Topic: Civilization IV  (Read 20989 times)

Offline GE-Raven

• Lord God Emperor for Life of the Taldren SETI Group
  • D.Net VIP
  • Commander
  • The cause of AND solution to life's problems
    • Raven's Nest
Re: Civilization IV
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2006, 11:07:35 am »
O.K. Then I will organize it:

raven.nevermore@gmail.com

Send me an e-mail if you want in... I figure we can probably agree on a pretty basic rule set.

Large
Continents
All victory options
No AI
All Random Civs

Rest of everything else on default?

How does it sound?

GE-Raven

Offline GE-Raven

• Lord God Emperor for Life of the Taldren SETI Group
  • D.Net VIP
  • Commander
  • The cause of AND solution to life's problems
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2006, 11:16:17 am »
O.K. for those not familiar with PBEM here is how it works.

I start a game, after my first turn it gives me a file that is saved to the PBEM directory that I e-mail on to the second player.  He/She e-mails to the third...  Finally the last player e-mails me one and turn 2 begins (Yes the first few turns will be REAL slow).

Now I recommend we start an order and go all random on the civ selection (to avoid any wrangling for certain civs).  So how I think it would be best is I will keep track of who sends me e-mails first... and that will be our order I will edit this list to let everyone know the order, and I will use the e-mail to send you the e-mail address of the person you will always send to (until they are e-liminated)

SO:

1.  GE-Raven

Can't wait!!!

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #102 on: February 17, 2006, 11:18:02 am »
Hey Bro, you mind Posting this info also in the Stickie I just made for you?

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

762_XC

« Reply #103 on: February 17, 2006, 06:10:24 pm »
I have played as Washington, and found it by far the easiest victory I had on Prince level (haven't worked my way to Monarch yet).

Washington is the one leader who lets you expand rapidly without killing your tech development. The Org lets you grow quickly without falling too far behind, and the Fin lets you catch up quickly after your cottages start maturing.

Offline Ferretlxix_XC

• Methane Breathing Weasel Capt. & Halo/RvB fanatic
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
  • Hydran Capt Xeno Corp, XC clan overlord Halo 2
« Reply #104 on: February 17, 2006, 10:20:14 pm »
O.K. for those not familiar with PBEM here is how it works.

I start a game, after my first turn it gives me a file that is saved to the PBEM directory that I e-mail on to the second player.  He/She e-mails to the third...  Finally the last player e-mails me one and turn 2 begins (Yes the first few turns will be REAL slow).

Now I recommend we start an order and go all random on the civ selection (to avoid any wrangling for certain civs).  So how I think it would be best is I will keep track of who sends me e-mails first... and that will be our order I will edit this list to let everyone know the order, and I will use the e-mail to send you the e-mail address of the person you will always send to (until they are e-liminated)

SO:

1.  GE-Raven

Can't wait!!!

Holy shnakies b-man!!!   Sorry I haven't been up to see this recently but since somebody has gotten the ball rolling I'll be sending an e-mail out.  Thanks and whoot!!!

Offline SkyFlyer

• D.Net Beta Tester
  • Commander
« Reply #105 on: February 22, 2006, 01:25:07 pm »
The newest patch made the memory management much much worse. The game crashes after 40 minutes or so, unless I have a memory cleaner/manager in the background... =\
Life is short... running makes it seem longer.

"A god who let us prove his existence would be an idol" - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #106 on: February 22, 2006, 02:30:11 pm »
That's the first I've heard of it making it worse for anybody.  It really improved my game's performance and kept it from dragging at a snail's pace in the late game and when I've been playing for more than two hours at a time.

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2006, 01:03:04 pm »
<snikers> Sky uses winME.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

762_XC

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2006, 02:33:10 pm »
 :rofl:

Offline Ferretlxix_XC

• Methane Breathing Weasel Capt. & Halo/RvB fanatic
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Lt.
  • Hydran Capt Xeno Corp, XC clan overlord Halo 2
« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2006, 02:39:48 pm »
<snikers> Sky uses winME.

Stephen
Wow, sorry to hear about that. [bows head in silence]

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #110 on: February 24, 2006, 02:45:40 pm »
Heh. this game almost made my wife have me commited. See I mutter under my breath alot to myself, or sometimes hum.

Well for about a week she couldn't quite make out wha I was saying. See I usually repeat things over and over to make sure I can remember them at a later date.

anyway, She Finally figured out I was mentioning something about a beebing pig, and when she asked me, I chuckled. I had that darn Sattelite and Steel thing going through my mind. "Beeb...Beeb...Beeb..." and "I've got pig Iron, I've got Pig Iron, I've got all the Pig Iron."  She gave me the strangest smirk I ever saw in my life.

Stephen

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #111 on: February 24, 2006, 04:43:47 pm »
That's great.  I love those Nimoy quotes.  My girlfriend had a giggle fit (that's what I call it whenever she starts laughing and can't stop) when she first heard the Sputnik quote.  I've been singing humming the music that plays during the setup menu.

762_XC

« Reply #112 on: February 24, 2006, 04:47:38 pm »
I especially like the Al Gore pic for the Internet.  :rofl:

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #113 on: February 24, 2006, 04:57:42 pm »
No doubt Guys. So many rememorable Things to see in this game.

Stephen

Offline Mr_Tricorder

• 3D modeler /animator
  • Hot and Spicy
  • Lt. Commander
  • Trekkie at Large
    • My myspace page
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2006, 09:39:25 pm »
The 3ds max tools for Civ 4 were released about a week ago (this is not the SDK; that's supposed to be released later).  Unfortunately, absolutely zero documentation was included, so it's been really slow and frustrating learning how to work with them.  It looks like some people are now starting to make some promising headway (or at least more than I am) on creating new units.  I can't wait until I can learn how to use these tools to it's full potential.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2006, 05:00:43 pm »
Looks like there is going to be an expansion pack this summer, and Sid Meyer is redoing Railroad Tycoon and teaming up with Firefly (Stronghold) to do a Rome game.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 06:38:21 pm by Dracho »
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

762_XC

« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2006, 06:36:54 pm »
Check your link there Dracho.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2006, 06:39:13 pm »
Danged cut n paste..

Here it is.  Front Page Annoouncements.

http://www.firaxis.com/
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

762_XC

« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2006, 06:41:37 pm »
Hmph, new scenarios and a new unit. I hope it's a little more than that.

Offline Lieutenant_Q

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2006, 08:15:25 pm »
One thing I know for sure.  I'm going to pass on this expansion and wait until the inevitable third expansion comes out.  And if the third expansion isn't a compilation like C3C was, then the second expansion will be what? 20 bucks?
"Your mighty GDI forces have been emasculated, and you yourself are a killer of children.  Now of course it's not true.  But the world only believes what the media tells them to believe.  And I tell the media what to believe, its really quite simple." - Kane (Joe Kucan) Command & Conquer Tiberium Dawn (1995)