honor Guard
New Worlds
Birth of the Federation
Starfleet Command
Starfleet Command Volume II:  Empires at War
Starfleet Command:  Orion Pirates
Starfleet Command III
Conquest
Away Team
Armada
Armada II