Topic: Gas Prices Falling?  (Read 4751 times)

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
Re: Gas Prices Falling?
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2005, 01:45:03 pm »
Maybe you giys got it cold in Bama, here in Texas it's still frigging hot.

http://www.maineharbors.com/weather/seatmpdi.htm

As you can see, the western gulf is still pretty darn warm. Hey look at Wilma! Is Cancun gonna get another bath?

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20051017/sc_nm/energy_weather_wilma_dc&cid=570&ncid=1112

Energy traders are already taking advantage of the situation.

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2005, 09:27:23 pm »
Energy traders are already taking advantage of the situation.

You hit it right here... it's just a flap so that the energy traders can try and iflate another gas bubble, just as the one we're in looks likely to pop.

And the Western Gulf is cooler now by a degree or two than when Katrina came through. Also, the Eastern Gulf- which is much cooler- is where the majority of the strength is gained, Jack.

We'll see when it gets here, but my money is on Wilma topping out at a Cat III and being a lowly Cat I when she hits land.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Mackie

• Puu jok' unhoittaa juurensa, kaatuu.
  • Lt. Commander
  • The tree that forgets its roots, will fall.
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2005, 09:36:36 pm »
I'm moving a buttload of my deceased parent's antiques right now, and it is mid-Oct and still hot as hades here in Texas, my apologies for taking it wrong.

Trop storm Wilma is going to have a heyday in the gulf with all this heat.  :(
Sorry to hear, hope everything goes well, though!
http://www.stupidfusion.com

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2005, 10:47:44 pm »
No worries brother Mack, almost everyone knows that happened last year. I'm over it. It's just moving is suchhhh a pain in the arse. Austin real estate is high dollar right now, and I have my Mexicana wife coming here soon (Can you believe I married the "enemy?") and I will be bending over to the INS to the tunes of thousands of dollars just for "paperwork processing fees" while the rest of Mexico just waltzes in and does what they want at minimal expense. GRRRRRRRRRR! I apologize, I should not EVEN get started.

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2005, 11:03:24 pm »
No worries brother Mack, almost everyone knows that happened last year. I'm over it. It's just moving is suchhhh a pain in the arse. Austin real estate is high dollar right now, and I have my Mexicana wife coming here soon (Can you believe I married the "enemy?") and I will be bending over to the INS to the tunes of thousands of dollars just for "paperwork processing fees" while the rest of Mexico just waltzes in and does what they want at minimal expense. GRRRRRRRRRR! I apologize, I should not EVEN get started.

Over in a year? Thats pretty rough man, must have been difficult... I couldnt imagine getting over something like that in a period of time as short as a mere year!  :-\
"Married the enemy?" If youre referring to the racial... 'aspects', of my beliefs, the preservation is often not a mere case of "them other coloured folks" being the mortal enemy... Unless ofcourse, if youre just speaking of the invading waves of people rushing over your southern borders, then you possibly did marry one of the enemy :P

Anyways im getting pretty tired as its 7am and Im still awake, hope you understood what I just said. And besides, its the Americas. Cant recall you ever really caring about a possible invasion in say, the past 60+ years? :P

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2005, 11:11:05 pm »
Well, looks like it'll hit yucatan then swing NE and brush Florida on the way out into the Atlantic.  If it doesn't cause major damage, and the gas prices surge ahead of it, they will fall even harder in its wake.  You might see gas below $2 before Thanksgiving.
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline J. Carney

• Son of Dixie
  • Commodore
  • Fortuna Favet Fortibus
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2005, 06:18:19 am »
Well, looks like it'll hit yucatan then swing NE and brush Florida on the way out into the Atlantic.  If it doesn't cause major damage, and the gas prices surge ahead of it, they will fall even harder in its wake.  You might see gas below $2 before Thanksgiving.

I think that we an all rally behind that prediction, Dracho.
Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for. - Earl Warron

The advantages of living in the Heart of Dixie- low cost of living, peace and quiet and a conservative majority. For some reason I think that the first two items have a lot to do with the presence of the last one.

"Flag of Alabama I salute thee. To thee I pledge my allegiance, my service, and my life."

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2005, 12:40:21 pm »
http://biz.yahoo.com/fool/051018/112965320608.html?.v=1

Looks like AVON is "gouging" more than the refiners after all...

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2005, 12:53:13 pm »
http://biz.yahoo.com/fool/051018/112965320608.html?.v=1

Looks like AVON is "gouging" more than the refiners after all...

Yeah.. but gas is a luxury, Avon is a necessity.  I mean, think about it, no gas?  You have to walk somewhere.  No Avon?  You have to sit home with an ugly chic.   :P
The worst enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan.  - Karl von Clausewitz

Offline Just plain old Punisher

• Vice Admiral
  • I'm not facist, I just like wearing jackboots
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2005, 01:00:18 pm »
OMG No concealer!!?? ::grabs knife::

"Sex is a lot like pizza.  If you're not careful you can blister your tongue". -Dracho

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2005, 01:14:01 pm »
I may be blonde, but has anyone noticed the blonde chics without makeup are butt ugly most of the time?

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #31 on: October 18, 2005, 02:59:15 pm »
I may be blonde, but has anyone noticed the blonde chics without makeup are butt ugly most of the time?
Not really, I prefer natural looking women. Somehow, too easily noticeable makeup looks just sort of 'artificial' as does the scent of a woman who insists wearing half a liter of deadorant or perfume. Staining lipstick, eye liner and bitterly sweet smelling perfumes on women makes me feel somewhat sick for some strage reason. ;P

Offline GE-Raven

• Lord God Emperor for Life of the Taldren SETI Group
  • D.Net VIP
  • Commander
  • The cause of AND solution to life's problems
    • Raven's Nest
« Reply #32 on: October 18, 2005, 03:33:28 pm »
All I know is that "my" redhead is sexy with or without makeup...  Hell I think she looks great even if she is not wearing a thing...  :o

GE-Raven

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
« Reply #33 on: October 18, 2005, 04:31:17 pm »
I hear ya, but is she natural or store bought?  :o

I also prefer natural looks, is one reason my ex and I grew apart, she can spend (I really mean this) HOURS doing make-up, hair, and getting ready for a social event or going to an important party or outing!  >:( While Vicky on the other hand looks great naturally and can get dressed in about the time it takes me to get ready, it rocks!  ;)

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #34 on: October 18, 2005, 05:09:28 pm »
I hear ya, but is she natural or store bought?  :o

I also prefer natural looks, is one reason my ex and I grew apart, she can spend (I really mean this) HOURS doing make-up, hair, and getting ready for a social event or going to an important party or outing!  >:( While Vicky on the other hand looks great naturally and can get dressed in about the time it takes me to get ready, it rocks!  ;)

Dont know whta you mean :p

As for the latter part; thats pretty much exactly what i was talking about :D

Offline Jack Morris

• Captain
« Reply #35 on: October 18, 2005, 07:18:46 pm »
Mack, what I mean is that here in America, what you find upstairs is NOT the matching color for "downstairs," if you know what I mean. It's dyed wool?  ;D

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2005, 07:38:10 pm »
Mack, what I mean is that here in America, what you find upstairs is NOT the matching color for "downstairs," if you know what I mean. It's dyed wool?  ;D
Erm, if I got this right then it is natural :p

Offline Dash Jones

• Sub-Commander of the Dark Side
  • Captain
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2005, 06:06:04 pm »

Actually, yeah...you're right!!!

About 90% of  REAL blondes ARE dirt ugly, unless they are Irish...in which case it's only 50%.

The rest of REAL blondescan be pretty hot...

The Real Blondes can't seem to compete with the other blondes...

A majority of those that are hot...actually aren't blonde...but fake blondes, normally brunettes that have dyed their hair blonde.

Most of the time you can tell from the eyebrows...if not someplace else.  The eyebrows are a dead give away...if they have darker eyebrows...weeeeelll

OR, if they have dark roots coming in...weeeeell.

What I find funny (this coming from a redhead) are all those that want to have blonde or even red hair that are not blondes or redheads...whilst those who actually have blonde or red hair...wonder why???
"All hominins are hominids, but not all hominids are hominins."

"Is this a Christian perspective?

Now where in the Bible does it say if someone does something stupid you should shoot them in the face?"

-------

We have whale farms in Jersey.   They're called McDonald's.

There is no "I" in team. There are two "I"s in Vin Diesel. screw you, team.

Offline Dracho

• Global Moderator
  • Rear Admiral
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2005, 10:34:59 am »
There are few things in this world as magnificant as an attractive red-haired Celtic woman.. except perhaps a dark-haired Celtic woman with blue eyes.   ;D

Offline Mackie

• Lt. Commander
    • stupidfusion
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2005, 11:06:40 am »
There are few things in this world as magnificant as an attractive red-haired Celtic woman.. except perhaps a dark-haired Celtic woman with blue eyes.   ;D

A Colleen, if I remember the term right :P