Topic: Trying to think of the name of a movie...  (Read 3429 times)

Offline Sirgod

• Whooot Master Cattle Baron
  • Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
Trying to think of the name of a movie...
« on: November 10, 2005, 10:15:28 am »
It was based off a novel by one of the more Popular scifi guys. It dealt with a team who would take people on Time travel Safaris, But they had to stay on this Electric sidewalk thingie. I guess the movie comes about how one man stumples off the safty area, Just for a second, and all of time is changed. It just came out this year IIRC, But for the life of me, I can't think of the name of It.

Stephen
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
Re: Trying to think of the name of a movie...
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 10:29:18 am »
It was based off a novel by one of the more Popular scifi guys. It dealt with a team who would take people on Time travel Safaris, But they had to stay on this Electric sidewalk thingie. I guess the movie comes about how one man stumples off the safty area, Just for a second, and all of time is changed. It just came out this year IIRC, But for the life of me, I can't think of the name of It.

Stephen

Hi, Stephen:

The name of the movie was "The Sound of Thunder".  It was (very) loosely based upon a (very) short story by Ray Bradberry.

-S'Cipio the Scribe
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

-----------------------------------------
Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell

Online Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2005, 10:32:39 am »

Stephen

Dang S'Cipio beat me with the post but here is the IMDB link to the movie.  A Sound of Thunder

Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2005, 10:51:20 am »
That's It, Thanks guys. Was It anygood by the way?

Stephen

PS. Arrgh Damn new keyboard.
"You cannot exaggerate about the Marines. They are convinced to the point of arrogance, that they are the most ferocious fighters on earth - and the amusing thing about it is that they are."- Father Kevin Keaney, Chaplain, Korean War

Offline GDA-S'Cipio

• Brucimus Maximus
  • Captain
  • If I took the bones out, it wouldn't be crunchy.
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2005, 11:09:49 am »

Stephen

The shortstory was outstanding.  I was skeptical about the movie based upon the previews but I still wanted to see it (it looked like they added *a lot*).  I didn't get to catch it at the theater, but I still plan to rent it some time.   

-S'Cipio
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on the objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents."  - James Madison (chief author of the Constitution)

Gorn Dragon Alliance member
Gorn Dragon Templar
Coulda' used a little more cowbell

Online Nemesis

• Captain Kayn
  • Global Moderator
  • Commodore
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2005, 02:02:07 pm »

Stephen

Haven't seen it.  The first I heard of it was your posting.  I used your info to search IMDB and found it.
Do unto others as Frey has done unto you.
Seti Team    Free Software
I believe truth and principle do matter. If you have to sacrifice them to get the results you want, then the results aren't worth it.
 FoaS_XC : "Take great pains to distinguish a criticism vs. an attack. A person reading a post should never be able to confuse the two."

Offline Sirgod

• Global Moderator
  • Vice Admiral
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2005, 03:46:27 pm »
RGR that guys. I think I'll rent It also when It becomes available. It's just that I trust the people here and there opinions over Movies then I do other places. Yeah Bradburry Rocks also Scippy.

Stephen

Offline Alidar Jarok

• Commander
  • He Took My Sammich
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2005, 09:51:06 pm »

Stephen

Hi, Stephen:

The name of the movie was "The Sound of Thunder".  It was (very) loosely based upon a (very) short story by Ray Bradberry.

-S'Cipio the Scribe

Great story.  I think the first Bradbury book I read was called "R is for Rocket", which had this story in it.  Martian Chronicles is even better, but I'd have to say that Ray Bradbury is one of my favorite authors.

I'd be skeptical that a movie could do the story right, though.
From Me to You - The Beatles

If there's anything that you want,
If there's anything i can do,
Just call on me and i'll send it along
With love from me to you.