Topic: First European pyramid found  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
First European pyramid found
« on: October 28, 2005, 05:59:02 am »
Woah... now we got pyramids in the mideast, south america AND Europe  :o

Near the city of Visoko, 30 km north of Sarajevo, there is a stone pyramid of monumental size, claims the Bosnian archeologist Semir Osmanagić, who lives and works in the USA.

After several months of geological and archeological research, Mr. Osmanagić concluded that under the present hill of Visočica hides a stairs-like pyramid, about 12,000 years old. Osmanagić, who intensively researched on pyramids in Americas, Asia and Africa for the last 15 years and wrote several books on the subject, says he's quite sure he found the first pyramid in Europe, which is quite similar to ones in the Southern America.

He believes that the project would completely change Bosnia's significance in the world of archeology.

On the top of "Bosnian pyramid of Sun" was a temple, built by pre-Illyrians, people who lived, according to Osmanagić, 27,000 years ago.

Mr. Osmanagić thinks he will solve the "Bosnian pyramid of Sun" in the next five years, but also prove the existence of "Bosnian pyramid of Moon", lying under the neighboring hill of Kri˛˛.

According to BBC, the leading Bosnian newspaper "Dnevni Avaz" writes:

"The pyramid is 100 metres high and there is evidence that it contains rooms and a monumental causeway ... The plateau is built of stone blocks, which indicates the presence at the time of a highly developed civilisation," the daily explains.

"Archaeological excavations near the surface have uncovered a part of a wall and fragments of steps," it reveals.

"Visocica hill could not have been shaped like this by nature," geologist Nada Nukic tells the daily. "This is already far too more than we have anticipated, but we expect a lot more from further analysis," she concludes.
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
Re: First European pyramid found
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 11:07:38 am »
Oh.. I thought someone set up an AmWay distributorship or something.   :-X

Actually, that's pretty cool.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 11:43:29 am »
Oh.. I thought someone set up an AmWay distributorship or something.   :-X

Actually, that's pretty cool.

Yeah, it is :D

Now theres pyramids in middle east, asia, africa, south america and europe :)
Another favourite part of history that im interested in are the uncanny similarities between native american tribes/tribal life and finnish tribes/tribal life... I tend to wonder how america would of have developed if the tribes wouldnt have been kicked in the nads so hard, our tribal age ended some 100-150 years ago  :P

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 12:03:58 pm »
Hey, somebody had to come over and kick our hemisphere's original owners in the nads. First it was Spain, and after that it became a European major power gangbang over here.  ;D

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 12:33:19 pm »
I tend to wonder how america would of have developed if the tribes wouldnt have been kicked in the nads so hard, our tribal age ended some 100-150 years ago  :P

Well, you wouldn't be a P-Fleet captain, I can say that much. :P

Nice find with the European pyramids; quite fascinating.

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 07:23:34 pm »
Actually, Kennewick man and some other fossils point to Caucasians living here when the Native Americans arrived.  It might be that the original owners came back...
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline The Bar-Abbas Anomaly

• Alpha Dog
  • Commander
  • I may be synthetic, but I'm not stupid...
    • Alpha Dog Technical Services LLC
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 08:54:34 pm »
Woah... now we got pyramids in the mideast, south america AND Europe  :o

Near the city of Visoko, 30 km north of Sarajevo, there is a stone pyramid of monumental size, claims the Bosnian archeologist Semir Osmanagić, who lives and works in the USA.

After several months of geological and archeological research, Mr. Osmanagić concluded that under the present hill of Visočica hides a stairs-like pyramid, about 12,000 years old. Osmanagić, who intensively researched on pyramids in Americas, Asia and Africa for the last 15 years and wrote several books on the subject, says he's quite sure he found the first pyramid in Europe, which is quite similar to ones in the Southern America.

He believes that the project would completely change Bosnia's significance in the world of archeology.

On the top of "Bosnian pyramid of Sun" was a temple, built by pre-Illyrians, people who lived, according to Osmanagić, 27,000 years ago.

Mr. Osmanagić thinks he will solve the "Bosnian pyramid of Sun" in the next five years, but also prove the existence of "Bosnian pyramid of Moon", lying under the neighboring hill of Kri˛˛.

According to BBC, the leading Bosnian newspaper "Dnevni Avaz" writes:

"The pyramid is 100 metres high and there is evidence that it contains rooms and a monumental causeway ... The plateau is built of stone blocks, which indicates the presence at the time of a highly developed civilisation," the daily explains.

"Archaeological excavations near the surface have uncovered a part of a wall and fragments of steps," it reveals.

"Visocica hill could not have been shaped like this by nature," geologist Nada Nukic tells the daily. "This is already far too more than we have anticipated, but we expect a lot more from further analysis," she concludes.

It sounds like a lot of speculation and not much evidence....  When I took a look at the photo for the first time, my Expert Opinion was:  "Naaahhh...."

I'd like to see what happens when someone starts digging around there for real.

Alpha Dog is in the HOUSE!!!  (But he needs to go out...)

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 09:25:14 pm »
Next thing you know they will find the Stargate.  ;)

Really though, there is equipment for "mapping" the interior of hills and mountains. Do that first then see what comes up.

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2005, 04:29:08 am »
Chris Johnson - I was mostly referring to how America would have developed had the tribes been left in peace
Dracho - Interesting, I thought that the claims of kennewick being Europid were said to be... "hateful". I remember several "civil rights" groups being very up in arms about that. ;D
Obi-Juan Barabbas & Jack - Theyre already at it, I just dont have any links in english about it...

Offline Chris Johnson

• I used to be a Captain a forum or two ago...
  • Lt.
  • Hai! Hai!
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2005, 07:33:29 am »
Chris Johnson - I was mostly referring to how America would have developed had the tribes been left in peace

Might effect Roddenberry's pattern of thinking and birth status--thus my guess is still possibly valid. :P Y'know, lighthearted corny jokes like the Bat-puns? ;)

"Oh, shut up!" -- Wil Wheaton to Wesley Crusher

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 07:40:15 am »
Dracho - Interesting, I thought that the claims of kennewick being Europid were said to be... "hateful". I remember several "civil rights" groups being very up in arms about that. ;D
Obi-Juan Barabbas & Jack - Theyre already at it, I just dont have any links in english about it...

You know I do alot of talk about a game I didn't care for AOE3... But I have to jump in here. Just yesterday, I was thinking to myself, What If the Cherokees or the Iroquois had sailed across the Oceans , and discovered a new world. Mind You It's all a mental masterbation exercize, But It could make for some good fiction.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2005, 08:05:04 am »

Kennewick being caucasoid isn't hateful, it's political.  Other skeletons have been found to support the supposition, including a female in New Mexico.

It make sense that wandering tribes of people from northen eurasia would have crossed the bridge too.

Most likely, that's what it indicates.  That multiple ethnic groups were crossing the land bridge in various migrations.

Offline S'Raek

• Commander
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 08:27:38 am »
Further proof that it was the aliens that helped build them there pyramids! 

Veritas vos Liberabit -- Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 01:50:37 pm »
I always wondered if AVP had some truth in it!  ;D Now where are they hiding the queen?  ;)