Topic: Doctor Who spin-off  (Read 1685 times)

Offline Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
Doctor Who spin-off
« on: October 17, 2005, 07:38:28 pm »
Link to whole story

The BBC has announced plans to create a spin-off series from Doctor Who. Captain Jack, the maverick time traveler who guest stared in the latter episodes of the revived Doctor Who, will take centre stage in Torchwood, a "paranoid thriller" due to debut on digital channel BBC Three late next year.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Capt_Bearslayer_XC

• "Sorry I haven't been around much lately. I'm easily distracted by shiney things."
  • XenoCorp® Member
  • Captain
  • Virtute non verbis
Re: Doctor Who spin-off
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2005, 07:18:29 am »
:rofl:

I hope that him and the doctor cross paths again... I found Captain Jack to be entertaining as anything else on the show.
Political Correctness is really Political Censorship

A tax code should exist to procure the funds necessary for the operation of government, not to manipulate human or business behavior.

A nocens dies in loricatus est melior quam a bonus dies procul opus.

A bad peace is even worse than war."  --  Tacitus

"We thought we could resolve the system's problems by rationing services or injecting massive amounts of new money into it" -Claude Castonguay

Offline EmeraldEdge

• D.Net VIP
  • Lt. Commander
Re: Doctor Who spin-off
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 08:02:15 am »
Yeah, he was one of the best parts of the show (and there were a lot of good parts).  I imagine that if the new doctor doesn't quite stand up to Eccleston's ratings, they may try to bring in Jack to boost things up a bit. ;)