Topic: Solo Play Question  (Read 1219 times)

Offline Sfaret

• Lt. Junior Grade
Solo Play Question
« on: November 21, 2005, 09:06:49 pm »
I have tweaked my solo settings like crazy and have the game just about where I want it. The problem I am having is that the missions are not matching the location. For example I have been on patrol along the Hydran border but the missions all have Federation enemies. This last mission was a planetary assault in the nuetral zone by the Hydrans and the fed where defending the planet.

Is there a setting tweak to fix this?

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
Re: Solo Play Question
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 10:09:45 pm »
iS THIS ON A CAMPAIGN?

What every campaign designer and map maker needs to know is how AI is generated. I dont think this is the case in your situation.

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 10:12:31 pm »
Look at the tensions in your metamap.gf and metamap.war files. (any edits require a reset/new campaign)

edit: and as Dizzy suggests map layout and importantly enemy base locations play a large part...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 10:33:19 pm by Bonk »

Offline Sfaret

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 07:18:29 am »
I am using the stock maps. In fact I am specifically using the Early Era Map. The tensions levels are default which has the Hydrans at 800 with the Klingons. The problem is I am seeing Federation ships and bases on the Klingon/Hydran border. I was wondering if there is a mission matching tweak to fix this.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 02:21:54 pm »
U just need a new map.

Offline Sfaret

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 09:32:46 pm »
Okay, I am presuming you mean the original Early Era Map is at fault. Has anyone created a corrected one?

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2005, 12:56:26 am »
D/L artifex and make your own.

Offline Sfaret

• Lt. Junior Grade
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2005, 12:13:59 pm »
Okay I might be the densest man on the planet but I still do not get this. The hexs are marked as neutral which as they should be for an early era map. I just want a mission in the netural hexes between Klingon and Hydran space to NOT have federation ships all the time. I see no way to balance this in the map design short of making the hex Hydran, what am I missing?

I thought this was a script thing, some setting to tell it how to determine what enemy ships you face..

Offline Bonk

• Commodore
  • You don't have to live like a refugee.
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 01:27:20 pm »
Try setting the Klingon tension with the Hydrans to 1000 (in metamap.gf and metamap.war). This will require a new campaign to take.
You can try changing the values in MissionMatching.gf but it is undocumented and not reccomended.
You can try running Darkelfs db cleaner on your db to remove AI characters:
http://www.dynaverse.net/downloads/sfc2_op/utilities/SFC2%20OP%20Database%20Cleaner%20105R1.zip