Topic: Can we create new armors!!!  (Read 3279 times)

**Smiley**

Can we create new armors!!!
« on: March 11, 2003, 10:17:42 pm »
I got the Armoured Voyager and want to create a new armor for the Federation, I would like to know if it's possible to create one. The federation armor goes to 5 and want to create a 6th one, but don't want the Federation to buy it. Is it possible, if so can you tell me how it's done.

Thx  

Stormbringer

Re: Can we create new armors!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2003, 10:34:39 pm »
I'd say back up the .gf file. Then go for it typein or copy and paste all data for one set of armor.Change the armor number. Change the cost and any other values you want to tinker with, then go into the game and see if it shows up in refit. That is the only way to find out. I've modified existing armor but not tried to add additional levels of armor.

**Smiley**

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2003, 03:32:57 pm »
Thx but already try it and don't work, anyone knows how to.    

Teeth_03

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2003, 07:26:04 pm »
Bad news,I think it is impossible.You see in the game itself it has all of the items used into the game.About the only thing you could had to the game is the stuff from other races,starbases and the Borg shields(yes there are Borg shields, they are unavailable for refit thought).The best thing you could do is to put Borg armor on it.Voyager blew up enough Borg, you would think they salvaged something??????Good luck.  

Captain KoraH

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2003, 09:17:28 pm »
It is indeed impossible, as Dave Farrell of Taldren has confirmed for me. We cannot:

1. Add to GF files
2. Modify titles of GF file entries
3. add new GF files

All you can do with the GF files is change the values, and even then one must be extremely careful not to upset some other element of game balance.  

**Smiley**

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2003, 01:24:14 am »
Thx