Topic: The Shat's plan to save Trek  (Read 8289 times)

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
Re: The Shat's plan to save Trek
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2005, 12:11:36 pm »
They might want to take a stab at Enterprise B. Nothing's reallly been established at what happened to that ship. Plus it would be the opening phase of the Fed/Klink alliance, which makes for mischief...

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline OlBuzzard

• renegade
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2005, 01:54:23 pm »
They might want to take a stab at Enterprise B. Nothing's reallly been established at what happened to that ship. Plus it would be the opening phase of the Fed/Klink alliance, which makes for mischief...

hmmmm

not a bad idea !  Mischef for the Fedies .. and Klingon alike that might prefer to see both sides at each others throats as opposed to "at peace".

I kind a like that suggestion my self !   Throw in a lot of exploration stuff to keep a Trek theme (as oppossed to one of "war") ..  and that just might work !
If you aim at nothing:  you WILL hit it every time !

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2005, 01:58:08 pm »
That's a pretty good idea.  Also, we could have Sulu and his Excelsior drop in every once in a while.  However, after Enterprise and the new Star Wars movies, I'm absolutely sick of prequels.  As cool as it may be, I don't know if I can stomach a post-TMP/pre-TNG series right now.

I really believe that some new solid leadership in Star Trek needs to be established at Paramount along with a fresh crew of writers along with some of the best old Trek writers all with fresh new ideas before Star Trek should do anything.  Once they reach this state, it doesn't really matter which era they choose, it will be well done.

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2005, 04:21:54 pm »
Did you see how Riker and Troi appeared at the end of Enterprise?  I'm not sure I want Sulu to pop by a new Trek show anymore, shaking in cane at the whippersnappers and wasting internal sensor time and energy to locate his dentures...
... or get a younger guy to play Sulu...

Offline Father Ted

• Starfleet Chaplain-Recalled to Active Duty
  • Lt. Commander
  • Next to Ted Williams in the freezer
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2005, 01:36:14 pm »
The Riker and Troi scenes on the last episode of Enterprise reminded me of the Dallas dream season.

Captain: USS Majestik Moose NCC-1712

"Live as brave men; and if fortune is adverse, front its blows with brave hearts." -Cicero
"Superman wears Jack Bauer jammies."-Anonymous
"Better to fight for something than live for nothing." -George S. Patton

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2005, 03:56:49 pm »
Did you see how Riker and Troi appeared at the end of Enterprise?  I'm not sure I want Sulu to pop by a new Trek show anymore, shaking in cane at the whippersnappers and wasting internal sensor time and energy to locate his dentures...
... or get a younger guy to play Sulu...
The last time we ever saw Sulu was in Star Trek VI, and he was already going grey.  The problem with Riker and Troi in Enterprise was that we know that they looked much older than they were supposed to at that particular time because we have seen the TNG episode that was from, the ones after it, and the movies.  This won't apply to Sulu because we've never seen him in anything that would take place after the Enterprise-B series we're discussing.  Paramount would have to make him appear younger than he does now, but it won't seem out of place like Riker and Troi did in Enterprise.

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2005, 11:25:52 pm »
Seriously, would ANY Star Service allow anyone they considered to be typically superannuated to be an active duty field member?  Maybe in the back offices or headquarters or their currency, but on a front line starship??

"Sickbay!  This is Captain Chief!  Get Admiral Rickover out of stasis and get Tactical to see what he thinks about my deployment along the Romulan border!"  "Bridge!  This is the Doctor 86!  Can you spare an antigrav unit so we can prop him up?  Or would you believe we can do it with a couple of big redshirts?"

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2005, 12:15:59 am »
Actually, we saw Takei in that Voyager Episode, Flashback?  Both he and Whitney put on A LOT of weight since we saw them in The Undiscovered Country.  Other than that, they really haven't changed a whole lot.  But, If you could get the actor that played Harriman and Demora Sulu back, you could have a good run on the B.  Heck could have an "Admiral Chekov" giving orders.  I think out of all of them, besides Nemoy, Koenig is the only one that still looks like he could play the role he played a decade and a half ago.
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2005, 01:28:17 am »
Koeing should make only the briefest of cameo apperances in the first show, and then only be seen on vidscreens and mentioned by name later on. Whether we go prequal, post-ST:VI, or post-TNG, we need to sever as much of the ties that bind as we can.

They need to go to a Trek convenetion and let people audition... people that love Trek. GEt folks that will be in it for what they are doing, andnot for how mch they are getting paid to do it.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2005, 10:46:15 am »
I forgot about that Voyager episode (which is strange because I mentioned it in a post several days ago).  But he didn't look too old to play the part.  I thought it worked out great.  Besides, I'm not talking about regular appearances.  I think once or twice a season would be great, but regular appearances would be too much.

Admiral Checkov?  Did you happen to see his rank in Generations?  All those years in starfleet and he's still a Commander!  Even Captain Harriman who remembers learning about the Enterprise's adventures when he was in school outranks him.  Once again, poor Checkov gets the shaft.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2005, 10:43:12 am »
I would think there is enough raw footage that any star trak actor could be cut and inserted (ala Forrest Gump) and then do a voice-over for updated dialogue.

We have the technology...
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2005, 02:53:49 am »
I would think there is enough raw footage that any star trak actor could be cut and inserted (ala Forrest Gump) and then do a voice-over for updated dialogue.

We have the technology...
I wouldn't want to do that.  It just wouldn't seem genuine, and we Trekkies would see right through it.  I can name just about any TOS or TNG episode just by seeing a few seconds of it at almost any given part of the episode.  I can't quite say the same about DS9, Voyager, or Enterprise because I haven't watched re-runs of them nearly as often, but all of those actors still look about the same.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2006, 11:24:12 pm »
The Trouble with Tribbles remake was.... interesting..
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2006, 11:59:07 am »
That was a good episode, but only because it was supposed to be a revisit of The Trouble With Tribbles.  If they tried to make a completely new TOS "episode" that Sisko and company visited, then it just wouldn't work.  Did you spot the scene at the end when Sisko finally got to meet Kirk?  That was from Mirror Mirror.  I half-expected to see Marlena instead of Sisko, and when the scene cut to him, it didn't seem quite right to me.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2006, 02:14:11 pm »
Animation is getting pretty sophisticated too.  I wonder how long before you can't tell that it was really William Shatner, or a CGI replacement in Star Trek XXII?

Offline E_Look

• Grand High Scribe
  • Captain
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2006, 02:57:25 pm »
Simple.  Ol' Bill wouldn't look as hot as his animated self!