Topic: Stupid question but how do you change race names in SFC OP?  (Read 2480 times)

kingofthedemonhunters

Please help me. Thanks  

Rod O'neal

Re: Stupid question but how do you change race names in SFC OP?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2003, 10:40:10 am »
Chris Jones' TNG mod renames races, if I remember correctly. He does it by editing the aastrings file. It's been a while since I looked at it. The best thing to do is to DL, or somehow, get ahold of his spec files and look at them. From what I recall it would be very hard to just describe it.    

kingofthedemonhunters

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2003, 06:29:19 am »
ok thanks very much, doesn't help me much because I TNG is the oera I don't want, But I'm still very appreciative of the help. Thank you  

Rod O'neal

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2003, 09:04:45 am »
Even if you don't install the mod you can look at the files to use as a template. That should help. There are someplaces in the files that you have to replace the original name with the new name. I just don't recall exactly what lines. Sorry that I can't be specific on the editing. It's probably been a year or so since I looked and my memory just isn't that good.  

john999

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2006, 01:39:19 pm »
Just picked this up from another thread in this section, haven't tried it yet:
Changing the apparent names of the empires in OP:
Look in the strings.txt file.
Also in the aastrings, the .mct files, chat.gf, help.gf, metamap.gf, metamap.war (it opens with notepad), and racenames.gf.