Topic: 'SG5 Server Status, up or down...  (Read 20380 times)

Offline Khemaraa

• Lt. Junior Grade
Re: 'SG5 Server Status, up or down...
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2005, 05:35:01 pm »
My server list shows it up, but it says I have a bad CRC on the ship list.   

(sigh!)

Offline LordSaxon

• Lt. Junior Grade
  • Honor before Fear.....
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2005, 06:18:30 pm »

(sigh!)

Same thing here, downloaded the shiplist Zip file, put it in my assets/specs file, same problem. What gives?

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2005, 06:39:39 pm »
7:40 pm EDT server down...5 min, no restart yet...
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2005, 06:40:33 pm »

(sigh!)

Same thing here, downloaded the shiplist Zip file, put it in my assets/specs file, same problem. What gives?

Khemaraa made it on...what did you find was the problem K?
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2005, 07:00:24 pm »
7:40 pm EDT server down...5 min, no restart yet...

8:00 pm...still down...been 20 min... :-\
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2005, 08:50:20 pm »
Its up, been up. Be nice when it gets rebooted peeps would say so.  :-\

Offline Commander Maxillius

• You did NOT just shoot that green sh-t at me?!?
  • Lt. Commander
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2005, 10:54:18 pm »
up, take a mission, win, lost connection.

log back in

log back in

up, change ships to comething faster, take a mission, win, lost connection.

quit.

also note others had my same idea.  1st log in there were 15 people logged in, 2nd: 8, 3rd: 3

it does get old.
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

762_XC

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2005, 11:01:20 pm »
Diito on d.net TS. p00py network problems!

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2005, 07:02:15 am »

log back in

log back in

quit.

also note others had my same idea.  1st log in there were 15 people logged in, 2nd: 8, 3rd: 3

it does get old.

Then stfu. It's getting old hearing you peeps complain about it all the time. If you are gonna quit, quit and stop posting about it. If you dont have something good or contructive to say, dont.

FYI the server isnt crashing, there were network problems. It probably doesnt matter to you why it went down only that it isnt up. But if you dont know where to place blame or how to be contructive, then just report its down plz. Thats the purpose of this thread.

I'm really disgusted with the few naive players who think threatening everyone is gonna quit because of a server burp will produce something contructive. Well it wont so STFU.

FYI, SG5 is VERY stable. VERY few crashes. It can hold a player load 30+ peeps. It can go for hours on end without crashing. Occasionally it will crash. This is due to players who Alt in mission and forfeit missions (so mb STOP alting and forfeiting). Other times it is due to netwrok issues. For the most part, its up most of the time. If you have ideas on how this volunteer server can be run more effectively and efficiently, please by all means share with us your wisdom. Till then, a simple post with server ups or downs will suffice. TY.

Offline KBFLordKrueg

• Commander
  • KBF CO
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2005, 03:57:33 pm »
 :o
Damn, Dizzy...having bad day...?  :P
Lord Krueg
KBF CO
We are the Dead

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2005, 07:32:37 pm »
My recent sessiopn with thor was terminated. Mb a network issue. XC TS went down too. Not SGO5 related. But we do run off that machine. Dunno if its on the network side or with freys machine...

I'l see if I can get a session to hold and clean the DB which kinda needs it anyway. DB is over 1 MB.

May be down for a bit.

EDIT: Posted here: D.Net Directory Services Status and Outages Thread

Most likely a network issue. It may clear up on its own... If so, I'll wait to do a DB clean till later unless someone beats me to it. If not, we wait for word from Frey.

afk for a while...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 07:48:31 pm by Dizzy »

• Lt. Commander
Re: SG5 Server Status, up or down...
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2005, 08:04:50 pm »

log back in

log back in

quit.

it does get old.

Then stfu. It's getting old hearing you peeps complain about it all the time. If you are gonna quit, quit and stop posting about it. If you dont have something good or contructive to say, dont.

FYI the server isnt crashing, there were network problems. It probably doesnt matter to you why it went down only that it isnt up. But if you dont know where to place blame or how to be contructive, then just report its down plz. Thats the purpose of this thread.

I'm really disgusted with the few naive players who think threatening everyone is gonna quit because of a server burp will produce something contructive. Well it wont so STFU.

FYI, SG5 is VERY stable. VERY few crashes. It can hold a player load 30+ peeps. It can go for hours on end without crashing. Occasionally it will crash. This is due to players who Alt in mission and forfeit missions (so mb STOP alting and forfeiting). Other times it is due to netwrok issues. For the most part, its up most of the time. If you have ideas on how this volunteer server can be run more effectively and efficiently, please by all means share with us your wisdom. Till then, a simple post with server ups or downs will suffice. TY.

I meant quit for the night.  I just thought I'd give a creative account of what happened.  I played three missions last night where no points were recorded and I got frustrated, which I see you are as well.  I came back on after about an hour and there were no more problems and my apologies for not posting here about that too.  I also played today for about an hour and that was flawless as well.  Your server *is* the most stable and the fastest I've ever played on, it's just sad that the network is such a problem.

Please remember to read the post before making an asshat out of yourself and assuming I'm just an alting n00b.
I was never here, you were never here, this conversation never took place, and you most certainly did not see me.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #52 on: October 15, 2005, 01:56:06 am »
Please remember to read the post before making an asshat out of yourself and assuming I'm just an alting n00b.

Perception is everything. Like you said, most peeps dont post when the server is up and running flawlessly. They only see these down posts and what do you think they think?

FYI: Frey says the network provider was responsible tonight for all the ups and downs... XC's server, TS, and forums all experienced issues. Unfortunately, after I logged off to get some sleep, no one posted the problem was resolved. :(

Apparently its been working for quite a long time and the network issue was brief. Still have to do a DB clean, but the server isnt dropping so I'll leave it alone till there are fewer peeps on the server. Still about 18 on.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2005, 06:40:40 am »
Server DB cleaned.

Offline Dfly

• Lt. Commander
  • Lyran Alliance Lives
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2005, 09:37:39 am »
TY Dizzy

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2005, 05:45:51 pm »

Perception is everything. Like you said, most peeps dont post when the server is up and running flawlessly. They only see these down posts and what do you think they think?

FYI: Frey says the network provider was responsible tonight for all the ups and downs... XC's server, TS, and forums all experienced issues. Unfortunately, after I logged off to get some sleep, no one posted the problem was resolved. :(

Apparently its been working for quite a long time and the network issue was brief. Still have to do a DB clean, but the server isnt dropping so I'll leave it alone till there are fewer peeps on the server. Still about 18 on.

If it makes you feel better, it took me about 20 minutes to post a reply once I read your post because my first reaction was to start a big-ass flamewar, but then I realized that you're under serious stress and you really *REALLY* care about this game and everyone's enjoyment of it and it just takes one guy too many to post "server's down" to set the bomb off. 

So I apologize for any percieved hard feelings, none were intended.  I'll be on the server tonight in my KE giving some Plasma R lovin' to the Feds ;D

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2005, 07:04:57 pm »
No need to apologize, + karma to u, it was me who needs to apologize cuz i snapped at ya.

Yes, perception is a BIG deal for me. No where is there a thread discussing the coolness of the server. I'll say its incredibly balanced, fun, great pvp and all sorts of other goodness, but its a little light on players. I believe its because of the 1st week false start we had and the impression to new and casual players that the server is down a lot which it isnt... Well everythings fixed and running smoorthly.

Ironic tho, atm the server is down, hehe. Newtwork issue, server DB did not crash. MCI prolly, the forums were down a min too. Did a DB clean this morning so we are real good till tonight or tomorrow.

• Lt. Commander
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2005, 07:15:30 pm »
Well, I'm having connection problems too.

I have to turn off the Windows firewall to get on the server, but while the firewall's off I'm vulnerable to anything and everything that finds me.

But I'll be on, if not tonight then tomorrow.

Offline Dizzy

• Captain
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2005, 08:15:07 pm »
The last netwrok disruption lasted 5 mins or so. Been fine since.

el-Karnak

« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2005, 09:53:54 pm »
Que Pasa?

This server is bouncing like racquet ball on steroids.  :huh: