Topic: ENT's Sussman to continue "In a Mirror, Darkly" storyline  (Read 1730 times)

Offline Rat Boy

• Bringer of the Funk
  • Lt. Commander
ENT's Sussman to continue "In a Mirror, Darkly" storyline
« on: October 01, 2005, 11:26:40 am »
From Trek Today

I'd be interested in seeing what happens with the Defiant and how the Empire seems to have the same level of ship technology in between "IaMD" and "Mirror, Mirror," a span of over a hundred years.

"Chaos Theory, Part II" now available.

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
Re: ENT's Sussman to continue "In a Mirror, Darkly" storyline
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2005, 11:03:03 pm »
From Trek Today

I'd be interested in seeing what happens with the Defiant and how the Empire seems to have the same level of ship technology in between "IaMD" and "Mirror, Mirror," a span of over a hundred years.

The Empire wanted to take Defiant back, rip it apart, and reverse engineer all the technology.   Archer wanted to keep it for himself and use it as a tool to take and keep the throne.  Sato did the same thing.

I'm guessing it was kept in one piece and used as a regime enforcement tool, until some enterprising emperor wanna-be figured out a way to blow it up.  Some things would be learned and some advances made, but not enough to enable the The Terran Empire to leap ahead of the Federation. 

But then again, how do you know that the ISS Enterprise wasn't far advanced beyond the USS Enterprise?  The two never had to face each other.   The imperial version may have mopped the floor with the Federation version.

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell
-----------------------------------------